OP
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
228692-grand-theft-auto-v-wallp-2013%20%28Custom%29.jpg
You maybe heard already about the FPS mod that was before in GTA 5, but now Rockstar will officially include it in the game as an option.
You'll be able to play the full game in FPS mode or play it in the traditional TPS mode. You'll be the one to chose. You can choose between the two modes at any time. :)
Rockstar promises full 1080p @ 30FPS on the PS4 and Xbox One and up to 4k on PC. They didn't say anything about the amount of FPS on PC, but let's hope it won't be locked at 30FPS.
But to be fair, I rather have a well optimized 30FPS GTA V on the PC, than a badly optimized unlocked FPS port....
GTA IV, I'm looking at you ...

There’s so much new about this version Grand Theft Auto V, but it’s obvious Rockstar was keen to deliver something above and beyond a technical upgrade – it’s given players an entirely new way of playing the game. From shooters to action games, we’re all used to adopting the first-person, but the way in which this new perspective transforms the GTA 5 experience can’t be understated; it fundamentally alters how you inhabit and interact with this world. It rewrites the experience.

Here are some videos about it:

Comparison Video between last-gen and "next-gen" current-gen:

rsggtavngscreenshot118jpg-eb5da4_960w.jpg
rsggtavngscreenshot112jpg-eb5da2_960w.jpg
rsggtavngscreenshot137jpg-eb5da7_960w.jpg
rsggtavngscreenshot147jpg-37b97d_960w.jpg
rsggtavngscreenshot114jpg-37b979_960w.jpg

So what is your opinion about this guys? Are you hyped for it, or don't care at all? :)

:arrow: Source #1
:arrow: Source #2

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually looks awesome!! At least its not like other games going on both gens that only add better graphics, ill be grabbing this if the price is right

Reactions: Attila13

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Never thought of playing GTA like this but wow this is awesome!

If they could only confirm the heists are in too then the excitement would be over the roof.

Definitely getting this for PS4 when the time comes ('bout 15/16).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Read it on another site, but I'm kind of "meh" on it. Changing a TPS to an FPS isn't hard in itself (just change the camera a bit), but that doesn't make it a GOOD FPS. I'll certainly try it out, but since the game wasn't made as an FPS (or to be played on a PC to begin with), I doubt it'll have the buttersmooth keyboard+mouse controls that I'm used to. Besides...driving around is just plain better in 3rd person.

They didn't say anything about the amount of FPS on PC, but let's hope it won't be locked at 30FPS.
Of course they didn't. No company ever does (and even review sites give indications rather than a concrete number). For the simple reason that it depends on the rig you've got.

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
OP
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Changing a TPS to an FPS isn't hard in itself (just change the camera a bit), but that doesn't make it a GOOD FPS. I'll certainly try it out, but since the game wasn't made as an FPS (or to be played on a PC to begin with), I doubt it'll have the buttersmooth keyboard+mouse controls that I'm used to. Besides...driving around is just plain better in 3rd person.
Rockstar said:
Available in both GTAV and GTA Online, we've made a host of changes to accommodate this new perspective, including the creation of an optional first person cover system, a new targeting system, a more traditional FPS control scheme, and integrating thousands of new animations into the existing game. It's also available at the touch of a button so you can easily switch back and forth between perspectives.

They didn't say anything about the amount of FPS on PC, but let's hope it won't be locked at 30FPS.
Of course they didn't. No company ever does (and even review sites give indications rather than a concrete number). For the simple reason that it depends on the rig you've got.
Here I was talking about unlocked FPS, doesn't matter if it isn't 60FPS or anything. :)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

...lol.
No you derp, he's talking about the game being locked at a specific FPS on PC despite them typically being much more powerful and capable of run atleast 60, but get locked at lower numbers because that's what they're locked to on consoles.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
ITs like a completely different game!

Someone will mod in Occulus VR support within a week of release. Awesome.

Also "4K" support.

LMAO I probably wont be able to afford to play this maxed until 2020

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
...lol.
No you derp, he's talking about the game being locked at a specific FPS on PC despite them typically being much more powerful and capable of run atleast 60, but get locked at lower numbers because that's what they're locked to on consoles.

*sigh* I kinda feel ashamed to be part of the console peasants because we're ruining these games for PC after all.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
...lol.

You do realise Attila clarified this after I made that comment, right? Because if so...you've got a cute little parrot thing going, but I actually understood him when he said it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*sigh* I kinda feel ashamed to be part of the console peasants because we're ruining these games for PC after all.

lol well...it's not really the fault of being on consoles. Lazy developing is. Most games with locked FPS have it unlocked by modders within a day or two. It's not a hard thing to fix, but some devs seem to be too lazy or incapable of doing it themselves.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Can't wait for this! I purchased GTA V on PS3 at launch but subsequently left it because a part of me wanted to play it on PC, however, PS4 ain't bad either.

Hopefully now the Heists will release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse