Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, it makes no difference whatsoever in the grand scheme of things. Just pick whichever looks best to you (most people choose 720p for 2D games, 1080i for 3D games). Just note that Vita games run in 960x544p, so the Vita TV is just upscaling them to 720p/1080i and it's not native.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it looks better if I downsample to 480p.... I'll try that out later.

I think I got a faulty controller. It doesn't stay synced to the system unless plugged in, and the thumbsticks do not work. Damn it. What do you think, @Tom Bombadildo? Is there a fix, or should I just return it? Should I stick with Sony brand, or is there a third-party controller you recommend?

EDIT: Paired my old black PS3 controller, which works fine, and back to the silver one, which now has working thumb sticks. But it won't stay connected. Even though it's fully charged. Grrr.

Ya know what, I think I'll just exchange it for a Steam card or something.

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, I bought my vita second hand as a bundle with a bunch of games that came with a second memory card. It seems now out of the 2 memory cards that I had filled with games only 1 as them and want to use my now empty card for backups. Can I do so without having the other guys account affected. Like I don't know if I go and turn the wifi on the Vita if it'll update my system when I'm trying to online to download henkaku. My Vita is on 3.36

D

Deleted User

OP
I have a question, I bought my vita second hand as a bundle with a bunch of games that came with a second memory card. It seems now out of the 2 memory cards that I had filled with games only 1 as them and want to use my now empty card for backups. Can I do so without having the other guys account affected. Like I don't know if I go and turn the wifi on the Vita if it'll update my system when I'm trying to online to download henkaku. My Vita is on 3.36
You can't install HENkaku on 3.36; you'll need to update to 3.60 to be able to run it. Only then as well, you will be able to run Vita backups on your system. 3.36 only allows PSP/PS1 backups.

After you're on 3.60, you can install and use a homebrew called Account Switcher, which will allow you to swap between both memory cards and accounts at will, preventing the need to format the card before using it, after a reboot.

Also, as a side-note, the Vita does not auto-update. (although I have heard it might occasionally try to download the update file in the background? But you can easily delete it if you're on 3.60 nevertheless)
It doesn't ever officially begin the update without you clicking 'agree' to the very long license agreement anyway...

Khasho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I want to confirm it, so I need 3.6 or lower firmware which will good enough to run PSP and vita backups

Sent from my Fire Phone using Tapatalk

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Also, as a side-note, the Vita does not auto-update. (although I have heard it might occasionally try to download the update file in the background? But you can easily delete it if you're on 3.60 nevertheless)
It doesn't ever officially begin the update without you clicking 'agree' to the very long license agreement anyway...
It will only auto-download updates if you have the "Auto Start Settings->Download Update File for System Software" setting enabled.

But as mentioned, input is required for the Vita to update, it will never do so on its own.

Reactions: Deleted User

hitosura999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello guys, i need some help
i have vita pch-2000 on 2.50
i want to update to 3.60 . iam using this guide http://wololo.net/2016/08/09/manually-update-ps-vita-firmware-3-60/
i cant update using dns coz it always give me update 3.63 so i try update manual offline
when i using qcma,browse update /web content it show me nothing
but i already copy my PSP2UPDAT.PUP & psp2-updatelist.xml ( edit it "jp")
in document/psv updates ( is this normal?)
when i update using pc
it give me error c3-9440-7

pliss help me...sorry my english is bad

D

Deleted User

OP
hello guys, i need some help
i have vita pch-2000 on 2.50
i want to update to 3.60 . iam using this guide http://wololo.net/2016/08/09/manually-update-ps-vita-firmware-3-60/
i cant update using dns coz it always give me update 3.63 so i try update manual offline
when i using qcma,browse update /web content it show me nothing
but i already copy my PSP2UPDAT.PUP & psp2-updatelist.xml ( edit it "jp")
in document/psv updates ( is this normal?)
when i update using pc
it give me error c3-9440-7

pliss help me...sorry my english is bad
Have you attempted setting up HENkaku Update Server instead?
http://wololo.net/2016/12/03/henkaku-update-server-easy-way-update-ps-vita-fw-3-60/

It's as easy as changing your DNS settings to 212.47.229.76, and you should be good to update to 3.60.

Last edited by ,

Lemmingz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's very strange, the update server worked fine for me, just follow the guide on wololo step by step & it went how it should

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try changing the secondary dns server to: 13.55.12.77 . this is a backup server in case the primary dns is overloaded. I'm not sure how well that's known...yet. ;)

hitosura999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
try changing the secondary dns server to: 13.55.12.77 . this is a backup server in case the primary dns is overloaded. I'm not sure how well that's known...yet. ;)
It still didn't work...... i am watching utube so i think my setting is right, maybe in my case this method didn't work T.T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi