Hacking Guidence needed

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The transfer didn't go through at all even though it looked like it was about to. Are you sure I can try again in a week?

Right now my 2ds is giving me that NNID error.
Well you should be able to... Have you tried doing the NNID fix? (Holding x/y) or whatever it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random Joe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you should be able to... Have you tried doing the NNID fix? (Holding x/y) or whatever it is

Ya I did that to get rid of error. But now I'm wondering what I need to do to get the NNID working on it again. Will it just work again after 7 days?

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ya I did that to get rid of error. But now I'm wondering what I need to do to get the NNID working on it again. Will it just work again after 7 days?
Since the transfer didn't go through, are you not able to do it again right now?

Random Joe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NNID wasn't still on source because the souce got wiped.

I restored my backup to get the NNID back on there. The error "NNID cannot be used on this device error"

Last edited by Random Joe,

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The NNID wasn't still on source because the souce got wiped.

I restored my backup to get the NNID back on there. The error "NNID cannot be used on this device error"
Yeah but it works after you fixed the error, right?

NNID's are attached to the hardware, server-side from Nintendos perspective so your NNID must be attached to either system

Random Joe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was afraid to try. Id rather just attempt to get it back to the 2ds.

The target new 3ds was wiped in the process. So it never had my NNID working on it.

Should I try to link it to the new 3ds? Or hold off in an attempt to get nintendo to put it back on my 2ds.

Last edited by Random Joe,

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was afraid to try. Id rather just attempt to get it back to the 2ds.

The target new 3ds was wiped in the process.

Should I try to link it to the new 3ds? Or hold off in an attempt to get nintendo to put it back on my 2ds.
From the sounds of it, the system transfer has failed to transfer the DSiWare game and steel divers but according to Nintendo severs the NNID would be attached to the new 3ds.

Your only option is to call Nintendo as even if you waited a week, you won't be able to transfer back from n3ds to 2ds

Random Joe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like I'm screwed then right?

Would I be able to make a new NNID on the 2ds. Wait a week. and then try a system transfer again?

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sounds like I'm screwed then right?

Would I be able to make a new NNID on the 2ds. Wait a week. and then try a system transfer again?
Nah don't think so because the 2ds according to Nintendo has no NNID now. Try making a NNID now and see if it works? But I don't think it's possible

You're not screwed, just give Nintendo a call & follow the guide I posted on the first page -
No problem :) if you end up doing the DSi Downgrade with your hacked 2ds, remember you'll have to call Nintendo to get the NNID back on the 2ds from your n3ds (as transferring back yourself wont work) but just follow this guide that was posted on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5emau6/tutorial_how_to_get_your_nnid_back_after_using/

Last edited by clancy94,

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was able to make a new NNID on the 2ds.

So I should rebuy the game and wait a week to try again right?
Oh nice. Well up to you, if you call Nintendo and they transfer it back you wouldn't have to rebuy the game.

Just a quick question, you took the 2ds sd card out and put it in the target 3ds after the transfer, right? (Sorry if I asked already, talking to another guy about a similar issue)

Random Joe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya I just deleted the new 3ds memory card at that point and transfered everything from the 2ds SD to the microSD using the computer.

The only point I was questioning myself on. Was at what point I was suppose to take out the cards to transfer the files over. I figured I did it at the right time though because the rest of the process was a success till the very last second.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ya I just deleted the new 3ds memory card at that point and transfered everything from the 2ds SD to the microSD using the computer.

The only point I was questioning myself on. Was at what point I was suppose to take out the cards to transfer the files over. I figured I did it at the right time though because the rest of the process was a success till the very last second.
You had to put the source's SD on the target console exactly when the source told you the transfer was complete and the target said it was about to reboot.

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ya I just deleted the new 3ds memory card at that point and transfered everything from the 2ds SD to the microSD using the computer
Ok I know for a fact when i did the DSiWare downgrade this did not work for me. The only way to get it to work was putting the source sd card straight into the target 3ds

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok I know for a fact when i did the DSiWare downgrade this did not work for me. The only way to get it to work was putting the source sd card straight into the target 3ds

Copying to a new SD card works, trust me. That wasn't the reason.

Anyway, if he had skipped the DSiWare transfer, there's no reason for a wrong message, just the game not being transferred, but NNID and everything else would be working alright on target console.

Random Joe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took the sd cards out right around the time the 3ds was describing how to properly do the file trans on the computer.

I put the cards back in.

Then the data transfer part started. It hit 100% said the transfer was completed then the error hit.

It sounds like I did the SD card data swap too early?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr