• Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok in that case it should be activated as far as i know.... I used to use it a lot and have downloaded stuff from psn to the memory card and played it.

Is there a tutorial link for setting up charles anywhere?

D

Deleted User

OP
Ok in that case it should be activated as far as i know.... I used to use it a lot and have downloaded stuff from psn to the memory card and played it.

Is there a tutorial link for setting up charles anywhere?
http://www.charlesproxy.com/download/

^ Get the free version from here. (There's a half-hour time limit in every session of Charles you open up).

When you install it, just set up a proxy on your Vita [Settings] -> Network and Internet -> *your access point* -> Advanced Settings -> Proxy -> Use, and set the IP address as your PC's IP address, and set the port to 8888 (Charles' default port).

Now Charles should catch all network activity on your Vita.

The_Goss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Vita has henceforth been infused with your and the rest of this dandy community's magic, Mr. Studios. I am now happily VHBL'd and will be TN-V'd later this week as well.

My personal problems, if only so I can help those who are entering this task at this very moment:

1. Don't use a mini.
I didn't have any PSP games to make bubbles out of, so naturally I purchased a cheap mini game to use. Well, it didn't work so I went back and purchased Assassin's Creed Bloodlines and that worked a peach! I just used my PS3 to transfer the game and it was fine.

2. Don't use the Vita Email Hacker for the initial setup.
It did work fine for the rest of the way, though. I would go with Voxel's advice and just use thunderbird. That worked great!

I do have a few questions!...

1. Can I update to something like 3.18 without losing VHBL?
2. Will... I always have VHBL regardless of what I update to?

Last edited by The_Goss,
D

Deleted User

OP
1. Can I update to something like 3.18 without losing VHBL?
2. Will... I always have VHBL regardless of what I update to?
1. Yep.
2. I think so. VHBL will work all the way up to 3.57, but it's not recommended to update to 3.57 anyway, unless you want to lose TN-V and ARK access for the time being. (TheFlow currently has a 3.57 kernel exploit allowing TN-V and ARK on 3.57 again, but he's keeping hold of it until it's patched.)

Better to stay on 3.18 anyway, since you can do nearly all the known Vita hacks on that firmware.

Reactions: The_Goss

The_Goss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better to stay on 3.18 anyway, since you can do nearly all the known Vita hacks on that firmware.

Ah, I see. I recently purchased Disgaea 4 from a store around town and saw that the game shipped with the 3.15 update so I'm there now. I did see a post from you on this forum with links to different firmwares in an online drive.

I saw them, downloaded 3.18 and really... had no idea what to do from that point. Should I just push the .zip file through QCMA? How do they work?

Last edited by The_Goss,
D

Deleted User

OP
Ah, I see. I recently purchased Disgaea 4 from a store around town and I updated to 3.15 so I'm there now. I did see a post from you on this forum with links to different firmwares in an online drive.

I saw them, downloaded 3.18 and really... had no idea what to do from that point. Should I just push the .zip file through QCMA? How do they work?
It would be pointless updating from 3.15 to 3.18 because there's only a tiny, harmless amount of behind-the-scenes modifications that don't really affect any exploits...

The_Goss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be pointless updating from 3.15 to 3.18 because there's only a tiny, harmless amount of behind-the-scenes modifications that don't really affect any exploits...

Well alright. Thank you for the info! I suppose I'm up for CFW now considering 3.15 seems to be rejuvenate-able. The Vita seems to have replaced my old PSP2000 just about. It's got the emulators taken care of.

About downloading games, though. If I hit up my PS3 and download a Vita title (3.15-3.18 or earlier FW of course), can I transfer it to my vita using my PS3? Would the title prompt me to update to the newest firmware because it was purchased from PSN or would it even matter?

Last edited by The_Goss,
D

Deleted User

OP
I suppose I'm up for CFW now considering 3.15 seems to be rejuvenate-able.
There's no native CFW for the Vita using Rejuvenate yet. :^(

About downloading games, though. If I hit up my PS3 and download a Vita title (3.15-3.18 or earlier FW of course), can I transfer it to my vita using my PS3? Would the title prompt me to update to the newest firmware because it was purchased from PSN or would it even matter?
There's a QCMA USB swap trick that allows you to bypass the update nag when connecting to your PS3. The method is in my guide.
Transferring content from your PS3 while having the same PSN account linked to both devices also activates the Vita in the process. :)

The_Goss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no native CFW for the Vita using Rejuvenate yet. :^(

There's a QCMA USB swap trick that allows you to bypass the update nag when connecting to your PS3. The method is in my guide.
Transferring content from your PS3 while having the same PSN account linked to both devices also activates the Vita in the process. :)

I have indeed done that when I moved Assassin's Creed Bloodlines to my vita to use as a bubble for V-HBL. Thanks for the tip on the usb swap for moving vita games, though.

