Did it work for you?

• Yes :)

• No :(

• Same as before :/

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted User

OP
This method does indeed work on the old 3ds however it may not work on all CFW's. You may have to test it yourself, I can confirm that CakesFW works amazingly with this.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works very well, but why the hell does it work? Does anyone know if the payloads are maintained in a GitHub repo? Might be noteworthy to reach out to the authors and let them know about this.

D

Deleted User

OP
Works very well, but why the hell does it work? Does anyone know if the payloads are maintained in a GitHub repo? Might be noteworthy to reach out to the authors and let them know about this.
Its just the older payloads that were made when 9.2 was the latest version. The new 2.5 *hax payload was primarily developed for 10.3

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Using this right now. Works perfectly on my New3DS. With the old payloadfiles, the boot chance was about 50/50. Now it feels like 100%.

Thank you!

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4) Install (make sure you are using themehax manager)

The rest is optional however if you want autoboot you must continue(otherwise you must press "L" to boot menuhax)

Why can't I see this addittional option when installing themehax? It just says, "Press start to exit HBL". I want to make menuhax/themehax to autoboot. Please help

EDIT:
Dont mind me now, I manage to figure it out. It seems there's no option to autoboot on OPs provided offline installer. But anyhow, I installed it properly, will report If it gives me a better boot rate.

Last edited by Akira,
D

Deleted User

OP
Why can't I see this addittional option when installing themehax? It just says, "Press start to exit HBL". I want to make menuhax/themehax to autoboot. Please help

EDIT:
Dont mind me now, I manage to figure it out. It seems there's no option to autoboot on OPs provided offline installer. But anyhow, I installed it properly, will report If it gives me a better boot rate.
The new menuhax installer let's you choose the button (or autoboot) the old one doesn't. You get the old payload with the old installer back it up and then install the new one and replace the new payload with the old.

D

Deleted User

OP
Worked great on a NEW 3DS XL with sysnand 9.2, Emunand 10.5 with Reinand 3.2b. It even loads faster!.
I wish someone could make this for the older payload. It would almost feel like a normal 3ds if you use the black boot screen and remove the colors(though the colors help to see failed boots)

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I love this:
After: O3DS 9.2E failed to boot RxTools 3/10 times
Now it boots 10/10 times

If had known the success rate will rise to me that much, i'd have done this guide ages ago!!

Edit: And it loads faster as hell!!!

Last edited by Patxinco, , Reason: Typos, typos everywhere!!!
Reactions: NekoMichi

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks it works perfectly, now it can even boot to GW emuNAND (the one I was using already with menuhax) when powered on while closed. Boot rate so far seems to be 100% and bit fast but I'm going to test some more.
Only had issue when tried the optional steps to setup autoboot, console wasn't connected to the internet so it was throwing error. Had to do everything from scratch. Also no more menuhax image, but that's okay with me.

Foxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This has been working nice here so far, no freezes yet. And I didn't even need to use the themehax installer thing since someone uploaded their 9.2U O3DS payload, so I just had to place it on my sd with the same name. So I'll do the same and share here to save the trouble of someone else as well (like I said this file is only for 9.2 USA Old 3DS. zipped because the attacher refuses bin files).

Would be nice if someone extracted the payloads for other regions/N3DS/9.0 as well and just dropped the files since it's easy to assume people looking for this already have menuhax2.x set up (and most with autoboot). I tried but I have no idea how to extract the lz files, all apps I've tried failed.

Attachments

• ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA12288_old3ds.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 235
Last edited by Foxy,
Reactions: pbanj
D

Deleted User

OP
This has been working nice here so far, no freezes yet. And I didn't even need to use the themehax installer thing since someone uploaded their 9.2U O3DS payload, so I just had to place it on my sd with the same name. So I'll do the same and share here to save the trouble of someone else as well (like I said this file is only for 9.2 USA Old 3DS. zipped because the attacher refuses bin files).

Would be nice if someone extracted the payloads for other regions/N3DS/9.0 as well and just dropped the files since it's easy to assume people looking for this already have menuhax2.x set up (and most with autoboot). I tried but I have no idea how to extract the lz files, all apps I've tried failed.
I don't think this will work some people have tried the ThemeHax might do something 3ds specific when it installs.

Foxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think this will work some people have tried the ThemeHax might do something 3ds specific when it installs.

The only thing 3DS specific is the rop thing installed the theme data, the payload file is just a vanilla hax 2.1 ninjhax one I think.

I mean, that file isn't even mine but it worked on my 3DS.

squishyscrump

Trophies
XP
Country
I am on part 7 and i have 3 files

ropbinpayload_menuhax_EUR12288_new3ds.bin
ropbinpayload_menuhax_EUR22528_new3ds.bin and
ropbinpayload_menuhax_EUR23554_new3ds.bin

which one is it? and do i need the other 2 or delete them?

UPDATE: i just copied the top one and it worked i cant believe how much better the boot rate is. out of 5 i would only boot 1/5 and then on 5th boot my reinand then wouldnt boot and then have to restart and all would work fine on 6th boot. this happened everytime due to after using NTR 3.3 (shadowtrance's) i cant load another app i have to restart otherwise i get the 3ds logo loop.

now out of 10 boot tries it loads everytime. brilliant

same question as before though do i still need those 2 other bin files? the 2258 and 23554

Last edited by squishyscrump,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone