Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
thaigrocer said:
I don't see why they wouldn't port it... eventually. Otherwise we have to wait for a PS3 emulator (that would be for a long time).
wtf.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
It may take over 20 years until we have a PS3 emulator. Right now we don't even have a PS2 emulator that works well, and PS3 is MUCH more complex than a PS2.
Hold on, if you have a DS, I believe there is a PS3 emulator for the NDS.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
rofl. VVoltz, I wouldn't worry about your 8800(GT?) running GTA IV. GTA has never been very demanding. I doubt it would start now. Heck when it comes, I'm betting an 8500 will be able to run it on low. So your 8800 will be fine.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Westside said:
thaigrocer said:
I don't see why they wouldn't port it... eventually. Otherwise we have to wait for a PS3 emulator (that would be for a long time).
wtf.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
It may take over 20 years until we have a PS3 emulator. Right now we don't even have a PS2 emulator that works well, and PS3 is MUCH more complex than a PS2.
Rofl
tongue.gif

Good luck emulating 8 cores @ 3.2Ghz
tongue.gif

And a even more extreme graphichs chip.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
superrob said:
Westside said:
thaigrocer said:
wtf.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
Rofl
tongue.gif

Good luck emulating 8 cores @ 3.2Ghz
tongue.gif

And a even more extreme graphichs chip.
wtf.gif
I hope you realize I was joking.

ZeWarriorReturns, it's Westside, not VVoltz...
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
It is a GT card, but I feel guilty, because I only spent $149 on it...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@superrob That would be 7 cores (8 core machines at similar clocks are relatively well established as we speak and I would be willing to be you could get away with a couple less for some games) and tweaked (albeit greatly) 7XXX series Nvidia card. More than I have right now without question but well within the realms of possibility especially as world+dog seems to be doing the virtualisation thing right now. Hmm wonder if I could network several PS3s and get a PS3 emulator going.....

Back on topic though I can personally wait, unless of course it has a really nice multiplayer over local network (the first game in the series rates with carmageddon, duke3d and early delta force titles when it comes to multiplayer memories).

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I played all GTA games on PC.. GTA4 should be available later this year..

Liberty/Vice City Stories were probably Sony exclusive.. I think they were PSP exclusive, but didn't sell as expected, so Rockstar decided to make a PS2 version to compensate.. like happened with a lot of PSP games..

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
thaigrocer said:
wtf.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
See: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=780...p;#entry1024847

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Mewgia said:
Westside said:
thaigrocer said:
wtf.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
See: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=780...p;#entry1024847
That emulator is inefficient and still does not work on MANY MANY games. The point I'm trying to make here is that PS2 emulator is FAR from perfect, we can't even come close to PS3 yet.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see a PS3 emulator for another 25 years and it won't even be close to full speed and 35% compatibility.
I also see emulators in general dieing. I don't think people want to bother with all the trouble in future consoles, both home and portable. But then again this was probably said 10 years ago.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bad news:

"As for GTA IV coming out on the PC, that's very doubtful as we currently have no plans to develop for the PC. We could only focus our efforts extensively on so many consoles at once, and PC might not see the light of the day."

That was posted on a blog of a Rockstar worker.
I can't find an english site who has posted this news yet, but there are many dutch ones.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I really hope so, I will buy it if it comes for the PC, what would be my first PC game buy in a few years
smile.gif

This game deserves it, and I want that GTA V comes to the PC too
smile.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Satangel said:
Bad news:

"As for GTA IV coming out on the PC, that's very doubtful as we currently have no plans to develop for the PC. We could only focus our efforts extensively on so many consoles at once, and PC might not see the light of the day."

That was posted on a blog of a Rockstar worker.
I can't find an english site who has posted this news yet, but there are many dutch ones.
They usually just develop the console GTAs' first, and after a year or so the Pc-versions come out.

Timmyhawky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't wait for it. But then I need a new PC. And the more new PC's suck: they always die in 5 years.
I'm using a old 500mhz P3 now, and it has worked perfect for 11 years.

Well, I hope my dad gets himself a new PC so I can use it when this game is released.
GTA rulez
grog.gif

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Timmyhawky said:
Can't wait for it. But then I need a new PC. And the more new PC's suck: they always die in 5 years.

Well, I hope my dad gets himself a new PC so I can use it when this game is released.
GTA rulez
grog.gif
500Mhz P3 O.o How do you even live with that O.o

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Satangel: Why would news as important as that be posted by only one (presumably) Ducth worker, if it's an English-speaking company?

Timmyhawky said:

GTA rulez
grog.gif
Since when do PCs die in 5 years?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.