• Start date
  • Views 698,724
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've never dumped any games before and as Vitamin seems to be on the way out I'm keen to try MaiTool. Is it as simple as putting the cartridge in, starting mai and then choosing the first option? What about updates?

i believe you can do updates too using maitool but i havent really tried since vitamin works great for me.

are you using the english translated version of maitool?

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
i believe you can do updates too using maitool but i havent really tried since vitamin works great for me.

are you using the english translated version of maitool?
I'll maybe give that a go if I can't find a noob proof guide! I have the latest eng version of Maitool.

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
i just inserted my uncharted golden abyss cartridge then installed the update, loaded maitool and hit circle on "Extract, decrypt game" then hit circle on uncharted then hit circle on "Extract game patch and eboot (including suprx)" to dump the game update and to dump the actual cartridge you click "Extract the game and decypt eboot (incl. suprx)"

i now have a PCSF00001_patch folder in /ux0:/mai/ i didnt dump the actual cartridge because i already have a dump of it.

Last edited by RazorX2014,

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
i just inserted my uncharted golden abyss cartridge then installed the update, loaded maitool and hit circle on "Extract, decrypt game" then hit circle on uncharted then hit circle on "Extract game patch and eboot (including suprx)" to dump the game update and to dump the actual cartridge you click "Extract the game and decypt eboot (incl. suprx)"
That's great! It sounds simple enough even for an idiot like me to use! Have a good night!

Dynel81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just turned my vita off since it displayed an error and now all the game icons for the games and apps (aside mollecular shell and vitamin shell) are gone. How can I bring them back? I have tried turning the vita off and on and they are still gone. Moreover, when I restart, I can't access mollecular shell right away, I need to go to browser and re install henkaku. Is there something wrong?

nvm. fixed it by re inserting the memory card when vita was on, to make it update the database...

Last edited by Dynel81,

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question re MaiDumpTool if anyone can help? I want to dump a digital game but as I have a lot of games on my memory card only the first 12 show up to be able to dump? Is there a way to get your other games to show up? Ami doing something stupid and the answer is incredibly obvious? (probably!)
Any advice appreciated!

Dynel81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed FFX HD on the Vita with maidump but, the game freezes near the end of the (lengthy) intro. tried twice, same thing. is there a way to get around this? I didn't wanted to grab any savegame since the game has a lot of unskippable cutscences that may end up the same. (I have played it on Ps2 and Ps3, so, I know about it)

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Everything can be done on the PSTV?
I know there are some games that dont work even after the Whitelist trick
But every recently released hack for the Vita work on the PSTV

I might buy a PSTV

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello i have abig problem with qcma on ubuntu when i try to transfer vpk games on savedata psp folder my pc disconnect every time any help ? i have the 3.12 version for linux

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone had made a homebrew directory that lets you download packages that can then be inserted into official PSP games, letting you access PSP emulators on your Vita without going to the VHBL menu. Problem is, it hasn't been working too well lately; my suspicion is that his server died.

I was wondering if there was any way to do this manually. I've got several digital PSP games I could use, and tons of emulators I could inject, but is there a specific trick to doing this? You can't just dump the emulator files into the official game's folder using Vota Shell, can you? Please explain what I'd need to do... I'd appreciate the help!

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to install an update for a game from a different region? I have a EUR vita and I know it can play US games but does that include their updates installed via Mai?

Appreciate any advice!

UncleHeffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question, but does Henkaku come with Vitamin?

I already installed a game and it works, but I never installed Vitamin.

Is VitaShell Vitamin?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Dumb question, but does Henkaku come with Vitamin?

I already installed a game and it works, but I never installed Vitamin.

Is VitaShell Vitamin?

vitashell is a part of henkaku installer i think, it turns into the molecule bubble.
and the molecule bubble is vitashell, you have to relaunch henkaku on every boot to get the molecule(vitashell) and your backups working again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: What the heck is that emote SylverReZ using?