Hardware Graphic Card Problems

• Thread starter pasc
  • Start date
  • Views 1,959
  • Replies 11
P

pasc

OP
so, I need your help once again, some pc related stuff really isn't my cup of tea, especially hardware.

According to Everesthome I got a nVIDIA GeForce FX Go5250 which should work fine with the drivers got from various internet sources, sadly windows doesn't recognize the drivers:

nvidia.JPG

(Sorry for it being German, but comparing it to your own setup should reveal the phail)

^ but doesn't (hands down... who didn't guess that ?
rolleyes.gif
):

error%20nvidia.JPG

I tried all the stuff mentioned on weppages all over the web but came to no conclusion / idea how to solve this problem (dammit I need my N64 emu back running
frown.gif
).

So, I just hope that someone may have experience with this stuff:

- pasc

P

pasc

OP
thats a good question... actually I'm afraid that I don't have any driver verison at all... any way to check this ?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's a mobile card. You cannot use the drivers from Nvidia because Nvidia doesn't support the mobile versions. You can find modified official drivers that work with the mobile graphics cards.

P

pasc

OP
any pointer ? btw... I have a onboard card (thats at least what my father says anyway).

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.tweakforce.com/

Try that site. Look on the left side, there should be a download for modified drivers that work for mobile cards.

I also think Nvidia stopped supporting older cards like the 5200 series. Some of the modified drivers attempt to add back in support, it might not be 100% though.

P

pasc

OP
so... I used one of those drivers ( not sure if it was the right one...) XTreme-G 169.28 XP 32bit Beta
and it failed. Maybe another one ?

P

pasc

OP
Alright, thanks for your help guyz.

I solved the problem by installing the drivers that didn't work previoulsy for the VGA Card specifically.

So if anyone has the same problem like me in future, don't hesitate to ask.

Now on to some Guild Wars and N64 ^^.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.