• Replies 340
  • Likes 69

mmn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait...will 6.0+ retail carts work fine in a 9.4 emuNAND in classic mode even if the sysNAND is 4.x? If so, I don't see any downside to downgrading.
The cart will work fine, but any saves you made before downgrading won't.
I'm confused, do BigBlueMenu / SaveDataFiler / etc. work on >9.0? What does work on >9.0?
Sure, they work. If your save won't load, though, savedatafiler can't do anything to help you.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, all my unlocked characters, challenges and stages are there. And I just bought a new trophy and changed my controls and it was saved immediately. And after a reboot of the 3DS and the game everything's still there as I left it.

Do you think CIA saves are share-able? I've been looking everywhere for an answer because I sacrificed my smash bros save so I can download downgrade lol. Do you mind sending me your ssb save so I can try it out? I have no idea if cia's use a special type of header or the system's unique ID, but I have a feeling it might not work..

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think CIA saves are share-able? I've been looking everywhere for an answer because I sacrificed my smash bros save so I can download lol. Do you mind sending me your ssb save so I can try it out? I have no idea if cia's use a special type of header or the system's unique ID, but I have a feeling it might not work..
You did what? Sacraficed a save so you could download? :unsure:

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OK, I've read through this guide so many times I've lost count, but i still can't figure out why my savedatafiler installed inside Palatine "CFW" always reads as -- Broken -- when my US alpha sapphire is inserted into my AUS 3DS.

Is it a region problem or? I would really like to read/write to my cart.....

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK, I've read through this guide so many times I've lost count, but i still can't figure out why my savedatafiler installed inside Palatine "CFW" always reads as -- Broken -- when my US alpha sapphire is inserted into my AUS 3DS.

Is it a region problem or? I would really like to read/write to my cart.....

You have started the game a saved onceat least? XD

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You have started the game a saved onceat least? XD

Yes, definitely has a saved game. Just tried AUS pokemon X also, still says -- broken -- But when I put my AUS donkey kong cart (CARD 1) I can miraculously extract the save data.

It mustn't work at all for CARD 2 games, i guess.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And why formatting want forced a internet connection??
For some lame ass reason Nintendo added the check to the firmware, but it doesn't update. I understand you would be skeptical so I suggest you search around this forum for other posts to confirm.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For some lame ass reason Nintendo added the check to the firmware, but it doesn't update. I understand you would be skeptical so I suggest you search around this forum for other posts to confirm.

it's because of the NNID I believe. when you format the system, it unlinks your NNID. that's why the console needs to "talk" to Nintendo's servers

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Can a card2 cartridge dump be decrypted, extract the save data, decrypt an eshop CIA, replace the save data and repack the CIA?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can a card2 cartridge dump be decrypted, extract the save data, decrypt an eshop CIA, replace the save data and repack the CIA?

No. You don't need to decrypt the dump to extract the save. You simply might not be able to extract it depending on the save encryption.
And the CIA doesn't store the save data inside itself. It's saved in the console's system folder in the SD card. So decrypting and repacking a CIA would be pointless too

I don't think I'm wrong but I'm sure someone will correct me if I said something wrong.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Assuming you're not in a situation where you played this dump on a system with 6.x sysnand or higher, and then downgraded to 4.x, you should just be able to use SaveDataFiler to extract your save in Gateway Mode. Just make sure the game is "inserted" on the home screen (i.e. press select and pick your card2 game), then start SDF, and it should show up as the CTR Card on the User tab. It worked for me for Pokémon Y several days ago.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Assuming you're not in a situation where you played this dump on a system with 6.x sysnand or higher, and then downgraded to 4.x, you should just be able to use SaveDataFiler to extract your save in Gateway Mode. Just make sure the game is "inserted" on the home screen (i.e. press select and pick your card2 game), then start SDF, and it should show up as the CTR Card on the User tab. It worked for me for Pokémon Y several days ago.

I tried before but it says: CTR Card -- broken --
I tried pressing Y while that was selected but nothing happened

What am I doing wrong?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I tried before but it says: CTR Card -- broken --
I tried pressing Y while that was selected but nothing happened

What am I doing wrong?

You might need to rename your ROM to .3dz instead of .3ds as well. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I don't know if it works with every card 2 game, but it worked for Pokémon..

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Hi not sure if it fit in here.
I have tried to extract my 3ds Gateway card Pokemon Y game and inject it in my cia Version (created with that rom, dumpt from my original Card - orginal Card save is lost ok that I know).
When I try to start the cia version, it says something like the savedate don't fit the last savestate!? is there a way how i can fix it?
The save reinjection in the gateway card worked well. should i have to extract more than the main?

regards
sweatbox

Edit: ok ok after 4 hours of tortureing search engines it should work with the Save Data Transfer Tool. Will test it later, when i got my 3ds back ^^

Edit2: Save Data Transfer Tool doesnt helped. But here's you can find the solution from daxtsu

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You might need to rename your ROM to .3dz instead of .3ds as well. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I don't know if it works with every card 2 game, but it worked for Pokémon..

it depends on the encryption used by the save. doesn't matter if it's pokemon or any other card 2 game. if the encryption is more recent, savedatafiler can't read it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended