[Guide] Move BoTW EUR save to US version without saviine.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by torrentpal, Mar 3, 2017.

1. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2004
    Porto
    This should not be in the tutorial page.

2. kyaiden

kyaiden Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2017
    Canada
    I got mine to work, but it DOES only save past a certain file and WILL restart from the beginning everytime you die.

I made a save file first before i moved over the files and it works currently, just that every autosave (and save) doesn't save UNTIL it autosaves over the file with a picture (the rest have names and stuff, just blank)

Edit*

So I figured it out, when you use ftpiiu to overwrite the saves, you have to:

1) create a save in the US version before you apply the EUR saves.
    2)Once you transfer the saves, you have to find the save that has a picture (i think its the main save of the EUR version but not sure) and remember that image
    3)Go back to ftpiiu and check the folder again, find the save (0-5 folders, check the img attached to see if its the one with the picture stated in 2)
    4) Put that save into 0 (overwrite or rename) and delete all others
    5)Loading up the game should now only show 1 save but it should be the one you were using in the EUR version
    6) play as normal, saves will now save properly and all is well in the wild.

Last edited by kyaiden, Mar 4, 2017
    gafobo and tatumanu like this.
  3. gafobo

gafobo Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2017
    Confirmed, this method works. I'm currently playing my EUR save in the US version after following these steps. Thanks ^^

4. tvall

tvall GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2014
    United States
    confirmed working here too. now time to give nintendo my money for some dlc

5. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2004
    Porto
    Thanks man, that worked!

6. Piluvr

Piluvr Mettaton NEO

Jul 27, 2015
    United States
    Alphys' Lab
    can I just use saviine?

7. noahc3

noahc3 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2015
    Canada
    -- snip, figured it out --

Last edited by noahc3, Mar 4, 2017
  8. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2014
    United States
    I couldn't get it to work so I just used saviine which didn't take that long and worked perfectly.

9. meowth

meowth Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Could you explain how you did it? I'm also confused by the explanation.

10. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2004
    Porto
    Save a new file in the new version, find it via FTP using the picture of the new save and copy it to the 0 folder, delete everything else on the folder (1,2,3 folder etc), copy all the save files from the version you want to use minus the 0 folder.
    Your save files should be there, pictures you took with the sheika slate will be corrupted though but you can fix that in game by taking other pics of the food animals etc.

11. meowth

meowth Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Thanks! (and to kyaiden as well)

Here's what I did as clearly as I can explain for anyone else (repeating what others have said):

• Start a new game in your NA BOTW and play until you can make a brand new manual save.
    • Launch FTPiiU_Everywhere (not vanilla FTPiiU) via HBL
    • Remember that '101c9500' is EU BOTW and '101c9400' is NA BOTW. Do not mix them up or you might accidentally overwrite the wrong saves.
    • Access "storage_usb (or 'storage_mlc' depending where you saved your copy of EU BOTW)/use/save/0050000/101c9500/user/80000001/" to access your EU saves using your FTP program of choice.
    • Access each of the different numbered folders (0,1,2, etc.) and find the EU save file you want to turn into your new NA save by viewing the "caption.jpg". For me, this was my last manual save in folder "1". Copy this to your hard drive.
    • This is a good time to back up all of your EU BOTW saves to your PC's hard drive if you want to do that.
    • Paste the contents of your chosen EU save file to folder "0" of your NA BOTW. This should be "storage_[xxx]/use/save/0050000/101c9400/user/80000001/0/". Overwrite existing files.
    • Now copy all of the folders in your EU save folder directory ("storage_[xxx]/use/save/0050000/101c9500/user/80000001") except for folder "0" and paste them in your NA save folder directory ("storage_[xxx]/use/save/0050000/101c9400/user/80000001"). Overwrite if prompted.
    • If you boot your NA BOTW now you should be able to access whatever the save file was you pasted into the "0" folder. When I did this I did not have access to my old autosaves and, as tatumanu stated, the previously taken pictures on my sheikah slate did not display (but still counted in my compendium).
    If anyone has any corrections or improvements for this process let me know.

Last edited by meowth, Mar 5, 2017
  12. meowth

meowth Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Are you able to get the Sheikah Slate pictures to work at all in the album? I seem to be able to take photos and replace the corrupted images in the Compendium just fine, but the Album itself doesn't display any photos. I tried maxing out the album then deleting the photos, but no luck. I also had a strange glitch where once I had died I started over at the very beginning of the game (presumably my first manual save on the NA version). It seems to have fixed itself for the time being though. I wish Saviine worked for me because this has definitely been a headache of its own.

13. noahc3

noahc3 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2015
    Canada
    -- snip i cant read jeez --

Last edited by noahc3, Mar 5, 2017
  14. Cptgame446

Cptgame446 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States

I'm brand new at this mean you explain how I can do this with saviine?

15. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2014
    United States
    Last edited by LuigiXHero, Mar 5, 2017
  16. jay.d

jay.d Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2013
    United States
    OK so I had used this method when it was first posted and everything seemed fine. It picked up exactly where I left off and was saving and loading fine until I turned my Wii u off and ever since I can manually save and load but when it auto saves if I die it loads me back to the begining save I made first on the US version.

When I did it though I just copied everything over from the EU to us exactly didn't delete or change anything. Except overwrite the existing us save I had made.

Dies anyone have any advice that might help?

17. beefsloth

beefsloth Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    oconomowoc
    In case anyone might be interested, I can successfully confirm that I used a combo of both methods and it worked.

Here's what I did: I used the FTP method to make a backup of my 101C9500 (EUR) folder by copying it to a safe place on my PC. After making a second copy of it on my pc, I copied 101C9500 over to the saviine inject folder and renamed it to 00050000-101C9400, and made sure that the only folder inside of that was 800008 which you can find inside the original folder. I literally just booted saviine via CHBH/Homebrew launcher and ran inject.bat on my pc. It copied all of my different in-game saves as well as all the other data like in-game camera pictures. I loaded the latest save just fine. So far so good!

18. jimbo11

jimbo11 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    When I try to do this, the only folder I get is "sd," which shows the contents of my sd card. I can't get to the NAND. What gives?

19. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2015
    United States
    You're not using the everywhere version, or not using cfw

20. kbmarinha

kbmarinha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2009
    Brazil
    and you can load miiverse to post something about the game. (you cant if the game isnt the same version of your console)