Hacking [Guide] Change emuNAND Region

juniperlee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does region change remove browser parental lock on new 3ds jap ver ? You know n3ds jap can't access some websites like youtube unless paying some yen.

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, the video i posted a little further up has a download link with everything you would need, but i use a different method, so not all the files for the method in this thread are present. i recommend giving the video a look. it's a little long, but i've gotten only positive feedback on it.
Are the steps the same for O3DS?
I followed your tutorial but when i get to injecting secure_info A, i get a black screen after injecting the new emunand

If someone could please share the files from the OP i could try that

I'm trying to change emunand from us to eur if that matters

Last edited by SmellyPirateMonkey,

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind. I got it working. All I have left to do is to delete the junk after region change.

Could someone give me a link or tell me which titles I need to delete? USA console emunand change to EUR. Would really appreciate it. Thanks

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Nevermind. I got it working. All I have left to do is to delete the junk after region change.

Could someone give me a link or tell me which titles I need to delete? USA console emunand change to EUR. Would really appreciate it. Thanks
i have a python tool to do this. i released it here but i forget the name... find my created topics on my profile if you can, you should find it. comparecsv, comparetitles... i honestly forget lol

edit -
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...is-safe-to-delete-after-region-change.383796/

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: SmellyPirateMonkey

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The download link of RegionChangeKit.rar doesn't work.
Where can I download it?
You need 3ds secureinfo tool, emunand tool, and the SecureInfo_A file for the desired region. Google for the 2 tools, the links will be gbatemp. The secureinfo_a file is on that iso site. Good luck

Last edited by SmellyPirateMonkey,
Reactions: MikaruMenoko

MikaruMenoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I managed to do it by exporting the decrypted emuNAND with rxTools 2.6, replacing SecureInfo_A with WinImage and then re-inject the whole edited emuNAND with rxTools.
It worked perfectly! =)
But now I have a problem. Pressing the power or the HOME button while using a software in emuNAND results in a freeze.
I even formatted the emuNAND through System Settings but it keeps doing it.
Is there a solution for this?
I went from a 9.2.0-20 Japanese firmware to a 10.3.0-28 European one.

EDIT: Solved!
I removed every bloatware japanese app with FBI and after a reboot everything works like a charm! **

Last edited by MikaruMenoko,

X_Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese N3ds here:

If I don't have access to cubic ninja but do have access to homemenuhax, is it still possible to use decrypt 9 for region swap?

gualala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, owner of JAP N3DS 9.2 here.
Followed the guide to change the emunand to 9.5U. After removing the titles XXXX-X-XXXJ and found out there is no Streetpass Mii Plaza, Nintendo Zone, Mii Maker - so I download them from NUS packed as CIA. Mii Maker worked, but Streetpass Mii Plaza throws a black error screen after it asked me to take out the stylus to type the personal greetings. Tried also installing the Mii Plaza 4.0 update, same error popped up at the exact same place.
Anyone got their Streetpass Mii Plaza working after region change?
BTW, thanks for the guide, I can now have local multiplayer with my USA O3DS :)

juniperlee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, owner of JAP N3DS 9.2 here.
Followed the guide to change the emunand to 9.5U. After removing the titles XXXX-X-XXXJ and found out there is no Streetpass Mii Plaza, Nintendo Zone, Mii Maker - so I download them from NUS packed as CIA. Mii Maker worked, but Streetpass Mii Plaza throws a black error screen after it asked me to take out the stylus to type the personal greetings. Tried also installing the Mii Plaza 4.0 update, same error popped up at the exact same place.
Anyone got their Streetpass Mii Plaza working after region change?
BTW, thanks for the guide, I can now have local multiplayer with my USA O3DS :)
You changed region to US ver? Does it remove the web browser parental lock ? I mean can you watch youtube on N3ds without unlock it like jap N3ds web browser ?

gualala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, Brower does not work in my region changed emunand. Will try formatting my real nand and rebuild emunand... Anyone knows if the xorpad is still valid if I format real nand?

gualala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, my browser in the new 3DS region changed emunand worked. However the Streetpass Mii Plaza still hangs in the same place.
What I did this time:
  1. Format sysNAND (9.2.0J)
  2. Create Xorpad
  3. Format emuNAND
  4. Boot into gateway emuNAND, install 9.2.0U CIAs from that 3DS ISO site
  5. Perform actions on PC, inject region-changed emuNAND back
  6. Update to 9.4.0U via ROM
I'm not sure how to get Mii Plaza working :\

Reactions: juniperlee

gualala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me for bumping this thread again, but finally figured out the 'crash' problem.
Realizing it is caused by keyboard (not the problem of Streetpass Mii Plaza), I studied the 3dbrew title list.
Found some ?? under 0004009B - System Data Archives, and knowing there are 4 keyboard languages in USA console (1 in JPN console), I downloaded the v0 titles from NUS and installed as CIA:
0004009B00011402
0004009B00011602
0004009B00011D02
0004009B00011E02
Volia! My Streetpass Mii Plaza is working again! Also the folder rename, etc...

P.S. Somehow the 'firmware CIA pack' I downloaded did not contain these titles. Hmmm...

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this still the best way of changing region?

Also, does formatting the system memory wipe existing saves, .cias, etc?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Is this still the best way of changing region?

Also, does formatting the system memory wipe existing saves, .cias, etc?
formatting will get you a new id value so your old saves and sd card content will not be useable any more.
whether the actual data will be wiped, i forget, but it will not work, so use savedatafiler etc to back up your saves beforeur format. .savs from gw etc will work fine they are not tied to the 3ds

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
formatting will get you a new id value so your old saves and sd card content will not be useable any more.
whether the actual data will be wiped, i forget, but it will not work, so use savedatafiler etc to back up your saves beforeur format. .savs from gw etc will work fine they are not tied to the 3ds
Well guess I can restore my old emunand if anything goes wrong.

Does the auto-update feature (where you don't even need to leave the home menu) not work without the unused SecureInfo_A? I'm guessing it doesn't. But again, I could always use my old emunand, get the update, export it, then use it on my region changed emunand, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.