D

Deleted User

OP

TayTayTheKiller

Forever noob
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm at a loss here :( I've been trying to get TN-V installed on my vita 3.18 using the email exploit and no matter what I do I can not figure it out.

If I follow the guide here everything goes ok until the opening the email with attachment #0, instead of it having the name #0 under the attachment after running the mail exploit first it comes up with the name "done" instead. I have also tried mail write program from https://github.com/tomtomdu80/VitaMailWriter/releases and it all seems to work on the vita due to it acting the same way as the mail exploit but when I try to copy it to pc and back its still the same psp game.

Edit

Managed to sort it by using my 3.60 slim to ftp the PBOOT into the games folder and then transferd it to pc then back to my 3.18 phat vita :)

Last edited by TayTayTheKiller,

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thanks, but I've got a PSTV, and there is no way to manually link it to the PS3 that I can see. Can I use the qCMA with a PSTV?
You can connect to the PS3 normally with Wireless mode while using VitaUpdateBlocker. I have a PSTV and I do so. There's no file size limit too

Reactions: cvskid
D

Deleted User

OP
Not even with HENKaku?
Nope. I would imagine the only way to get PSM Dev (Unity) back is by downgrading to 3.51 or lower, which wouldn't be very reliable anyway since HENkaku won't be supporting any other firmwares than 3.60 anytime soon.

It's probably a hard-coded feature in the Vita to block PSM Dev (Unity) from 3.52 onwards, so it may take time to crack, even when we get full access to the system.

smokemonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I currently have a Vita running Henkaku, and I just ordered a demo unit (running firmware 1.51). Could someone please walk me through the steps that I should follow to get it to 3.60?

As far as I understand it will be:
1. Manually update it to 3.60 like a normal Vita
2. Install Henkaku (does it have to be offline?)
3. Install idu-mode to switch it to retail

Will this permanently put it in to retail mode? That is my goal if possible.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I currently have a Vita running Henkaku, and I just ordered a demo unit (running firmware 1.51). Could someone please walk me through the steps that I should follow to get it to 3.60?

As far as I understand it will be:
1. Manually update it to 3.60 like a normal Vita
2. Install Henkaku (does it have to be offline?)
3. Install idu-mode to switch it to retail

Will this permanently put it in to retail mode? That is my goal if possible.
Yeah, that should work, but you'll need to filter your internet connection to keep away the updates while you do the initial henkaku install and mode switch. After that, you can disable updates and all that.

Reactions: smokemonster

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Total n00b.. Is there any truth to this article <snip> that says I can run it on 3.61? Or is there no way to run anything? Thanks

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed scam link -rp
D

Deleted User

OP
Total n00b.. Is there any truth to this article -snip- that says I can run it on 3.61? Or is there no way to run anything? Thanks
Nope. That is completely fake, and they are also known for plaigarising wololo.net's articles as well.

Reactions: LuigiXL

smokemonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that should work, but you'll need to filter your internet connection to keep away the updates while you do the initial henkaku install and mode switch. After that, you can disable updates and all that.
Thanks so much for confirming! I really needed the assurance before I felt comfortable doing it :D

I was able to update my kiosk to 3.60, install Henkaku, and permanently switch it to retail mode. This allowed me to buy a $75/shipped brand-new kiosk model on eBay. A huge upgrade from my beaten up old craigslist vita.

I want to reiterate something for anyone considering this: do not attempt this if you don't understand how to control your internet access. A kiosk/demo model Vita is different from retail in that it will update the firmware automatically at every boot. That is a forced update and the only way to stop it is to boot with your wifi completely disabled. You also only have 5 minutes between automatic power-downs, so relying on your memory to disable the Vita's wifi setting is not safe. The safest way is to physically unplug your router whenever you boot up a Kiosk model.

Last edited by smokemonster,

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi, now that 3.61 has been released.
Is there any way to update from x version to 3.60 specifically?
I saw a thread in Wololo but the version are only up to 3.51.

smokemonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
God I feel like an idiot for having to ask this, but what folder do you put new lock screen backgrounds into? Is it just a matter of copying the correct format PNGs to a specific place, or does it require the content manager?

JFalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
I've not turned my pstv on in about a week. Learned there is a new update out and need to know what I should do to keep from updating.

Blue24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a broken vita for 10 bucks because the screen broke i fixed it myself to see what version its on and its 2.61. Should i just manually update to 3.60 then?

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goodness Goodness. So having firmware 3.60 means I'm more screwed than a baby with no bottle, eh? My system just asked me to update so I was thinking there was a new firmware out past 3.60, and maybe that if there was, then someone would have cracked 3.60 by now.

D

Deleted User

OP

PoLoMoTo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to sign into my gmail on my vita but I keep getting the error C2-14393-0, what does this mean? My Vita is on 3.35, the gmail was just created for this purpose, and my Yahoo/Verizon email does not work either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: