GPD Win - The first windows handheld

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you a lot.
I already know about Killzone because its unplayable even on Surface Pro or Razer Edge.
Anyway i suppose Cold Winter would be a little better since i always played Deathmatch in Qatarra Rooftop, that's are a very little stage and only up to 4 players (both human and cpu); i've never did the story mode ;P
Same thing about Killzone, only deathmatch, but up to 15 characters in game so obviously i dont think GPD can handle this.
Which pcsx2 version you use? I heard about some games runs much better on PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875)

And maybe these settings (in the video) could help a lot since Razer Edge are not so much far from GPD specs:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gpd-win-the-first-windows-handheld.441098/page-3#post-7158400

Using the latest PCSX 1.4.0 and using 2.30 BIOS. I am thinking if the Surface Pro has the CPU I want in it, it would run perfectly. I think there are 5 different CPUs that can be selected. 2 Atoms, a i3-i7 versions. Me personally, I would drop a i7 and 16GB Ram in it. Would have to wait for Disability to get approved for that though. With the Specs I want, would be close to $3000

So I was planning on buying one of these. I've heard that the battery life is bad and it gets really hot real quick. Is this true? Is there anything else i should be aware of before buying it?

Depends on the Game being run and the Settings. I could run NSMB Wii with DX12 and it will just be warm. Runs great. Donkey Kong Country Returns on the other hand runs around 50-75% Speed depending on the Environment.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What Disability?
You dont like to test Crash Twinsanity (ps2) or Turtles games for Dolphin, uh? :D
I think the first TMNT game (2003) could run near perfect frame; its not a huge game.

I see in a video God of War II PAL run at 50fps on first stage on GPD Win by use of Pcsx2 1.2.1.
This is good, isn't?

(I wonder if a i7 surface pro can handle killzone; i see a surface i5 run ff xii, gow 2, crash nitro kart and other games at stable 60fps. Nice!)

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back -> Leg, Headaches. Love how VA is though. Keep getting the run around when I request a MRI/CT Scan with Contrast/Dye.

Yeah there are Games from another Region that run better than others. Would have to see each one though. Who knows, might get better results. I tried Simpsons Hit and Run on Dolphin and it runs Playable-SemiPlayable where the PS2 Version is NOT Playable. But yeah......thinking might try some EU Region Games to see if there is any change. Have to do that later though. Busy Morning

Edit: Just tried some EU Games for PS2. Slight improvement, but that is all.
Need for Speed Games are Slow and have Graphic Issues
GTA:VCS - Speed fluctuates like crazy. Depending on the Environments, amount of People, Vehicles, you will either have great FPS, or it will slam to about 25-50% Speed.
GTA:LCS - Extremely Slow. Not Playable
Burnout - Dominator: 25-50% Speed if you can get past the Tutorials.
Street Fighter EX3: about 50% Speed

Last edited by Smoker1,

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since i dont know in english symptoms or health problems, i hope you dont have any serious problems; in that case, i'm sorry for annoying you with my continuous questions. (maybe i might say sorry anyway for annoying with so many questions lol)

About GTA games i saw a videos, but for a such big game like GTA, was obvious that GPD Win cant handle it. Luckly GTAs have Pc version which surely run better on this device. (no savestates in this case unluckly lol)
I hope better about Super Farm and Crash Twinsanity (PAL) :D
(and TMNT for dolphin, always PAL)

EDIT:

- Microsoft Surface Pro 2
- Intel hd 4400
- intel core i5 U4200
- 128gb ssd
- 4gb ram
- Windows 8.1 pro

How possible this performance with such low specs?
MGS3 and GOW 2 at stable 60fps... Budokai Tenkaichi 3 as well...
I mean, i saw on ebay a surface pro 2 with 256gb ssd and 8 gb ram around 400-500 eur; i think i mighty looking forward on this when i'll have money.
It looks very great about ps2 emulation, don't you?

Last edited by Lord M,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back->Leg : Got a Disk Bulge that is messing with a Nerve that causes my Leg to go out on me at times. Will be walking and it will just feel like it is not there causing me to fall. Also have Headaches that can last for 3-5 Days in a Row. Moment I Wake-Up->Sleep->Wake-Up...... . Also due to these Problems, it plays hell with my Blood Pressure

Actually, the Surface Pro 2 sounds like the Specs beat the GPD Win except for the RAM. For that I would want 8-16GB .
GPD Win has a Intel Atom x5-z8700 which is less than the Intel i5 . From the Graphics description, it would be a LOT better than what the z8700 has.

I did see a Video where a guy replaced a Cell Phone's Storage Chip with a higher one. Required a Heating Gun and Solder. I asked if it could be done with the GPD along with the RAM, but so far no Reply. Would be nice to get 128GB and 8-16GB RAM if possible.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad they didn't cheap out on the gaming controls. ALPS and Omron switches FTW!
Actually the Stock Joysticks they use dont feel so good when using them. Had to replace both with the ACTUAL Vita Joysticks and also swap out the DPad with a N3DS DPad. Works and looks much better.
IMAG0203.jpg

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Actually the Stock Joysticks they use dont feel so good when using them. Had to replace both with the ACTUAL Vita Joysticks and also swap out the DPad with a N3DS DPad. Works and looks much better.
View attachment 81026

Aw, that's sad. I thought it was good a build. How's the screen for gaming? Is it too small or just enough?

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah, Smoky, i forget: you think Surface Pro 2 can stream games and emulators on other device, such as ps vita?
Idk how many specs power needed for this.

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can buy a REAL notebook or build a desktop pc with 330 bucks and it will run perfectly every consols
This IS a real PC. In fact, I like to think it's a small glimpse of the future for portable devices. Most desktop I know of don't come with gaming controls either.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This IS a real PC. In fact, I like to think it's a small glimpse of the future for portable devices. Most desktop I know of don't come with gaming controls either.
man, pc comps are cheap as hell nowdays, with 300 u can build a mid end gaming laptop using AMD comps and it'll able to handle GTAV at 60fps mid settings, just spend 30 to get keymouse.

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without a fast GPU the system is too weak, especially for emulation of 3D games. Better wait for the Android based GPD XD2 which will likely have a much faster GPU, probably multiple times faster than the Switch.

After the new chips will be available, a new Windows version will likely follow.

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man, pc comps are cheap as hell nowdays, with 300 u can build a mid end gaming laptop using AMD comps and it'll able to handle GTAV at 60fps mid settings, just spend 30 to get keymouse.

I believe the point of this device is to have an 'on the go, fit in your pocket laptop' How many other Windows 10 gaming laptops can you name that fit inside your pocket? Please, do point me in the direction of one.

I understand that there are alternatives out there that are cheaper but it's unique in the sense that this is the first portable Windows gaming PC.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I was just thinking the Surface Pro 2 Specs seem like they are better Equipped.
If anything, think of the GPD Win as a POC Device to see that it could be done. Now that it is done, can only hope it gets vastly Improved. Thinking I may have found replacement Storage/RAM for it so hoping I can find out if I can up the Specs slightly. Adding more RAM to the Graphics might help out and lower the strain on the CPU.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That is so far wrong.. No $300 laptop can handle GTA V on medium settings and 60fps

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unfortunately too expensive here in Brazil, going for about R$1700 ( $550 ), more expensive than my laptop and that beats it in literally every way by a large margin.
I'd get it if it was cheaper though, I'd definetly sell my Windows tablet to buy one of these.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I believe the point of this device is to have an 'on the go, fit in your pocket laptop' How many other Windows 10 gaming laptops can you name that fit inside your pocket? Please, do point me in the direction of one.

I understand that there are alternatives out there that are cheaper but it's unique in the sense that this is the first portable Windows gaming PC.
man, a real pc gamer seeks the quality over the portability, otherwise self building a gaming pc would lose any sense.

That is so far wrong.. No $300 laptop can handle GTA V on medium settings and 60fps
MY BAD, i meant desktop, instead laptop... i seen rarely people build by themselves a laptop LOL

Last edited by leon315,
Reactions: Smoker1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night