Gaming Grand Theft Auto would be amazing

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Aside from the fact I find your post for the most part entirely pointless I will say this much and you can pick em apart if you will. GTA3 and Vice City I did get into heavily, also that weird overhead GTA3 spinoff on the GBA. SA I couldn't stand as they tossed in 'The Sims' type stuff and the whole ghetto thug thing going on too. GTA4 I already hit on and I just felt they broke the formula, got a bit cheap with the cop assaults, held back weapons far too long, and that whole cell phone harassment or you're punished was a bit much.

If you don't like my nitpicking, report me and get me banned as I'm going to speak my mind.
I will report you and get you banned for voicing your relevant opinions on an online forum!
mad.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
after how rockstar blamed ds piracy for ctw selling horribly i'm sure they'd wait at least a year to ensure the 3ds truly is as secure against piracy as claimed before risking cash trying to make a gta game for a portable ninty handheld again
And yet they released three GTA titles on the piracy ridden PSP, of which Chinatown Wars sold worse than the DS version.

I can see a 3DS version, it seems more geared towards those sort of gamers and seems to be bringing none Nintendo gamers onto it.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Chaz, counting on you.
biggrin.gif

Seriously I do have issue though with the whole slam Nintendo for piracy crap and the lower sales on Chinatown Wars. It didn't sell fast over the the early days it was out but it's still at retail and sells ok still as is considering all things so it really didn't do that bad. What is galling is their blowjobbery of the PSP where it's game #3 of the lot and sold worse than the DS title -- yet no complaints there. All that truly comes down to isn't reality, just agenda.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Aside from the fact I find your post for the most part entirely pointless I will say this much and you can pick em apart if you will. GTA3 and Vice City I did get into heavily, also that weird overhead GTA3 spinoff on the GBA. SA I couldn't stand as they tossed in 'The Sims' type stuff and the whole ghetto thug thing going on too. GTA4 I already hit on and I just felt they broke the formula, got a bit cheap with the cop assaults, held back weapons far too long, and that whole cell phone harassment or you're punished was a bit much.

If you don't like my nitpicking, report me and get me banned as I'm going to speak my mind.
No worries man. I didn't realize how naggy my post was until today. Your opinion is valid, and I respect it.

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Aug 31 2010, 10:42 AM) I will report you and get you banned for voicing your relevant opinions on an online forum!
mad.gif
I get it, and agree that everyone should voice their true opinion.

I guess I just wanted to hear some of the positive viewpoints about GTA on the 3DS, but the overwhelming response leans more towards not wanting/caring if a GTA is released at all. Regardless, there are enough great titles announced that I'll be getting the 3DS regardless.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehehe no problem.

If you want a positive set of viewpoints for 3DS they're easy.

Regardless of top down or third person if handled right the depth would be more akin to a real city street or in a car, whatever, it would pop out. Also, given the 2 screens (if they didn't use it for lame touch games like on DS) it could make for a great PDA, item menu, map, stats, not to clutter the action. Easier firearms aim due to pointer w/stylus. And given GTA refuses to change, you know what you'll be in for so if you like the style and the mission types you'll be fine with it.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lol 3D Nightclubs....., anyways I don't want GTA anymore, meh, It died after GTA III and SA, and to think of a hand-held GTA version is even more bizarre...If you'd want my opinion, I would recommend Rockstar to reboot their Smugglers Run series, with Handheld (3DS, and possibly PSP2?) and Console (Wii, PS3, X360) versions.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well you won't see it because of how pirated the original was...so if you downloaded and played but didn't buy Chinatown Wars, you really have no reason to complain or expect a sequel (not pointing this at anybody in particular)

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While its true Chinatown Wars was heavily pirated on the DS, its stupid to think this would deter GTA from reappearing on a Nintendo handheld, (heck, every Nintendo handheld since the GBC has had a grand theft auto game, look it up). The reason its stupid to think this would stop rockstar from making a new GTA is because the 3DS is a different system with different piracy protection, supposedly strong piracy protection.

Also, to SamAsh07 saying "to think of a hand-held GTA version is even more bizarre..." Clearly you've never played Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories on the PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night