Guardian Signs Mission Injector

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by sinbad.the.saile, Nov 21, 2010.

1. tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2010
    Gambia, The
    If someone could suppy me with a save with and without the additional missions I may be able to write an injector myself.

2. Kevinkanselaar

Kevinkanselaar Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2017
    Netherlands
    Where do I add this on drastic on android?

3. Kevinkanselaar

Kevinkanselaar Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2017
    Netherlands
    How do I add this in drastic on android?

4. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    It's emulator independant, meaning you have to copy your .sav file, inject the missions and then copy back.

5. Andesmountain

Andesmountain Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2017
    United States
    Any of you know an updated mission injector for guardian signs, including the giratina/arceus missions? I can't inject those and I wish I could.

6. Johnny2071

Johnny2071 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 7, 2014
    United States
    I have the same problem, except I already downloaded them before. But now they're gone. I tested this in DeSmuME, and apparently the injector actually ERASES the extra missions.

7. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    There are save files on GameFAQs that have all the DLC content. No story progression what so ever, so you can still set up your own file for the story but you'll have access to all the DLC missions

8. Johnny2071

Jul 7, 2014
    United States
    Would I be able to restore the game I already beat, and keep the DLC missions?

9. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    Well you could try to mess around with a HEX editor. Meaning that you'll just copy the DLC content from the downloaded save file into your file with your completed story. You'd "just" have to find the correct offsets. IIRC I actually did that once but that was a couple of years ago.

10. Johnny2071

Jul 7, 2014
    United States
    Nice idea, but I don't know jack about hex editing. The most I did in hex editing was character cloning in Fire Emblem Awakening.

11. Andesmountain

Andesmountain Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2017
    United States
    I found a guy who made a fresh save file with all missions. If you DM me I can give you a file to download or the link to find the save file.

12. Andesmountain

Andesmountain Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2017
    United States
    I found a guy who made a fresh save file with all missions. If you DM me I can give you a file to download or the link to find the save file.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Can we get a mod to delete this? Internet pooped out and sent it many times.

13. DjWafflez

DjWafflez Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2017
    United States
    Can Someone link me to a guide or just guide me? I have no idea how this works
    Btw i use DeSmuMe

14. Nathan Cusick

Nathan Cusick Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2016
    Little bit late, but do you still happen to have the link to that save file?

15. Sme

Sme Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2018
    United States
    This program's pretty old, but it almost works perfectly.

I've used it now with both Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs (physical carts), and there's an issue when dealing with real copies of the game. The save file for each game is 256KB, but when you put it through the injector it comes out as a 512KB file. Opening it up in a hex editor reveals that there's 256KB of nothing at the end of the file, and because the file size is wrong it won't load onto a real cartridge properly. Deleting the last 256KB of the file makes it work perfectly fine and emulators don't care so they'll load the larger file, it's just a bit of a stupid thing that the program does that only a very small number of people would ever encounter.