Hacking [GUIDE]How to Install HaxChi With 5.5.1 If You haven't Been Forced To Update To 5.5.2 Yet

RunkMunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk!!! I CANNOT guarantee that this will also work on 5.5.1 U.

This guide will most likely work if your Wii U were 100% disconnected from the Internet (and still is as you are reading this guide) and maybe even not plugged into the outlet, the past few days as mine was because I thought it would catch on fire otherwise, LOL.

I wrote this guide because I never had HaxChi installed because I thought WiiU would never be updated again. I thought I was screwed then when I would turn on my Wii U.

After reading some threads here and watching a couple of YouTube videos I tested a recommendation in a thread about blocking updates, using nnu-patcher and older eShop to purchase a DS game that later would be replaced with HaxChi.

(If you try the regular Nintendo eShop now to install HaxChi, you will be forced to update Wii U firmware to 5.5.2 E/U and after that, this guide will NOT work.)

FIRST - Get HaxChi here: https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases/download/v2.5u2_v1.6/Haxchi_v2.5u2.zip

AFTER THAT - Extract it to your FAT32 formatted SD Card root (I assume you already know how to do this since you must have Homebrew Launcher installed to do all this). You should have the following two folders on SD Card root: "haxchi" and "wiiu" (the folder "install" might be there which is for installing backups). If you see these two folders on SD Card root, you have extracted correctly.

AND BEFORE YOU START - Insert your SD Card into the SD Card slot in your Wii U console.

Step-by-Step; This worked for me (5.5.1 E; and if you have NOT had your WiiU plugged in yet forced to update it):
1. Disconnect your cable to your router that gives you internet to your Wii U. ALSO DISCONNECT ALL YOUR USB DRIVES FROM WII U!!!

2. Turn on your WiiU after you plugged it in.

3. Go to Settings -> Internet -> Connect to the Internet -> Connection List.

4. Choose your Internet Connection that would otherwise give you Internet.

5. For it, go to Settings -> DNS -> Do not auto-obtain, and for DNS servers:

For EUR:
Primary DNS: 081.004.127.020
Secondary DNS: 168.235.092.108

For USA:
Primary DNS: 168.235.092.108
Secondary DNS: 081.004.127.020

6. Click Confirm -> Back -> Back -> Set Default Connection, and choose your Internet Connection that will give you Internet when you plug back your internet cable.
7. Go back to Home Menu.

8. Start Internet Browser.

9. Plug in your internet cable to your router.

10. As soon as you see the green or blue light that you have internet, hit the bookmarked exploit link (loadiine.ovh you know).

11. Launch Mocha CFW in Homebrew Launcher.

12. Launch Homebrew Launcher Channel from Home Menu in Wii U.

13. Launch nnu-patcher (get it here: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/NNU-Patcher if it isn't already inside your Homebrew Launcher) inside Homebrew Launcher (this will take you to Home Menu).

14. Launch Nintendo eShop from Home Menu and cross your fingers.

If your Wii U was never plugged in during the update and you did everything correct, you should come to an older version of Nintendo eShop.

15. In the upper right corner, search for Super Mario 64 DS (costs around $10? This worked for me and it costs just a few bucks more than Brain Age whose exact recommended title I didn't find so I just went ahead with SM64DS which was supposed to work and it did for me on 5.5.1 E. According to HaxChi's website, the USA version should also work, someone else has to confirm).

16. Purchase the game, click Agree and Continue and all that crap to proceed with the purchase.

17. And after purchase, click on the game icon inside Nintendo eShop. You should now see Download button which you click on.

18. Click on Home Menu on your Gamepad and go to Download Management. There you should see the game being downloaded and installed.

19. After installation, go back to Home Menu and run the BrowserHax exploit one last time (so long BrowserHax!).

20. Inside Homebrew Launcher, after the second BrowserHax exploit, disconnect your internet cable and run Mocha CFW once more.

(After you are done with this guide and it worked, you can go back to Internet Settings and either remove your internet connection or choose another one that won't work if you want to keep your old internet connection for future use).

21. Run Homebrew Launcher Channel from Home Menu.

22. Launch HaxChi Installer inside Homebrew Launcher now.

23. Your game Super Mario 64 DS should now show up and you just click the A button your Gamepad twice and it installs itself and restarts the console.

24. You should now see HaxChi as a channel on your Wii U Home Menu.

25. Launch it and launch Mocha CFW inside Homebrew Launcher and enjoy! =)

From now on, you only need to launch HaxChi and Mocha CFW to enjoy your installed backups.

Last edited by RunkMunk,

RunkMunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info but the official noob guide has already been updated to include all these steps

Oh, that's awesome, man! I haven't been on here for years because I never thought softmodded Wii U would be a reality. (A friend told me last week.)

Well, mods can choose whether this thread should remain or not as not to look like a duplicate which might cause confusion for some people.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's awesome, man! I haven't been on here for years because I never thought softmodded Wii U would be a reality. (A friend told me last week.)

Well, mods can choose whether this thread should remain or not as not to look like a duplicate which might cause confusion for some people.
No it's great info. We appreciate you sharing. Thread should stay open!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, iirc it was about a news article about princess peach showtime using the word "sus"...