Hacking [GUIDE] How to compile IOSUHAX

TSSableye

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In short, no.

I've been thinking lately about the strategic value of releasing iosuhax without the necessary exploit(s) to run any of it, and have reached the rather disappointing conclusion that it is more of an insurance policy than it is an actual contribution to the development of IOSU tools. Someone looking to profit financially from CFW (a la Gateway) would have most of their "product" publicly available because of this move, meaning if they were trying to sell the exploit with the necessary CFW procedures, the exploit would almost immediately become public, and combined with these tools, would make their product irrelevant. This would also allow unsigned titles to be installed directly to the system menu (loadiine would be irrelevant) so any dev who happens to be anti-piracy (just about all of them) would be even less inclined to release an IOSU exploit as the tools for unhinged piracy have already been made available. It seems like a stalemate to insure no one releases anything because there's either no incentive or counter-incentives for all parties

So basically, in the end, no one can do anything without screwing each other over?

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, in the end, no one can do anything without screwing each other over?
I'm just speculating on motives. It seems odd Smealum would release something that so blatantly allows for piracy when historically he has not done this in any form or fashion

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Starts to read thread...
giphy.gif

Reactions: canariobr

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a bunch of hacks for IOSU, once we have access, we'll be using this to do a lot of our work. Go on the Github and check the features.

Seeing as how most people can't or don't know how to get access to IOSU, wtf is the point of even releasing this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In short, no.

I've been thinking lately about the strategic value of releasing iosuhax without the necessary exploit(s) to run any of it, and have reached the rather disappointing conclusion that it is more of an insurance policy than it is an actual contribution to the development of IOSU tools. Someone looking to profit financially from CFW (a la Gateway) would have most of their "product" publicly available because of this move, meaning if they were trying to sell the exploit with the necessary CFW procedures, the exploit would almost immediately become public, and combined with these tools, would make their product irrelevant. This would also allow unsigned titles to be installed directly to the system menu (loadiine would be irrelevant) so any dev who happens to be anti-piracy (just about all of them) would be even less inclined to release an IOSU exploit as the tools for unabashed piracy have already been made available. It seems like a stalemate to insure no one releases anything because there's either no incentive or counter-incentives for all parties

So what if some one will profit off of the IOSU? Soft modding will put any one out of business anyway.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what if some one will profit off of the IOSU? Soft modding will put any one out of business anyway.
This isn't necessarily true at all, GW was a softmod, one that was essentially stolen from "scene" members. The cart was nothing more than a DRM device that also happened to double as a SD card reader (not at all a necessary function)

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
This isn't necessarily true at all, GW was a softmod, one that was essentially stolen from "scene" members. The cart was nothing more than a DRM device that also happened to double as a SD card reader (not at all a necessary function)

Okay than what's going to keep IOSU scene devs from adding their own DRM so no one can make a profit off of the IOSU exploits?

Last edited by jimmyleen,

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay than what's going to keep IOSU scene devs from adding their own DRM so no one can make a profit off of the IOSU exploits?
No one can profit off of something that's available for free. That is the DRM. But you can also only make part of the picture available for free and still have the same effect.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
No one can profit off of something that's available for free. That is the DRM. But you can also only make part of the picture available for free and still have the same effect.

*shrugs* can't have one without the other, everyone just needs to get the fuck over it.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more I read the replies to these types of threads, the more I'd like to trade my Wii-U's for one of these: https://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/atomictoys/GilbertU238Lab.htm

I mean really, what would be more fun to play with:
An abandoned wii-U with no IOSU exploit -or- some Uranium U-238?

Anybody got one of these "Old School" Gilbert Kits they wanna trade me?
(I'll even throw in a disk of Super Smash Bros wii-U and a 512GB SD Card...)

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
C:\Users\la\Desktop\iosuhax-master>make:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "scripts/anpack.py", line 4, in <module>
from Crypto.Cipher import AES
ImportError: No module named 'Crypto'
make: *** [sections/0x10700000.bin] Error 1
I put all sections from your zip in sections folder but i didnt replace nothing, i didnt have any section before copy sections from your zip
Someone knows how to solve?

cez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
C:\Users\la\Desktop\iosuhax-master>make:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "scripts/anpack.py", line 4, in <module>
from Crypto.Cipher import AES
ImportError: No module named 'Crypto'
make: *** [sections/0x10700000.bin] Error 1
I put all sections from your zip in sections folder but i didnt replace nothing, i didnt have any section before copy sections from your zip
Someone knows how to solve?
Install pycrypto

Reactions: victormr21

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried compiling, used make command in windows, and got errors that I am missing MSVCP140D.dll, VCRUNTIME140D.dll, and ucrtbased.dll, all errors coming from armips.exe. Tried installing VCRedist but that didn't fix the issue.

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tried compiling, used make command in windows, and got errors that I am missing MSVCP140D.dll, VCRUNTIME140D.dll, and ucrtbased.dll, all errors coming from armips.exe. Tried installing VCRedist but that didn't fix the issue.

Download these:
https://download.dll-files.com/3f37...svcp140d.zip?SFdlb2RCamt5TVE5ZWlRWTBHS0dIQT09
https://download.dll-files.com/4a55...time140d.zip?WTV0eXZ0dC90Y1JUZC9JSGpWNHY4Zz09
https://download.dll-files.com/c313...crtbased.zip?cjg1VnFlV0JCTDRCMy9Ua1cwNFY4dz09
Open the folder C:\Windows\System32 (or "System" i dont remember) and Extract here.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now it is saying I am missing DESKTOPCRT140D.dll and APP140D.dll, along with an error: "The procedure entry point_Thrd_id could no be located in the dynamic link library c:\armips\armips.exe"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.