ROM Hack Guide: Make A "Legit" Pokemon using Pokegen!

D

Deleted-236924

12-In "Country" choose the country of the game your playing (U,EU,J)

13-In "Origin" choose the game the pokemon was caught in ( I prefer to choose the game that you're going to use the pokemon in)

18-For the date, pick any date that is before today (today is 11/3/2011, so make it 11/2/2011 just in case!)

20-DO NOT TICK "fateful encounter" and tick "as egg", the game is B/W, location is route 2, and date is the date after the first date you picked (Since you picked 11/2/2011 make it 11/3/2011 just in case!)

24-For the ID, the first box is your original ID (You can find it when you catch a pokemon and go to it's summary, you'll find OT and below is the ID), but for the second box, you need your secret ID (for that, use a pokemon YOU CAUGHT, and find it using Pokegen and then right-click the pokemon>view stats>OT/Misc and you'll the secret ID in the second box, so just copy it for the pokemon you're making)

25-The OT has to be the name of your trainer (write it exactly as it's written in the game), and ignore everything below OT.

26-Go back to the "Main" tab, and in PID click the "F" button, and a new window will appear.

27-In the new window, under the IVs you will see the something like this: 1 (A-B-C-D). Click on it and choose number 5, under you'll find shiny just keep it unchecked and completely empty (If you want it shiny then tick, BUT I don't guarantee that it's going to be legit)
#12 is irrelevant here, since the Pokémon will be legal no matter what country it was bred in.

#13 is irrelevant as well.

#18 is irrelevant too. The date could be December 31 2099 and the Pokémon would still be legal.

#20, the location for the Day-Care is actually Route 3.

#24 is irrelevant, since any ID/SID combination will make a Pokémon legal (even 00000, considering that ID is possible in Gen V. I'm not sure about a SID of 00000, though.) Note that you can make the Pokémon shiny by clicking the Shiny SID button.

#25 is irrelevant as well for the same reason as above.

#26-27 will make the Pokémon illegal, since the PID finder is for Gen 4 PIDs. If you want to generate a PID for Gen V Pokémon, just leave the PID box blank and save the Pokémon somewhere in your party or in a box and PokéGen will automatically generate a PID for the stats you chose.

Mr. Prince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
12-In "Country" choose the country of the game your playing (U,EU,J)

13-In "Origin" choose the game the pokemon was caught in ( I prefer to choose the game that you're going to use the pokemon in)

18-For the date, pick any date that is before today (today is 11/3/2011, so make it 11/2/2011 just in case!)

20-DO NOT TICK "fateful encounter" and tick "as egg", the game is B/W, location is route 2, and date is the date after the first date you picked (Since you picked 11/2/2011 make it 11/3/2011 just in case!)

24-For the ID, the first box is your original ID (You can find it when you catch a pokemon and go to it's summary, you'll find OT and below is the ID), but for the second box, you need your secret ID (for that, use a pokemon YOU CAUGHT, and find it using Pokegen and then right-click the pokemon>view stats>OT/Misc and you'll the secret ID in the second box, so just copy it for the pokemon you're making)

25-The OT has to be the name of your trainer (write it exactly as it's written in the game), and ignore everything below OT.

26-Go back to the "Main" tab, and in PID click the "F" button, and a new window will appear.

27-In the new window, under the IVs you will see the something like this: 1 (A-B-C-D). Click on it and choose number 5, under you'll find shiny just keep it unchecked and completely empty (If you want it shiny then tick, BUT I don't guarantee that it's going to be legit)
#12 is irrelevant here, since the Pokémon will be legal no matter what country it was bred in.

#13 is irrelevant as well.

#18 is irrelevant too. The date could be December 31 2099 and the Pokémon would still be legal.

#20, the location for the Day-Care is actually Route 3.

#24 is irrelevant, since any ID/SID combination will make a Pokémon legal (even 00000, considering that ID is possible in Gen V. I'm not sure about a SID of 00000, though.) Note that you can make the Pokémon shiny by clicking the Shiny SID button.

#25 is irrelevant as well for the same reason as above.

#26-27 will make the Pokémon illegal, since the PID finder is for Gen 4 PIDs. If you want to generate a PID for Gen V Pokémon, just leave the PID box blank and save the Pokémon somewhere in your party or in a box and PokéGen will automatically generate a PID for the stats you chose.

I got a full party of legal (By legal, I mean that it will be accepted online) pokemon using the guide, but I got some illegal pokemon by not following the guide... (This was posted a long time ago, maybe Pokegen was updated?)

And as for the date (18) I made a pokemon by putting a date that was before B/W released and I couldn't use it on online.

D

Deleted-236924

And as for the date (18) I made a pokemon by putting a date that was before B/W released and I couldn't use it on online.
I can guarantee you the date wasn't the reason why it was rejected.
Pokémon you make with that guide would be accepted on Wi-Fi even if you used the PID finder, because when a Pokémon was bred, the PID is mostly ignored.

Mr. Prince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I can guarantee you the date wasn't the reason why it was rejected.

But it was the only thing I changed, and it got accepted... (I'll try again when I'm not lazy)

D

Deleted-236924

It wouldn't really make sense to block a Pokémon just for the date.
There are people who obtained the game legally before release and some people who got their Pokémon while the date on the DS was wrong for whatever reason.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice try, but this guide is full of mistakes. Just off the top of my head, the PID algorithm in Pokegen is for Gen IV, not Gen V. Likewise, your guide does not take into account trash bytes accumulated from evolution, etc. I'm not going to take the time to point out every single mistake/redundancy.

Max89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i don't understand why do i have to set A-B-D-F for bw2???can you explain the reason please?what are the differences?

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
i don't understand why do i have to set A-B-D-F for bw2???can you explain the reason please?what are the differences?
Use this http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14026-Guide-How-to-generate-Gen-V-Pok%E9mon-in-Pok%E9Gen
And download the newest pokegen. Read through the tutorial and tadaa it should hit wi-fi with no problem.

Mr. Prince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
I remember doing in this in competitive battles. Made them all legit, without the effort in EV training. I used pokesav, however, which made it slightly harder, but meant I had more control over my pokemon. Was easy enough though, they all came from eggs ;)

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ws sreaching this all day- mons from my old platinum file I managed to retain (and lost every other gamesave) were all poorly hacked PIDS.

I used pokegens PID generator and checked them off with PHkex. worked really well! a pain to switch between the 2 but its nice to know I have em all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/