ROM Hack [Guess] Possible easier entrypoint for N3DS?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was thinking that Grezzo handled MM3D development like OoT3D, they probably reused a lot of code, so even though I can't go and RE the code myself, I think it's *likely* that they didn't add sanity checks. If ROP can be achieved in MM3D, the game is bundled so a properly signed .CIA for all regions could eventually be dumped (that would work on sysNAND), and you could use GW OoT exploit to install it and use savedatafiler to inject the save. Just a wild guess.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I was thinking that Grezzo handled MM3D development like OoT3D, they probably reused a lot of code, so even though I can't go and RE the code myself, I think it's *likely* that they didn't add sanity checks. If ROP can be achieved in MM3D, the game is bundled so a properly signed .CIA for all regions could eventually be dumped (that would work on sysNAND), and you could use GW OoT exploit to install it and use savedatafiler to inject the save. Just a wild guess.

sure i guess it could be possible.
on the downside, it couldn't be used as the initial starting point because you would need to install the cia in the first place... :) (if you did not have the game already)
plus usa did not get it preinstalled LOL :D so they would not get a legit cia

Reactions: Aurora Wright

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sure i guess it could be possible.
on the downside, it couldn't be used as the initial starting point because you would need to install the cia in the first place... :) (if you did not have the game already)
plus usa did not get it preinstalled LOL :D so they would not get a legit cia
Heh, I didn't know NoA was cheap enough to not bundle it haha. I think GW should look for vulnerabilities in the games which have legit CIAs anyway (it would provide an easier to use entrypoint).

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With an old 3DS you could install a legit MM CIA and then do a system transfer to N3DS, don't know if it'd shift the bugged save over though. Would be very easy for Nintendo to check the save and block it.
System transfer requires 9.5 on N3DS too, so it's not possible. You'd need OoT or cubic ninja (once gw releases support) to install CIA + hacked save on sysNAND, just once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah see that's were you're wrong it's the shitbox everything has to be very serious