Hacking Guide to Installing POPSLoader v3 on PRO-B8 through PRO-C CFW

bg2001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the life of me I can't get this to work.

Using PSPGo CFW Pro C 6.60

Followed the OP instructions to the letter. Used the file linked to in the OP.

I can bring up the menu with R. Trying to play Xenogears or Dragon Warrior VII. They hang with a black screen and eventually my system restarts.

I am using EBOOTs made for both games via PSX4PSP 1.4.2

EDIT: Now tried Chrono Cross. Same issue. Loaded it with 3.40 but still just hangs at a black screen then resets.

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the life of me I can't get this to work.

Using PSPGo CFW Pro C 6.60

Followed the OP instructions to the letter. Used the file linked to in the OP.

I can bring up the menu with R. Trying to play Xenogears or Dragon Warrior VII. They hang with a black screen and eventually my system restarts.

I am using EBOOTs made for both games via PSX4PSP 1.4.2

EDIT: Now tried Chrono Cross. Same issue. Loaded it with 3.40 but still just hangs at a black screen then resets.
When you hold R, what version of popsloader does it say it is? If it says "popsloader v1" recopy everything inside the seplugins folder of what you downloaded onto your psp again, and don't run the installer. It should say something along the lines of "popsloader v3" when holding R after that.

Reactions: Terminator02

bg2001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FN - did what you said. Finally got a game loaded up! Chrono Cross. I almost gave up after spending almost a whole day on this whole thing.

Thanks for your help!!!

Nick420

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please help me here. This is doing my nut in now. What the hell am i doing wrong???
Im using a psp street E1003 on procfw 6.60 rev c
I have installed popsloader following this guide and this dl.
Im using this program to create the game eboots--->RS-GUI PopStationMD v3.00
when i try and load a game using anything other than original from flash i just get a black screen then after a while the psp shuts down.
I have the plugin enabled but no joy.... Would love to play a bit of final doom and the resi games using this.
Im pretty sure all my file structure is correct.

two questions.
Do i still need to use psar dumper with this download?
which pops versions are compatible with my psp the same as a fat psp??

Major thanks to any1 who helps me figure this out :-)

Edit!!! NVM just read FailName's Post and it worked a treat lol. I read to like page 5 and was like fuck it im postin lol. Happy now been at this for ages :-) THANKS FAILNAME!!!!!!11

Rickicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just to add info:

For anyone with CFW 6.60-PRO B10 who wanted to play Xenogears, POPS 3.52 seemed to run it perfectly as I manage to broke through the dreaded "First Battle Shatter Effect Freeze With Sound" madness. I used the instructions found on this thread to the letter, by the way.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I followed that guide and it seems to work. It even remembers without having to hold down R when launching a game. I have only been able to fix one game despite some compatibility claims that seem to work.

I actually found a copy of FF7 playstation store eboot and it wouldn't work until I changed the POPS version. These other games I can't seem to figure out how to get to work and so far changing the POPS has not helped.

I can not get Crash Bandicoot 2 to work though even though I see it reported as working on POPS versions I tried. It doesn't start, just a black screen. I tested the iso in epsxe and it works and I followed the guide here to convert it to an eboot.

RE2 is giving me issues too. I am trying the Claire disc and the farthest I can get is Police station which goes black and continues to play music, other times it freezes at the gore warning.

Tomb Raider has random freezes but I have made it as far as the monastery.

Any advice on these? I bought a brand new PSP3000 about a month ago and hacked it following the info found in this forum, 6.6 PRO temporary is what I used.

I am also not clear on what the POPS compatibility is stating, it mentions trying 3.71 in the guide but then says it doesn't work. It says "All POPS working" which is confusing, do they all work with the models on the first line? What is the difference and how do I tell between 3000 3g/4g/9g(and does it even matter or is the compatibility the same for all these)? The non working versions do what if you select them? Crash your PSP?:

POPS Compatibility:

All POPS working with PSP Fat, 2000 and 3000 3g
PSP 3000 4g and 9g(maybe all):
Every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS
Every POPS from 3.71 to 6.00 DOESN'T WORK
Every POPS from 6.20 to Original from flash POPS WORKS

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm a little confused. The topic lists versions of POPS that don't work, but looking at the compatibility list I see people got some games to run on versions (3.71 that I saw) that are not working. Did they work at some point? Several games I'm interested in work with 3.71. :/

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I read it wrong. I read "All POPS working with PSP Fat, 2000 and 3000 3g
PSP 3000 4g and 9g(maybe all):" as one statement, so reading below that the versions that did and didn't work really confused me. My brain needs extra help sometimes. :/

ulheel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, so I am no noob here, but I have been away for some time from the PSP hack scene. I have a new PSP 3000 09g running on a TA095-V2 chipset. I have tried researching to find any possible solution to being able to run 4.01 popsloader on it, but I basically have come up empty in the solution department. I really want to try to get this to work because my favorite game of all time was Dragon Warrior VII and I need the 4.01 pops to work. The game will run but there are no text boxes and the only way to see them is to use the good ole 4.01 pops (like I used to do on my psp2000 6.20 pro b9) which only crash when I run it. Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated here guys. Thanks in advance!

ulheel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, thanks, I will give it a try then get back to you.

WOW! Just WOW! I can't believe that it worked as flawlessly as it did. I do have one question though. If this works so well do you think I will have any disc switching errors? I know that earlier there were issues with running earlier pops with a multidisc eboot. Again, I can't thank you enough for your help. Thanks FailName!

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW! Just WOW! I can't believe that it worked as flawlessly as it did. I do have one question though. If this works so well do you think I will have any disc switching errors? I know that earlier there were issues with running earlier pops with a multidisc eboot. Again, I can't thank you enough for your help. Thanks FailName!
I don't think so, I didn't have any errors with switching disks. Just change the disks when the game tells you to.

There was this one point where you fight in the arena in Dharma that my game kept freezing in, so I used cwcheat to get past that. I might have been a problem with my game specifically though, since I didn't seem to find anyone else complaining about it when I tried searching google about it.

ulheel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I went ahead and got to Dharma and I did get a lock up, but it actually only happened once, then it worked fine the next time (weird huh?). As far as the disc switching, I have a multi-disc eboot which isn't compatible with 3.52 so I will have to split the other disc onto a separate eboot I guess. How did you do yours? What I mean is are you actually using a multi-disc or do you just use two separate files, 1 for each disc? With good ole 4.01 you can do just about anything but I find that 3.5 doesn't allow for disc switching in the traditional sense. No rush on this, just curious. I am just now finishing the Krage Tree portion so I have a while to go yet.

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as the disc switching, I have a multi-disc eboot which isn't compatible with 3.52 so I will have to split the other disc onto a separate eboot I guess. How did you do yours? What I mean is are you actually using a multi-disc or do you just use two separate files, 1 for each disc? With good ole 4.01 you can do just about anything but I find that 3.5 doesn't allow for disc switching in the traditional sense.
I used a multidisk eboot as well, and was only able to switch disks when prompted by the game, such as after finishing disk 1 or loading a disk 1 save in disk 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt