[Guide] Noob guide to Wii U hacking

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Kafluke, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Oleboy555

Oleboy555 Wie dit leest is een zemmel

Feb 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    whats the difference between mocha cfw and CBHC?

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    that policy might be to reduce risk of virus-infected materials being uploaded. u could always post a link to the github.

3. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    It's all spelled out in the CFW section of the guide

ldeveraux and godreborn like this.
  4. KingHall6100

KingHall6100 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    United States
    I tried to include the link multiple times and each time it gave an error message about spam-like material. I even try to fool it by inserting characters in between the link and that still doesn't work. I finally got the information about 500 post requirement.

I completely understand why they are doing it, its to prevent spam-bots from flooding the site. But their method of preventing spam is short-sighted and LAZY. There are other sites that prevent spam by requiring you to pick the correct picture if you want to insert a link or attachment to your post. Just like when you sign up an account. That's a better method than the 500 post requirement, which is mess up. The 500 post requirement doesn't prevent spam, it just prevent people who wants to contribute once a while to go through obstacles. It has the opposite effect. It'll take me a while to reach 500 because I got better things to do then post, which means I'm unable to contribute during that time ???

5. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I'm not sure what to say. you're right about the likely reason, and u r entitled to your own opinion. maybe u should post in the suggestions forum? https://gbatemp.net/forums/site-discussions-suggestions.3/

6. jjh76

jjh76 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2017
    United States
    Now that I've got haxchi and cbhc installed and working, is it safe to remove the haxchi and cbhc installer folders from the sd card?

7. jimmyj

jimmyj Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    will i brick if I use the brazilian method?

8. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    no.

9. jimmyj

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    thanks

10. KingHall6100

KingHall6100 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    United States
    Here is the link to the new MH3U trainer

https://github.com/KingHall6100/MH3U_v1.0/releases

Make sure to download the text document too. Read the document first before starting the trainer because it contains a lot of useful information.

All suggestions / recommendations are welcome.

godreborn likes this.
  11. KingHall6100

KingHall6100 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    United States
    Thanks Godreborn. I talked to someone from admin and they move my profile to a different category. He also mention the limit is not 500, but 10 post, which is reasonable.

godreborn likes this.
  12. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    yeah, it's probably to prevent spamming. a person might get a couple of spams through before they're banned. I always thought temp could use a few more mods though considering the number of members. maybe they've thought about that. I'd be willing to do that if they ever need a few extra people. ;)

13. Sharl

Sharl Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2008
    United States
    I have barely touched my Wii U since picking it up last year and I have decided that I am bored enough tonight to go through the fun of getting it all opened up.

If I am currently on 5.5.0 and fine with spending a few bucks, should I figure out a way to update to 5.5.1 (but not 5.5.2) for haxchi or is there some sort of magical reason to stay down at 5.5.0?

14. jimmyj

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    ok so now an even weirder thing happened: whenever i try to load hbl on 5.5.1 using loadiine.ovh i either get a white screen or i get a fs failed to mount source

15. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I would suggest you upgrade to 5.5.1, then install Haxchi.

1) Block updates via DNS

2) Get a physical disc game that has the 5.5.1 update on the disc. There are a few games that we know that have the update on the disc, you can search around on the forum, I'm sure you can find a list somewhere. (Off of the top of my head, I know Zelda Breath of the Wild has the 5.5.1 on the disc.)

3) Insert the disc, and it should ask you if you want to install the update.

There is no reason to stay on 5.5.0. Besides, I'm sure most homebrew apps require at least 5.5.1, such as Haxchi and CBHC.

However, Kafluke updated his guide for the 5.5.2 update. So it's really what ever you want to do.

Me personally I would update to 5.5.1, and not update to 5.5.2, until all the bugs have been worked out of the 5.5.1 homebrew.

I've seen a few people that are having trouble with TCPGECKO and connecting with trainers on 5.5.2. But we still don't know for certain what the cause is for these problems. 5.5.2 may not even be the cause, we don't know for sure yet.

It's really up to you. Either way I wouldn't stay on 5.5.0.

16. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Those are both SD card issues

17. Sharl

Sharl Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2008
    United States
    Is there a way to update to 5.5.1 via download + SD card, like we can with 3DS?

18. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    yes.

19. jimmyj

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    How to solve?

20. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    to clarify, u need a legacy edition wup installer to install system titles. then, use nus to download. there's a tutorial on this somewhere on temp. googling it might be better than the inhouse search engine.