Gaming GTA V: Nasty gamebreaking bug

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. Before reading further be warned that this thread contains somewhat of a spoiler (not about the ending), but about an event that takes place about 50-60% into the game.

That said, i was wondering if anyone here on the temp has experienced a similar problem as mine, and if so, how and if they solved it. So i did the mission with trevor and micheal where you kidnap the mexicans wife, and trevor and micheal become unavailable because they're "hiding". After that i started doing the remaining missions with Franlkin. After doing all missions and sidemissions available for Franklin, a green M popped up on Micheals villa. After going to the villa, nothing happens, nothing at all. There is nothing else questwise i can do in the game, and there are a couple of sidemissions (and a main M mission that can be started by Micheal or Trevor), but alas, i cannot do that quest either since they are not choosable.

So i did some searching on the web and it seems to be very rare and has happened to only some players, but the only workaround i've found so far is to load a previous save. Now, beeing the naive me that i am, i did not keep an extra save on GTA. So to say the least, i am quite heartbroken that i cannot continue to play this awesome game untill (if) a patch gets released addressing this.

Has anyone else heard about this? Any known solutions?? Or am i just an idiot and missing something?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Haven't heard of it, nor experienced it.
Seeing that it's a very rare bug, I doubt Rockstar would fix it.
If they would, then I doubt it'll rescue your savegame.

I hate to say it but, I guess you'd have to see that save as a loss...

LINK289

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried accessing online? I have heard about a glitch where if you tried to log into the online it would skip a mission or two. That may have been what happened, it just happened at an unfortunate time when only Franklin was available. :unsure:

I'm not sure if there is any way you can fix it though, just thought I would say what may have caused it.

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update on the situation! I did some more searching around and it seems a handfull of people are getting stuck at that exact mission "Minor Turbulence". They did discover a solution to the bug though so i thought i might share it with you all. Get into a taxi and choose the mission as the destination (the green M), and use skip to fast-travel there. After that the yellow circle will appear in front of Micheals villa (i tried it and it actually worked). Still, a pretty nasty bug that should get solved but at least you can get around it. Hope this helps anyone stuck on that mission!

Skrimshank

Trophies
XP
Country
Just joined this site to make this one post - THANK YOU DIGEMAN YOU ARE A FUCKIN LEGEND!!! Got same bug - was 60% of the way through the game and had reload a save at 20% only to hit the exact same bug at the same point and was about to sell the game! The taxi fix works. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. My thanks are eternal.

Reactions: Costello

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat