Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
With advanced understanding capabilities?

WOCUzW1.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/04/16/japanese-sales-chart-ps-vita-outsells-the-3ds/

"In something that happens very rarely, the PlayStation Vita beat the Nintendo 3DS last week in Japan for hardware sales, with Sony’s handheld moving 24,078 units, while both 3DS SKUs moved 23,562 units. The PlayStation Vita can attribute this win to dropping 3DS sales due to no big new releases, with the Vita also receiving 3rd Robot Wars Z: Jigoku Hen, which debuted in 2nd with over 128,000 in sales."

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They're free games which you receive as a part of a paid service, and they're not its only element. Alongside Instant Game Collection Plus subscribers also get early access to betas and demos, exclusive avatars and misc. junk and price cuts. You're paying for the PSPlus service, not Instant Game Collection, so there. If you are given a free moped, it's free and the fact that you have to pay for fuel to use it doesn't change that - the two items are entirely separate.

In any case! http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/...now-brings-in-more-money-than-console-gaming/

cKSEtDk.png

Need I say more?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Give or take arcades why was it ever below?
Mostly because people (used to?) prefer the painless, cost-effective, plug-and-play console solution. Steam somewhat flipped the tables here though and since PC's are practically a necessity in this day and age and they're cheaper than ever, the balance is shifting.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
They're free games which you receive as a part of a paid service, and they're not its only element. Alongside Instant Game Collection Plus subscribers also get early access to betas and demos, exclusive avatars and misc. junk and price cuts. You're paying for the PSPlus service, not Instant Game Collection, so there.
You could also say you're paying for the games and getting free online services with them.
Can you get the games without paying anything? No. Therefore, they are not free. They are part of the whole package that you pay for.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You could also say you're paying for the games and getting free online services with them.
Can you get the games without paying anything? No. Therefore, they are not free. They are part of the whole package that you pay for.
The option to get them is a part of the package, nobody forces you to claim anything from the Instant Game Collection menu, it's just common sense to do so. I see your point though, at the end of the day you do pay for the service, so you do have to dish some money out.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The option to get them is a part of the package, nobody forces you to claim anything from the Instant Game Collection menu, it's just common sense to do so.
Nobody forces you to go online after you've downloaded the monthly games, either :ha:
It's like believing mobile phone companies when they say the phone you get with a two year subscription is "free". It's really not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...