Reactions: Deleted User

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not use Vita Email Hacker anymore! I really need to edit the tutorial a bit... It's not reliable anymore and it's because of the fact that it just names the attachment as "mail.db" and not as "\..\..\..\email\message\mail.db" like you correctly pointed out... (@RazorX2014, think you could do some tweaking to your app plz? I was really fond of your app for a while, but it's turning out to be a bit of a pickle for the newbies in later versions of that program now... :unsure:)

What you can do is install and set up Thunderbird, forward this .eml file through Thunderbird without modifying anything except for the recipient, which will be yourself, of course. And when you click the forwarded attachment on your Vita, now it should hopefully work! :)

Hey man, I'm trying to mod my Vita after fully modding my 3DS as a new project. However, when I forward the file you linked with Thunderbird, it still brings up the "file is not compatible" error. I'm on firmware 3.15, if that helps.

D

Deleted User

OP
Hey man, I'm trying to mod my Vita after fully modding my 3DS as a new project. However, when I forward the file you linked with Thunderbird, it still brings up the "file is not compatible" error. I'm on firmware 3.15, if that helps.
Try this one below. I think I'll stop saying that the hackinformer.com's writer.eml works. :(

Attachments

• forward-the-zipped-email-to-your-email-account.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 104
D

Deleted User

OP
I tried both sending the .zip file itself and the writer.eml in it and both brought up the compatibility error.
I have a feeling it could be user error then, as I have tried it just now and it works like a charm for me. :unsure:

What steps are you taking?

1) Click on writer.eml from your OS's file explorer. Thunderbird should bring up a preview of the email

2) Click on forward.

3) Only touch the recipient box. enter your Vita's email address into the recipient box, and while you're there, also make sure that the sender box is the email address you set up Thunderbird with.

4) Just click send.

5) Now try opening the attachment on the Vita and see if it works.

^ are these the steps you took?

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling it could be user error then, as I have tried it just now and it works like a charm for me. :unsure:

What steps are you taking?

1) Click on writer.eml from your OS's file explorer. Thunderbird should bring up a preview of the email

2) Click on forward.

3) Only touch the recipient box. enter your Vita's email address into the recipient box, and while you're there, also make sure that the sender box is the email address you set up Thunderbird with.

4) Just click send.

5) Now try opening the attachment on the Vita and see if it works.

^ are these the steps you took?
OH, you have to open the file and then send it. I'm dumb :facepalm:. Thank you!

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NP. I hope it works for you this time! :P
Well, it worked for me...but I can't get VHBL to inject into Sonic Rivals (ID is ULUS10195, I checked). I emailed the PBOOT.PBP with this setup http://i.imgur.com/AEmpVu7.png, transfered the VHBL save from the PC to the Vita, opened the #0 file in the email, it brought up "An error has occured", rebuilt the database...and Sonic Rivals is still normal. I'm not sure what I did wrong...

D

Deleted User

OP
Well, it worked for me...but I can't get VHBL to inject into Sonic Rivals (ID is ULUS10195, I checked). I emailed the PBOOT.PBP with this setup http://i.imgur.com/AEmpVu7.png, transfered the VHBL save from the PC to the Vita, opened the #0 file in the email, it brought up "An error has occured", rebuilt the database...and Sonic Rivals is still normal. I'm not sure what I did wrong...
This is why Vita Email Hacker isn't the best anymore. ;)

I would hang on, because I'm editing out all the V.E.H. Steps and replacing them with Thunderbird and Gmail methods as we speak. :)

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why Vita Email Hacker isn't the best anymore. ;)

I would hang on, because I'm editing out all the V.E.H. Steps and replacing them with Thunderbird and Gmail methods as we speak. :)
Oh hey, I tried a different PSP game and it worked! I have no idea why Sega Genesis collection worked and Rivals didn't, but whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted User

OP
Oh hey, I tried a different PSP game and it worked! I have no idea why Sega Genesis collection worked and Rivals didn't, but whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I injected TN-V into Sonic Rivals 2... I've never had the email exploit fail on me before, unless I made a silly error before-hand. :wink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1