Greatest hardware configuration for emulation in general

mariogamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So those time I search some emulator for ds & wii... But actually it seem like you must get a great processor + a great graphical card + new model of motherboard to make it run at full speed.

So what processor + other things you would advice me to use?

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So those time I search some emulator for ds & wii... But actually it seem like you must get a great processor + a great graphical card + new model of motherboard to make it run at full speed.

So what processor + other things you would advice me to use?
The original hardware, the games were meant to run on custom hardware, but if you're pressed for a more conventional and cheaper method, i'd get a Raspberry Pi 3 for general 90's down emulation. Try your best though to get an everdrive or something like that for smoothest results. I personally use a RPi 3 though.

LongDongSilver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rpi 3 does good for most emulators,doesnt do ds and wii though. On my personal rig i have an i7 870 and gtx 1050 no problems with emulation but i doubt you're about to go out and buy a 110$ gpu much less a full rig

Reactions: Luglige

mariogamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get a Wii and you can emulate most (if not all) those 90's consoles, that's how I play when I feel the need.
I already have a wii...

In fact I mostly want to emulate gamecube for netplay.

(Also ds emulation on wii is....well... last time I tried it it was super laggy...)

Last edited by mariogamer,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I already have a wii...

In fact I mostly want to emulate gamecube for netplay.

Wii can play GC games, and if your Wii is one with NGC controller ports then you can play NGC games without the need of anything else (but the games and a NGC controller). If playing backups, use nintendont. As of netplay, haven't tried it myself, I'm not that into the subject.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"