Hacking [Guide] How To Hack Your 360

ChaosFusion

Trophies
XP
Country
So I've just taken a potential interest in 360 modding and just a few questions since I don't really care about being banned online due to the console being more or less obsolete nowadays.
1. Currently, I'm looking at investing in a E Slim 4gb model however should I perhaps invest in the earlier models for hacks or would the E Slim model be fine?
2. Can you downgrade/overwrite the dashboard to say, the older Blades Theme? On top of that, Can this be done on the new 360 models? (I have doubts with this question but just want to hear what others say)
3. Is it possible to block or bypass updates so that it stays on the downgraded Dashboard?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
E Slim can be a Winchester board, which is unhackable.
For ease, get a Jasper Phat or Trinity Slim (consoles made in 2009-2011)

You can run it but why would you?
It's not of any use at all.
Just install Aurora/FSD or the devkit dash.

It automatically warrants you a ban from Live, so use Dashlaunch to block the XBL DNS, if you follow me tut on installing FSD, you'll come across a section with Dashlaunch and can just take the settings file I made.
This will block updates and set the update path from ***:/$systemupdate to ***:/$$ystemupdate.
That way, the dash won't look for updates in the typical place.

Ofcourse, I also written a tut on updating the 360 ;]

Reactions: FerociousGBA

ChaosFusion

Trophies
XP
Country
E Slim can be a Winchester board, which is unhackable.
For ease, get a Jasper Phat or Trinity Slim (consoles made in 2009-2011)

You can run it but why would you?
It's not of any use at all.
Just install Aurora/FSD or the devkit dash.

It automatically warrants you a ban from Live, so use Dashlaunch to block the XBL DNS, if you follow me tut on installing FSD, you'll come across a section with Dashlaunch and can just take the settings file I made.
This will block updates and set the update path from ***:/$systemupdate to ***:/$$ystemupdate.
That way, the dash won't look for updates in the typical place.

Ofcourse, I also written a tut on updating the 360 ;]
Thanks for the quick reply.
Since you mentioned Aurora and FSD, a quick google search has lead me to find some skins for them which are easily better alternatives to what I originally wanted. To be on the safe side though since I'm going to be investing in the PAL/European Consoles, would there be any incompatibilities regarding the region of the console or will FSD and any skin work perfectly on any region?

Also, while it makes sense to block updates via DNS however, If I recall correctly, some games require you to update to play them. Is there a workaround for game disc updates or would FSD or Aurora block them automatically?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
360 is region free, except for few titles.
Hardware hacking it (JTAG/RGH) removes region checking completely.
The skins etc have no impact on FSD/Aurora.

Nope, don't need to.
TU's are downloaded via Aurora/FSD or you can download them from Xboxunity and copy them to the console with 360 content manager.
TU's are game updates which do not update the console.

smui5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
First of all i wanted to say thanks for writing this guide and remaining active throughout the years.
I have a white Phat xbox360, philips lite-on drive that was flashed by my brother a long time ago.
The current firmware on the xbox states 2.0.1625.0 and my brother has lost the extracted dvd key.
I still have all the tools to flash the xbox like the ck3 probe.
I was wondering if you could give me some guidance on how to update the xbox because i wanted to play the newer released games.

thanks for the help

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I've got a jasper that has a flashed drive. But I thought its time to upgrade to a RGH or similiar.
I was wondering which the best chip/method for this revision is. I've seen some people say rjtag but that seems to be discontinued.
Should I go with J-R Programmer 2 + Xecuter CR4 XL or is there something cheaper?

Last edited by shadoom,

smui5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
So i tried extracting the dvd key from my phat white xbox liteon drive firmware 83850C, but it keeps saying key extraction failed.
I have a ck3 probe v1 which i think might be the problem. I read many guides and it states i need a version 3 is that true?
Also my probe doesnt have a switch on the wire to shut off the power, i tried to shut off the switch on my ck3 lite pcb instead but it always fails extracting the key.

Thanks

smui5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just reread your guide and it states you need a probe 3 to flash the firmware which is strange because i dont know how my brother did it a long time ago with a probe 1

smui5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also read many guides that said the xbox dash for liteons needs to be upgraded to 2.0.13146.0 to use the PMT method
but my xbox 2.0.12625.0 (i just realized my typo from the previous post) so do i continue as normal to extract the key?
Or am I do i need to update the xbox first because my xbox was previously flash and im not sure if it will brick it if i update?
Since my liteon is still fw 83850C v1, I tried the method where u power on the drive and pushing it back half way in and extracting the key
through LO83info in jungleflasher but it still fails.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You could try the legacy methods, updating to a dash post 13146 doesn't work.
It'll detect the CFW and halt the update.
You'd have to flash it to stock first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs