Hacking [Guide] Change emuNAND Region

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide is very outdated and way more complicated than it should be now.

I wrote a different guide on this thread a few month ago. https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-change-emunand-region.392099/page-10

Look for my post about halfway down the page. Any questions you might have should be answered in this thread after my post. Just keep reading.

Reactions: LIQUIDxSNAKE

redbunnyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

hope someone here can help me. I Successfully Region CHanged the Japanese 3DS from by Brother to a EUR one. Now the E-Shop is not working of corse and i read somewhere that we only need a Secureinfo A and C file.

So if i give my Brother (Japanese 3DS Region Switched Emunand to EUR) my secureinfo a and c from my EUR 3DS i can never get Online Again ?

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,

hope someone here can help me. I Successfully Region CHanged the Japanese 3DS from by Brother to a EUR one. Now the E-Shop is not working of corse and i read somewhere that we only need a Secureinfo A and C file.

So if i give my Brother (Japanese 3DS Region Switched Emunand to EUR) my secureinfo a and c from my EUR 3DS i can never get Online Again ?
The only way is to inject a secuteinfo_A that came from a console which was never connected to the eshop. If your console has been connected, also one time, you can't use that secureinfo. Anyway there is another way to make the eshop works, also without that secureinfo_A

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't particularly followed this tutorial, but I successfully region changed emunand. Problem though is when I exit out of an applet, it freezes on "HOME Menu," the rectangle message on the bottom screen. Is there a solution to it? I changed the region from 9.2U to 9.2E

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Appreciate if anyone can help. I have a Taiwan O3ds on 4.2 and would like to change to EUR EMUNAND. I use GW. Do I have to update to 9.2 before I start?

cheers!

Antonio García

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can someone help me? I'm trying to change my emuNAND to USA or EUR. I'm on a 4.5.0-10J O3DS with gateway 3.7.1. Here's what I did: I formated the emuNAND, then downloaded the 4.5.0-10 FW from 3DNUS and deleted the cia's starting with 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130 and 00040138; installed them with BigBlueMenu, used the emuNANDTool to extract the emunand, injected the SecureInfo_A with 3ds_secureinfo_tool_v15 using the extracted emuNAND and the nand.fat16.xorpad and reinjected the emuNAND. I did this with both the USA and the EUR versions, but when I try to enter emuNAND it never loads, I've waited more than 15 minutes. Any suggestion or help is appreciated.

EDIT: I managed to do it following another tutorial, and it changed a few things so I don't know what was the problem :P anyways thanks.

Last edited by Antonio García,

LIQUIDxSNAKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
follow this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-change-emunand-region.392099/page-10

It worked for my new3dsLL 9.1.0-20J to 9.2.0-20U (EmuNand only works in CFW)

(Download updates from 4.2>8.1.0-19 old3ds +new3ds 9.0>yourfirmware)
1.Format Emunand
2.Inject FBI H&S
3.Install sysupdater in emunand
4.drop updates in a folder, first 4.2 then 4.5 then 5.0 overwriting everytime, after you met your firmware ex. 9.1.0-20 rename folder to updates

5.boot EMUNAND in gateway or reinand
6.Make sure you are in EMUNAND and not sysnand, you can brick the 3ds if in sysnand.
7.after you are in Emunand either CFW or Gateway, run FBI and press R then L until you see delete title mode, start deteling every CTR-X-XXXJ (only the ones that end in J , press home and get ready to update.
8.Run sysupdater 0.4.2b.cia , then press Update, wait after everything is done. (make sure you have the updates folder in the ROOT of SDCard. after its done it will restart

9. now is the time to inject the Secureinfo_A B file (for me it was B since its a new 3dsxl i think)
Regions are JP 00 US 01 EU 02 at 0x100 offset edit that to your region in a hexeditor like xvi32 or winhex idk.

10. inject the file TO EMUNAND!! with decrypt9 or by doing that awful tutorial

11. boot emunand with CFW with no sigs patch, for me Gateway doesn't work, but reinand does so...

12. cleanup the gargabe left by going to system settings and format your emunand so it will make you do the setup again(EMUNAND)
13.boot emunand and Enjoy

Last edited by LIQUIDxSNAKE,

saitejal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
follow this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-change-emunand-region.392099/page-10

It worked for my new3dsLL 9.1.0-20J to 9.2.0-20U (EmuNand only works in CFW)

(Download updates from 4.2>8.1.0-19 old3ds +new3ds 9.0>yourfirmware)
1.Format Emunand
2.Inject FBI H&S
3.Install sysupdater in emunand
4.drop updates in a folder, first 4.2 then 4.5 then 5.0 overwriting everytime, after you met your firmware ex. 9.1.0-20 rename folder to updates

5.boot EMUNAND in gateway or reinand
6.Make sure you are in EMUNAND and not sysnand, you can brick the 3ds if in sysnand.
7.after you are in Emunand either CFW or Gateway, run FBI and press R then L until you see delete title mode, start deteling every CTR-X-XXXJ (only the ones that end in J , press home and get ready to update.
8.Run sysupdater 0.4.2b.cia , then press Update, wait after everything is done. (make sure you have the updates folder in the ROOT of SDCard. after its done it will restart

9. now is the time to inject the Secureinfo_A B file (for me it was B since its a new 3dsxl i think)
Regions are JP 00 US 01 EU 02 at 0x100 offset edit that to your region in a hexeditor like xvi32 or winhex idk.

10. inject the file TO EMUNAND!! with decrypt9 or by doing that awful tutorial

11. boot emunand with CFW with no sigs patch, for me Gateway doesn't work, but reinand does so...

12. cleanup the gargabe left by going to system settings and format your emunand so it will make you do the setup again(EMUNAND)
13.boot emunand and Enjoy

Did you remove the files starting with 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130 and 00040138 and then installed a first party CIA like Pokemon X and then check the language it was using?
(It was japanese for me, I changed region from JPN to USA)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can someone help me? I'm trying to change my emuNAND to USA or EUR. I'm on a 4.5.0-10J O3DS with gateway 3.7.1. Here's what I did: I formated the emuNAND, then downloaded the 4.5.0-10 FW from 3DNUS and deleted the cia's starting with 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130 and 00040138; installed them with BigBlueMenu, used the emuNANDTool to extract the emunand, injected the SecureInfo_A with 3ds_secureinfo_tool_v15 using the extracted emuNAND and the nand.fat16.xorpad and reinjected the emuNAND. I did this with both the USA and the EUR versions, but when I try to enter emuNAND it never loads, I've waited more than 15 minutes. Any suggestion or help is appreciated.

EDIT: I managed to do it following another tutorial, and it changed a few things so I don't know what was the problem :P anyways thanks.

Could you link me to that tutorial?

RigoHoward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello guys, thanks for all the help here!

So, i give it a chance and after upgrading the emuNAND to firmware 11.0 on my japanese old 3DS i decided to change the region to USA to have english & spanish language support.

So i follow the following steps:

- Backup emuNAND (wich was on 9.2J firmware)
- Grab all the old 3ds CIA firmwares up to 11.0, then i create and "updates" folder and merge all the CIA's (overwriting files from the lower to the higher versions and deleting all the files starting with 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130 and 00040138)
- Get a donor backup of the SecureInfo_A (JPN) file and change the ID to USA (01)
- Inyected FBI to the "Health & ..." thing
- SysUpdater installed with FBI
- From FBUI, i delete allmost all the titles wich has named as CTR-N-XXXJ (i used 3dbrew site to identify all the deleted titles). Just a few titles were not deleted because it's ID's are not available ind the 3dbrew site so i dont know anything about those
- Then i installed all the update CIAs over the emuNAND with the "update" option in SysUpdater
- Boot the emuNAND to check if the update goes well (version check)
- Using Decrypt9 i injected SecureInfo_A file into the emuNAND
- I Formatted system settings and finally do the initial setup as well

So successfully i can see all the titles according to the selected language over System configuration, but the only problem is when i ejected the SD with the emuNAND system running the 3ds freezees (i cant get SD card ejected notificacion at all).

This behavior apperars since i do the region change, when using 9.2J over emuNAND or sysNAND i was able to eject the SD card getting only the corresponding notification (no freezees at all)

Anyone has experience a similar problem?
Thanks in advance!

saitejal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, thanks for all the help here!

So, i give it a chance and after upgrading the emuNAND to firmware 11.0 on my japanese old 3DS i decided to change the region to USA to have english & spanish language support.

So i follow the following steps:

- Backup emuNAND (wich was on 9.2J firmware)
- Grab all the old 3ds CIA firmwares up to 11.0, then i create and "updates" folder and merge all the CIA's (overwriting files from the lower to the higher versions and deleting all the files starting with 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130 and 00040138)
- Get a donor backup of the SecureInfo_A (JPN) file and change the ID to USA (01)
- Inyected FBI to the "Health & ..." thing
- SysUpdater installed with FBI
- From FBUI, i delete allmost all the titles wich has named as CTR-N-XXXJ (i used 3dbrew site to identify all the deleted titles). Just a few titles were not deleted because it's ID's are not available ind the 3dbrew site so i dont know anything about those
- Then i installed all the update CIAs over the emuNAND with the "update" option in SysUpdater
- Boot the emuNAND to check if the update goes well (version check)
- Using Decrypt9 i injected SecureInfo_A file into the emuNAND
- I Formatted system settings and finally do the initial setup as well

So successfully i can see all the titles according to the selected language over System configuration, but the only problem is when i ejected the SD with the emuNAND system running the 3ds freezees (i cant get SD card ejected notificacion at all).

This behavior apperars since i do the region change, when using 9.2J over emuNAND or sysNAND i was able to eject the SD card getting only the corresponding notification (no freezees at all)

Anyone has experience a similar problem?
Thanks in advance!

Ofcourse it freezes! The emuNAND partition is on SDCard and the N3DS is running from there and you are removing the SDcard.

RigoHoward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thanks for the aclaration!

I thought that i do something wrong :P

So i decided to DELETE all the CTR-NXXXJ titles using FBI and then i updated the emuNAND from the System configuration > Other options > Update and now my emunand is on 11.0.0-33U

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I posted it on the wrong post, re-do: I FINALLY got a SecureInfo_A file that has never been online. I plan to create a completely new NNID, so should I just run TinyFormat on my emunand, and then inject the new-clean-SecureInfo_A file and create a new NNID? Is that right? I would assume that I wont loose my content/installed games with tiny format, right? I don't remember how that worked.

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should I use this guide if I already have a9lh? I want to have an extra emunand on a different region than my a9lh sysnand. Thanks!

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should I use this guide if I already have a9lh? I want to have an extra emunand on a different region than my a9lh sysnand. Thanks!

What is your goal? If you have an o3ds it's possible to region change using some methods, but you will only be able to have 1 region NNID at a time links to your console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended