Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Cuz kids couldn't afford a high end PC compared to a console :tpi:

Kids usually get smaller versions of adult stuff to play with and pretend they're grownups, like those pedal/electric cars, or kitchen sets, or toy power tools, game consoles... stuff that looks like the real thing but has reduced functionality.

:tpi:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Bayonetta 2 officially bombed in Japan, first week sales are 81% lower than the first week sales of Bayonetta on the PS3 and 360.

First week Japanese sales:

Bayonetta [PS3] – 138,430
Bayonetta [XB360] – 66,211
Bayonetta 2 [WiiU] – 38,828

The sequel sold only about 58% of what the original sold on the Xbox 360 which flopped in Japan to begin with.

#OperationPlatinum totally works, guys! ;O;

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Bayonetta 2 officially bombed in Japan, first week sales are 81% lower than the first week sales of Bayonetta on the PS3 and 360.

The sequel sold only about 58% of what the original sold on the Xbox 360 which flopped in Japan to begin with.

#OperationPlatinum totally works out, guys! ;O;

BUT BUT BUT BAYONETTA 2 SO HARDCORE IT'S WHAT GAEMRS WANT RIGHT??????

Oh man Nin10doh, you decide to sort of listen kinda about people wanting nice "hardcore" third party games and you go and choose the one practically no one gave a shit about?10/10 ;O;

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Within the realms of realism (which is to say it or at least something very close to it has happened before) can Bayonetta 2 be a hit without Japan?

Also as I was scrolling down I was trying to remember what other games the Wii U had, I could not think of any as I forgot about Smash. Some might say it is trying not to think about the upcoming bitching session when it gets released, I do not reckon it is though.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Within the realms of realism (which is to say it or at least something very close to it has happened before) can Bayonetta 2 be a hit without Japan?

Also as I was scrolling down I was trying to remember what other games the Wii U had, I could not think of any as I forgot about Smash. Some might say it is trying not to think about the upcoming bitching session when it gets released, I do not reckon it is though.

Probably not.
-The game has little to no advertising outside of Japan
-No one knows the game exists outside of hardcore Nintendo fans and Bayonetta fans
-It's on Wii U

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I think the biggest problem with Bayonetta 2's release is it just so happens to be around the same time frame Smash Bros launched, which is pretty much suicide since Smash Bros is like a god over there.

Not to mention the first Bayonetta game sold better both in Europe and in NA than it did in Japan, so there wasn't much of a fanbase there anyways.

Well that and Bayonetta is a shit series on a shit console ;O;O;O;

Reactions: Foxi4

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking more that even if it did similar sales outside Japan to any of the top selling Wii U titles whether it would rate as a hit. I agree that by every sensible metric/prediction it is not going to do much of anything (as you say ill promoted niche Wii U exclusive sequel to a nice game, a game in a simultaneously less popular gameplay style and fairly well saturated gameplay style).

What I am going to be more curious about is how it will stack up against Samurai Warriors 4 (out a few days before), Lords of the Fallen (the week after) as well as Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (in a few days).

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
They might as well save everybody's time by writing "it's the same as last time, there are some new characters, X/10" as the review.

PFFT FUXI4$ONY$UCKS SHWS WUT U NO SMASH BROS 3DS IS TTLY DIFRNT DA AIR TIEM IS D-CREESED N DIFRNT GFX (EVN THO GFX DNT MTTR LOL) N NW STGS N NW ITMS LOL UR SO RONG

EDIT: N WE CNT 4GET HOW CUMPETITIVE DA SMASH BROS IS LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1