Country
United States
modmiialt2.png

Reactions: 2 people

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, Yu Gi is compatible with PAL now? Cool.

Not that I have the game, I use IndyPwns, but still good to know.

EDIT: I just read that Vah is a modified version of OWNED, which was for PAL anyway...?
blink.gif
Okay then.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Interesting guide Mauifrog, good job. I'd like to see you do a universal unbricking guide -- I know you've done you fair share of it and I don't see one stickied.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
Interesting guide Mauifrog, good job. I'd like to see you do a universal unbricking guide -- I know you've done you fair share of it and I don't see one stickied.
If I find that time I will work on something like that, if I can think of a good way to organize all the info that would have to go into it.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL, somehow I missed "New wiis, old wiis, virgin wiis or your favorite slutty wii."

Reminds me of Pune's Pussieloader..."step 1: remove disc from Wiigina"

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This guide has been updated-

Changed cos247, 248, 250 to v21d2x3 versions
Replaced loadmii channel with a backup version of HBC 1.03
Patched SM to 4.1 v544##
Updated to priiloader v0.6
Added hack_hash.ini for sm 4.1 v544##
Removed "Optional" from SM install -its still optional, but recommened
Removed all AHBPROT from all meta.xml- except the optional ios236 installer
Revised region change method- simpler
Updated cfgloader channel, forwarded, app
Split batch wad installs into separat folders to allow better user monitoring for failed wad install.

As always, compatible with all wiis SM 1.0-4.3 u/e/j/k

Reactions: 1 person

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who follow this guide, I would like you to know that I have added another layer of protection to the guide. In chapter 2 during batch wad install, the first wad to install will be "!!!IOS60-system-compatibility-test.wad". This is ios60-v6174 installed in ios slot 236, after install MMM will reload to iso236 (ios60-v6174) and install 1OS236.wad. 1OS236 is ios36 patched to slot 236, after it is install MMM will reload ios236 again. What this does is test ios60-v6174 for system functionality before proceeding with the system modification. It is extremely unlikely that this will ever serve any purpose, however it is possible that Nintendo could produce new wii hardware in the future that would not be compatible with ios60-v6174. If that where the case, the installation would freeze at !!!IOS60-system-compatibility-test.wad and prevent further modification to the wii, preventing damage to such a system.

A similar situation happened in the past with softmods using ios30-v1040, this protection will prevent such an issue from happening with ios60-v6174.

This is not an update for your softmod, just a change in the modding process.

DeNguyen

Trophies
XP
For those of you who follow this guide, I would like you to know that I have added another layer of protection to the guide. In chapter 2 during batch wad install, the first wad to install will be "!!!IOS60-system-compatibility-test.wad". This is ios60-v6174 installed in ios slot 236, after install MMM will reload to iso236 (ios60-v6174) and install 1OS236.wad. 1OS236 is ios36 patched to slot 236, after it is install MMM will reload ios236 again. What this does is test ios60-v6174 for system functionality before proceeding with the system modification. It is extremely unlikely that this will ever serve any purpose, however it is possible that Nintendo could produce new wii hardware in the future that would not be compatible with ios60-v6174. If that where the case, the installation would freeze at !!!IOS60-system-compatibility-test.wad and prevent further modification to the wii, preventing damage to such a system.

A similar situation happened in the past with softmods using ios30-v1040, this protection will prevent such an issue from happening with ios60-v6174.

thanks for your guide. I was able to do all listed out in the guide. However, I just cant figure out how to install Wiiflow and uloader after this set up. Any help?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

thanks for your guide. I was able to do all listed out in the guide. However, I just cant figure out how to install Wiiflow and uloader after this set up. Any help?
You would install those to your sd card or HHD, they would be in /apps/wiiflow/boot.dol , etc. Just put the files on your sd card and load the app from HBC.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Update 12/8/2011

CIOS-PACK-v5

Cios updated to d2x7 final, all bases
IOS245- d2x7 final base 55
IOS246- d2x7 final base 53
IOS247- d2x7 final base 37
IOS248- d2x7 final base 56
IOS249- d2x7 final base 38
IOS250- d2x7 final base 57
IOS251- d2x7 final base 58

IOS202 updated to 5.1r rodries mod base 60
IOS224 updated to 5.1r rodries mod base 57

Mothballed channels-
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v9 -mothballed
Neogamma CHANNEL r8 Auto Mod-NEOG- mothballed
These can be uninstalled- http://mediafire.com/?9g2dy6ken9hupl9

New Channels-
USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL -supports a variety of usbloads, cfg, usbloader gx, wiiflow, ect
NeoGamma R9 Beta 52 - NGBT.wad -latest beta, no autobooting enabled

Prilloader v0.6 replaced with priiloader 0.7 236mod

App pack updated

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you really need anything more than the following assuming you are on 4.3x?
Update 12/8/2011
Cios updated to d2x7 final, all bases
IOS248- d2x7 final base 56
IOS250- d2x7 final base 57
IOS224 updated to 5.1r rodries mod base 57
To get that all you need is install HBC, preloader, Trucha in IOS 236 and a decent wad manager for pirated wads.

I am not arguing with you, when I modded my wii, ~2 years ago, I used your guide or dogeggs one on wiihacks, did not know about gbatemp back then. Your guide is well writeen.

I don't play wii games, other than just dance stuff.

Starman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there Mauifrog

I want to follow your guide as I have had problems using another guide (basically, after ripping, when you play the file you are booted back to the HB channel) but when I click your links I go to the LinkBucks site but other than the banner nothing happens?? No download!

Is there something I should do?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Is there something I should do?
Yeah, just use modmii.
I'm shocked that mauifrog (a rather good person) is still bothering to push out his own guide that is rather horribly written. I've got respect for the man, but this hacking guide is a joke of randomly formatted texts. It is hard on my eyes to follow it because of the overly formatting that is done. I wiSh this was just closed especially that there are a few other guides that provide so much more.

No disrespect to mauifrog, because I love the man, but this guide is garbage compared to modmii and should not exist.

But, lets not forget the fact that this is nearly ever looked at, but only when some BS update is made to it. I still have yet to read of anyone that took their time with this instead of modmii. This is just a waste of a thread and a call for attention in all reality. Even pimpmywii has not tried this hard, and that fails even more than this guide. Sorry, but reality can hurt a little.

I love you man, but this is pointless and really needs to go away.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love you to, but this guide as new failed and FYI has most likely hacked more wiis than modmii. 3million reads to modmii 2million.

When I find the time I will try to fix the issue with your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.