[Guide] Noob guide to Wii U hacking

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Kafluke, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Aardeee

Aardeee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2017
    Netherlands
    I get this error immediatly when I try to install the game; 'LEGO_ UNDERCOVER [0005000010101800] Confirm complete WUP files are in the folder.' (The 8 in the numbercode could be a B either. ) I get this error with all lego games, and all just dance games. But with other games, it works perfectly like Mario games, Donkey Kong games.

Last edited by Aardeee, Jan 1, 2018
  2. Aardeee

Aardeee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2017
    Netherlands
    -

Last edited by Aardeee, Jan 2, 2018
  3. Aardeee

Aardeee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2017
    Netherlands

Last edited by Aardeee, Jan 8, 2018
  4. Tomassi

Tomassi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Guys, does anyone know if I can play ANY Wii game on my Wii U by downloading an ISO and injecting it? I've tried a couple (Wii Sports and Wii Party) that went to black screen. Is that because I have PAL and they were NTSC region downloads, or because they weren't originally Wii VC games? Is it only Wii games released on VC for Wii U that I can play injected versions? Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but it doesn't to me either!

5. Tomassi

Tomassi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Hi Cyan, thanks for your help pre-Xmas. I think I'm pretty much set up now and starting to get my head around a lot of this. The one thing that I'm having trouble with and am still a bit confused about is the Wii U VC stuff. I was downloading some Wii ISO's and using WiiVC Injector as you said but a couple of the games (Wii Sport and Wii Party) went to black screen and froze when I tried them. I tried Punch Out and Mario Striker Charged and they both worked fine. Do you know why the other games wouldn't work? Does it depend on region (I'm PAL)? Or can I only play games that were released on Wii U VC, via that method? I was hoping I would literally be able to download any Wii ISO possible and play it via just one USB with all my other Wii U games, without getting into the vWii stuff? Or did I misunderstand that part?

6. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    I have 3 32GB SD. Gonna install couple of games. Can i take out my SD on the homebrew launcher menu, put the other SD and install the games via WUP? What i dont want is having to enter homebrew every time i have to change SD cards.

7. Bonestorm

Bonestorm GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    is this still the best update to date guide for wii u hacking??

8. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yes. It's checked for updates almost every day. Look at the text red right at the beginning of the OP

9. Fil o_O

Fil o_O GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I modded my Wii U some time ago with cold boot haxchi. I didn't update to the latest firmware, but would like to do so now, as I consider it somewhat incomplete and I also don't think that Nintendo will release another update for the console.

So could I just uninstall CBHC, update and reinstall? Will unsinstalling it also remove the 99.99 fw spoof?

10. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You don't need to uninstall CBHC first. Just update and it will be fine

Fil o_O likes this.
  11. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    sorry, I don't know why.
    I don't use wiiu vc myself. you could ask in the wiiuvc script injector thread, or look at the wiiu vc compatibility list on the wiki.

12. Aardeee

Aardeee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2017
    Netherlands
    Just dance works now, but I get a new error with the lego games: Veryfying WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-shop require Sig Patch.
    I aslso get this error now often when trying to install something: Exception Type in DSI occured! And a lot of numbers.

13. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    Gonna install some games from my SD with wup installer. What format should my sd have? What buffer size?

14. 1alien1

1alien1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2013
    Gambia, The
    is there i title limit similar to the 3ds ?

15. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Use GUI Format, it's a program to format storage devices.

Format your SD Card to FAT32, with either 32k or 64k cluster size.

alexj9626 likes this.
  16. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yes 300

17. Kate0012

Kate0012 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2017
    Canada
    A small update/test:

Primary DNS = 168.235.92.108 and Secondary DSN = 81.4.127.20 still work and worked on JP consoles. Trying to upgrade from 5.5.0 to the newest firmware on my JP Wii U gives an error(was actively looking for a way to upgrade to 5.5.1 but looks like if you're on 5.5.0, the only way is to upgrade to 5.5.2...unless you buy another game disc). Also, I stumbled into this page: http://sumamate.com/diary/2496/

It's a Japanese tutorial and inside, he used "107.211.140.065" (TubeHax DNS) for both the primary and secondary DNS. I tested it myself and what I found out is that this one blocks all communications. You won't even pass the connection test.

Might be useful?

And, Kafluke I kinda feel sorry for you, to see people coming to ask for help but with that kind of shitty attitude. There is so much stuff to read about on homebrew and you cannot possibly type out all the information for every beginner, and his questions were really basic. Just gotta try and find tutorials and videos first.

Last edited by Kate0012, Jan 9, 2018
  18. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Not sure I follow ya. Who was giving me crap?

19. Kate0012

Kate0012 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2017
    Canada
  20. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Ahhh yes, forgot about that thread. User just didn't want to listen. What do you mean "add the deals"?