Hacking Guide to: Converting PS1 games for PSP

Poopington

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
I found a site that has alot of homemade ones.
http://forums.qj.net/psp-themes-mods-media...unds-icons.html
I dont know if then have a roms section but hey ill post it till i get in trouble.
noice, thanks

And yeah, thanks for the guide, Jamstruth; it is a good one. I had a peculiar position, though, in that my roms came from a redump, and were organized into bins and cues. Multitrack bins. It took me a while to figure out to mount the cue on a virtual drive and then reimage it. I'm mostly just posting this in case anybody else ever has the same problem and is equally crappy at solving it.

Zalda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i can't seem to find the eboot file on my psp. I've placed it in the game folder, the game150 folder, the game5xx folder and the ISO folder, but it never shows up on my PSP
frown.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to leave the EBOOT in the folder that it comes out of the converter in (the folder with it's game ID number). That's how the PSP identifies it.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
You may also wish to change this for compatibility reasons. (Check Here to check whether your game has any compatibility issues

That link is now dead, I don't know if Gamerpress has gone down completely or not (I presume it has as it's inaccessible for me). We USED to have a comprehensive list on the GBAtemp Wiki, and also a thread for it but I think it has since been removed for some bizarre reason (the Wiki list, not sure if the thread has gone too). I'll try searching for the thread again, but I can't find the wiki page at all.

EDIT:- it appears the thread to go with the list has also long been lost.

EDIT2:-

You just had the web address marginally wrong (I'm not sure what's up with google either it's throwing my bad messages trying to get to gamerpress by google searching).

Here is the correct web address:- Gamerpress Popsloader compatability

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
slayerdx said:
so how do i push the r2 and l2 buttons? as the PSP does not seem to have those options
The Default is that Left and Right on the Analog Stick perform those actions (I'm sure you can figure out which is which). These options can be changed in the Home menu for games that require L2 and R2 more.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's because it's far too big. If the total size of the pics and at3 is over 500kb you won't get any sound.

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the great guide.
This was working with 5.50 Gen-D3, but it seems that 6.20+ CFW don't support POPS/custom PSX eboots, so anything other than PSN PSX dumps won't work.

Unless anyone has any other info and can correct me...

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
PRO B5, B6, and B7 all should have custom POPS support.

I have 6.20 PRO B7 and it's been really bugging me trying to get it to work.
Custom Eboots for Silent Hill (black screen) and Tales of Phantasia (crash) didn't work... I haven't tried any others, but they were both converted using this guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended