Tutorial  Updated

Installing Corbenik/Skeith CFW

I'm not particularly fond of a tutorial for this, but the existing one is outdated, so I might as well write this, if only to prevent the other guide from being the only one while not working.

This tutorial will cover installation using Corbenik CFW Updater: RE.

Notes:
The author of the CFW is NOT responsible for Corbenik CFW Updater: RE or this method of installation.
Corbenik CFW Updater: RE is not endorsed or supported by chaoskagami.
Also, it's not really hard to set up the CFW with a PC. This method has the sole advantage of not needing a PC.

Corbenik vs. Skeith:
Soo, what's the difference? Well. Corbenik CFW is the stable version aka release version.
Skeith is the exact same thing as Corbenik CFW - however, they're the nightly versions. While Skeith is generally stable enough for daily use, inexperienced users shouldn't mess with it (or, to be honest, with a CFW like this at all, really).
Pick either. Corbenik is installed to "sdmc:/corbenik" and Skeith to "sdmc:/skeith".

Requirements:

Tutorial:

1. Download and install Corbenik CFW Updater: RE (you can do so from the official page or TitleDB/FBI/Homebr3w).
  2. Open Corbenik CFW Updater: RE.
  3. Select the option to install the CFW you want (either Corbenik or Skeith).
  4. Corbenik/Skeith will be downloaded, along with the required files.
  5. You'll be prompted to reboot once it finishes. Press A.
  6. You'll boot into the Corbenik/Skeith menu. Pick the patches you want (FIRM protection, signature patches, autoboot, etc.)
  7. Go back to the Corbenik menu and hit "Boot firmware". It should boot you into the Home Menu.

But really, if you need a tutorial, you shouldn't be messing with a CFW where FIRM protection isn't on by default.

NOTES: If you encounter issues, it's because either Corbenik/Skeith or the Updater are broken. If this does not work, follow the instructions in Corbenik's repo.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,
D

Deleted User

I got the correct patches setup.I just can't figure out where the native_firm files for 11.4 go in the latest build.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I got the correct patches setup.I just can't figure out where the native_firm files for 11.4 go in the latest build.
This guide is actually out of date and you put them in the /lib folder.

dotqurter_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I get a weird startup screen when using Corbenik on my O3DS w/ 11.3 update. Only effects Corbenik, and affects the buttons aswell (All buttons just shutdown console, and the screen is a glitched screenInit)

Does it just need updated?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...