[Guide] Move BoTW EUR save to US version without saviine.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by torrentpal, Mar 3, 2017.

1. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    ..not sure if someone can help me out, but when i try to ftp with 'ftpiiu everywhere', i see all the folders but i cant access any other then sd.. i tried with lots of ftp clients, and i'm running a cfw.
    When i try to open a folder, it gives an error and cant have access..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nvm.. was an issue with my cfw..Mocha did the job.

2. Xeonhawk

Xeonhawk GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    Okay so I've done the procedure, transferred everything over but when I boot up BOTW, the game doesn't start at the intro which means there's save data on it, but when I attempt to load up a save they're all blank. I then reboot the game and the save from the beginning remains as if I never deleted it and never did the procedure. Did this multiple times and it acts like I never done it wtf?

It's like anything I do through the FTP client doesn't do anything because every time I load it up again and look through the directories the files that I deleted intact and the files I transferred are not there.

Last edited by Xeonhawk, May 27, 2017
  3. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2015
    United States
    Read the thread before posting about an issue, you'll find other people had the same problem

4. Xeonhawk

Xeonhawk GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    I did. If you don't have anything helpful to say please don't say anything instead of assuming I'm too narrow minded to even read through the thread before posting for help.

5. bi388

May 29, 2015
    United States
    Then you would have seen that multiple other people reported the exact same problem and there were solutions presented. If you've already tried those that's information that needs to be in your first post to give people the necessary troubleshooting info. And don't give me "don't say anything if it's not helpful" when your posting about an issue that's already been addressed in this very thread.

6. Xeonhawk

Xeonhawk GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    My problem is that anything I do with the FTP has no actual effect on the data on the wii u. Idk if its a problem with only me but I haven't seen this addressed on this thread. You can go somewhere else if you're such in a mood to argue and try and prove someone else wrong.

7. bi388

May 29, 2015
    United States
    Did you try the steps presented on the second page, do you have full ios u exploit or just userland, any more info to help figure out the issue?

8. Xeonhawk

Xeonhawk GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    I'm not too sure what the full ios u exploit is but I used mocha cfw

9. bi388

May 29, 2015
    United States
    If you're using mocha through hbl with the browser exploit and not cbhc/haxchii that's probably the problem. I don't think it has enough permissions due to being kernel and not ios u.

Last edited by bi388, May 27, 2017
  10. Xeonhawk

Xeonhawk GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    Guide said I could use it through any preferred method. Huh, strange

11. bi388

May 29, 2015
    United States
    I'm not 100% positive that's the issue but it seems likely, since you can run mocha through just the browser exploit where as haxchii uses a full system hack.

12. Xeonhawk

Xeonhawk GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    I'll try saviine first then I'll look into haxchi. Thanks for the advice tho

13. Xeonhawk

Xeonhawk GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    Using saviine to inject worked! The program mentioned in this guide was useful to extract a save without needing to boot the EU version since that was long deleted. Now I can load up BOTW USA legit with my previous save data :D

14. Sabishinbo

Sabishinbo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2015
    United States
    Does this method work with all games?