• No :(

• Same as before :/

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, when you switch back to the current MenuHax, you can have MenuHax Installer copy the old file instead of downloading the new one. After making any necessary hex edits to "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin", make a copy of it and rename it to "menuhaxmanager_input_payload.bin" (both of these should be on the SD card root). Now, when you install the new MenuHax ROP with MenuHax Manager, it will copy that file over instead of downloading the 2.5 payload file from the Internet.

Even if you want to keep your 2.5 payload, keeping a copy named "menuhaxmanager_input_payload.bin" will enable you to reinstall MenuHax from your existing file should anything happen (someone changes your theme, etc.). No need to be online, and your hex edits remain intact if you're using, say, "auto.3dsx" instead of "boot.3dsx" so that you can have CBM without messing up your other *hax payloads.

Just happened to find that information while looking over the MenuHax ReadMe on Github again, seeing if there was a way to run it offline. Looks like I found something I had missed before (and apparently I'm not the only one).

Last edited by Kazuma77,
D

Deleted User

OP
Actually, when you switch back to the current MenuHax, you can have MenuHax Installer copy the old file instead of downloading the new one. After making any necessary hex edits to "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin", make a copy of it and rename it to "menuhaxmanager_input_payload.bin" (both of these should be on the SD card root). Now, when you install the new MenuHax ROP with MenuHax Manager, it will copy that file over instead of downloading the 2.5 payload file from the Internet.

Even if you want to keep your 2.5 payload, keeping a copy named "menuhaxmanager_input_payload.bin" will enable you to reinstall MenuHax from your existing file should anything happen (someone changes your theme, etc.). No need to be online, and your hex edits remain intact if you're using, say, "auto.3dsx" instead of "boot.3dsx" so that you can have CBM without messing up your other *hax payloads.

Just happened to find that information while looking over the MenuHax ReadMe on Github again, seeing if there was a way to run it offline. Looks like I found something I had missed before (and apparently I'm not the only one).
That's really useful thanks for the info!

rodelle

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont get it . i downloaded the zip file and when i extract themehax_installer folder to my 3ds folder in my sd it wont extract.
maybe because there is one file that is also named themehax_installer but doesnt have any file extension. so i tried to rename the folder to themehax_installer1 and it extracted successfully. and when i go to HBL, should i choose menuhax installer? because there are no new options to choose when i put themehax_installer on the 3ds. then what ?

by the way, i also have the folder named menuhax_manager in the 3ds folder. I'm confused if should I remove that and put themehax installer.

please help me

D

Deleted User

OP
i dont get it . i downloaded the zip file and when i extract themehax_installer folder to my 3ds folder in my sd it wont extract.
maybe because there is one file that is also named themehax_installer but doesnt have any file extension. so i tried to rename the folder to themehax_installer1 and it extracted successfully. and when i go to HBL, should i choose menuhax installer? because there are no new options to choose when i put themehax_installer on the 3ds. then what ?

by the way, i also have the folder named menuhax_manager in the 3ds folder. I'm confused if should I remove that and put themehax installer.

please help me
The easiest thing would be to back up your 3ds folder and delete it then download the homebrew starter pack again and the themehax installer. first install the payload with themehax then backup the payload it puts on your sd card then use menuhax installer and replace the payload with the themehax payload from earlier(must be named the same)

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I have a mixture of results, it seems to work well with ReiNAND coldboot on N3DS fine but can break rxTools coldboot on O3DS.

