d3co

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,
I'm playing GT5 right now and it is my first GT-game, so I'm a total noob and need help! Right now I'm trying the GT-Mode and I finished the first three cups but I don't get any prize cars? Why is that so..
Also it is frustrating how I have to buy a new car for each cup.. I don't have that much money since I have to tune every single car to make them competitive.. I don't get past the beginner series because my cars are so slow even after spending all my money one tuning.. Can somebody help me out? This game is not noobfriendly...

Thanks in advance
d3co

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
For the first few races, you shouldn't need to tune your car, compete in races that your car can handle and then save your cash until you can afford a relatively fast car (I chose a $100,000 Ferrari) afterwards, cash just begins to flow, once you can afford the Enzo Ferrari '03, get it, there's a seasonal event that's been open since June that gives you over $500,000 for 1st place, with a fully tuned Enzo Ferrari, that's a good money maker. Remember to do special events like the kart racing, good money makers.

Just to add: Cheap out on the first few cars you get, until you need a faster car (like the $100,000 Ferrari) makes it alot easier. Skip events that require a car for over $37,000 give or take. Go back to them when your making money and can afford $40,000 just like that.

d3co

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for your reply, but I need to buy cheap cars for example the classic Japanese race. I bought a Silvia something for that and every car just overtakes me so I end up to be the last every time. Another race is the YARIS race.
So I have to skip those races and go on with the amateur series?
And what about the prize cars? I read that you can win a car when you win a race, I already won 3 races with gold and I didn't get any cars..

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
d3co said:
Thanks for your reply, but I need to buy cheap cars for example the classic Japanese race. I bought a Silvia something for that and every car just overtakes me so I end up to be the last every time. Another race is the YARIS race.
So I have to skip those races and go on with the amateur series?
And what about the prize cars? I read that you can win a car when you win a race, I already won 3 races with gold and I didn't get any cars..
When checking out a new race look at the typical opponents before buying a car. It will give you a better idea of which cars will be competitive.

You don't win cars: you win prize tickets. These tickets must be redeemed to claim the car. Check the 'Car Delivery' icon (the little truck).

EDIT: You don't win prize cars for individual races: you have to win all the races in a particular cup before you're awarded a prize car (ticket).

d3co

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ahh, thank you Depravo, now I got the cars and I could do the special events to earn some money.. But it is so hard
biggrin.gif

And the Enzo Ferrari is 1million :/. Thought I was rich with my 80k Cr

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Also you can find a relatively short race (in terms of time) and replay it to get more cash so you can afford a faster car. Once you get up to the NASCAR series DON'T DO IT or spend the 500,000 on a NASCAR. Those cars are crap and I hate that tourney with a passion. Also the Ferrari 458 Italia was a great car for me at the beginning of the game and the Lamborghini Murcialago (the last one in the dealer) also was a really good investment for me early on. You'll get the hang of the game soon enough and then the money will just roll in
biggrin.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
d3co said:
Ahh, thank you Depravo, now I got the cars and I could do the special events to earn some money.. But it is so hard
biggrin.gif

Ferrari Schmerrari. You wait until you get a Bugatti Veyron (also around 1million in the online store). They eat Ferrari's for breakfast.

d3co

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying the amateur series now, any suggestions for a good cheap car? I bought a Ford Mustang but its handling is so bad.. Also it is too slow
frown.gif

Now I have a bit money, around 160k due to kart racing, the NASCAR thing is too hard. Don't know how to go on..

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
d3co said:
I'm trying the amateur series now, any suggestions for a good cheap car? I bought a Ford Mustang but its handling is so bad.. Also it is too slow
frown.gif

Now I have a bit money, around 160k due to kart racing, the NASCAR thing is too hard. Don't know how to go on..
Yeah, that's American muscle cars for you. They're built for power and looking cool. Speed and handling aren't even part of the equation. I love 'em.
wub.gif

My usual tactic when I repeatedly lose is to take note of which make/model cars are winning the race and then save up for one of same by winning easier races. Also keep an eye on the used car section for bargains.

d3co

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, I love the Mustang too, that was the second car I bought
biggrin.gif

But another question about the Yaris race in the beginner series, I won the Vitz from the Sunday Cup. Do I have to tune it? It is not competitive..

So I'm saving my money for a Bugatti then

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Depravo said:
d3co said:
biggrin.gif

Ferrari Schmerrari. You wait until you get a Bugatti Veyron (also around 1million in the online store). They eat Ferrari's for breakfast.
I suggested the Enzo Ferrari because there is a seasonal event that takes about 4 minutes for 500,000. Ferrari's only, repeatable as many times as you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2