N3DS Results

N3DS (9.0 sysNAND/10.5 emuNAND via ReiNAND)
Setup: Boot > MenuHax > CTR Boot Manager > ReiNAND
Before: 90% coldboot success (10% freezing at yellow screen)
After: 100% coldboot success

N3DS XL (9.2 sysNAND/10.5 emuNAND via ReiNAND)

O3DS Results

O3DS (9.2 sysNAND/10.4 emuNAND via rxTools)
Setup: Boot > MenuHax > CTR Boot Manager > rxTools
Before: 50% coldboot success (50% freezing at yellow screen)
After: 0% coldboot success

Alternative setup: Boot > MenuHax > CTR Boot Manager > HB Launcher
After: 90% coldboot success (10% freezing at white screen)

Symptoms:
O3DS will successfully boot past MenuHax 90% of the time while freezing on a white screen 10% of the time.
If MenuHax successfully passes, the console will go through CTR Boot Manager autoboot and then attempt to rxTools emuNAND but freezes on black screens. 10% of the time the rxTools splash screen will flash once, 90% of the time nothing appears and it just freezes. Holding down R and manually booting rxTools from the CTR Boot Manager menu still works fine.
Reverting and reinstalling the latest version of MenuHax will allow rxTools to work again.

Seems like an issue with rxTools but can't verify if that really is the case.

Last edited by NekoMichi,
D

Deleted User

OP
I have a mixture of results, it seems to work well with ReiNAND coldboot on N3DS fine but can break rxTools coldboot on O3DS.

N3DS Results

N3DS (9.2 sysNAND/10.5 emuNAND via ReiNAND)

O3DS Results

O3DS (9.2 sysNAND/10.4 emuNAND via rxTools)
Setup: Boot > MenuHax > CTR Boot Manager > rxTools
After: 0% coldboot success

Alternative setup: Boot > MenuHax > CTR Boot Manager > HB Launcher
After: 90% coldboot success (10% freezing at white screen)

Symptoms:
O3DS will successfully boot past MenuHax 90% of the time while freezing on a white screen 10% of the time.
If MenuHax successfully passes, the console will go through CTR Boot Manager autoboot and then attempt to rxTools emuNAND but freezes on black screens. 10% of the time the rxTools splash screen will flash once, 90% of the time nothing appears and it just freezes. Holding down R and manually booting rxTools from the CTR Boot Manager menu still works fine.
Reverting and reinstalling the latest version of MenuHax will allow rxTools to work again.

Thanks for this! I will add this to the guide!

Reactions: NekoMichi

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece

N3DS Results

N3DS (9.2 sysNAND/10.5 emuNAND via ReiNAND)

You got the same results on N3DS & N3DS XL? wow, it's like they are totally the same system apart from the screen. /s

Reactions: NekoMichi

JokeTriple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is dumb, but by "9.2 menuhax," do you mean my sysNAND must be on 9.2 or emuNAND? I've updated my emuNAND above 9.2 so I'm just wondering.

Also, has anyone tested this on Old 3DS yet?

D

Deleted User

OP
Sorry if this is dumb, but by "9.2 menuhax," do you mean my sysNAND must be on 9.2 or emuNAND? I've updated my emuNAND above 9.2 so I'm just wondering.

Also, has anyone tested this on Old 3DS yet?
Sysnand 9.2. It looks like it may only work on the new 3ds but nothing wrong with trying if it doesnt work reinstall menuhax normally

D

Deleted User

OP
I've updated the download link to one that might work better? Some people have reported a corrupt download. If it didnt work for you before it might be worth trying this again.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Symptoms:

The same for me but on stock MenuHax payload!
CtrBootManager even hangs in menu with 1 second autoboon while trying to start rxTools or Cakes. Everything works fine on manual boot selection.
So this topic may be fixing the yellow screen case, but the rest is CtrBootMenu and/or CFW compatibility issues.

D

Deleted User

OP
The same for me but on stock MenuHax payload!
CtrBootManager even hangs in menu with 1 second autoboon while trying to start rxTools or Cakes. Everything works fine on manual boot selection.
So this topic may be fixing the yellow screen case, but the rest is CtrBootMenu and/or CFW compatibility issues.
You need to fool around with the autobootfix in your boot.cfg 8 for the old 3ds and 2 for the new 3ds. It may be worth messing with that with other numbers too. Mine is set to 2 or 3 on my n3ds and i get a 95% bootrate from a cold boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended