XP
Country
Italy

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is OT / not handle console, but i post here for not open new thread for nothing.
How possible such low price for this laptop? I saw less-featured laptop with higher price than this, and i suppose, with these specs, can handle a 60fps pcsx2, i'm right?
(maybe this laptop could break easily lol)

Depends on the Game and the Settings.
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: 75-100% In-Game, but Menus and Videos, beyond Full Speed. Big time.
Capcom vs. SNK 2: Same as Above
Family Guy: 50-80%
Smash Cars: 80-100%
Burnout Revenge: 25-50%
Dont even want to think of what God of War I and II would be/need. LOL

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Depends on the Game and the Settings.
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: 75-100% In-Game, but Menus and Videos, beyond Full Speed. Big time.
Capcom vs. SNK 2: Same as Above
Family Guy: 50-80%
Smash Cars: 80-100%
Burnout Revenge: 25-50%
Dont even want to think of what God of War I and II would be/need. LOL
Why not? I see Razer Edge Pto run God of War II at full speed 60fps and are much less powerful than that laptop...

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Might then. Just need to get another USB for it and will Test. I got GoW:GoS working on PPSSPP, but GoW:CoO gives a Black Screen, but the Audio Plays like Normal.
http://gpdwin.wikia.com/wiki/GPDWin_Wiki
Maybe you didn't notice my little note about a short off topic :D
I asked about (off-topic) that laptop pc, in the amazon link.
I wanted to know if can handle 60fps pcsx2 with so low price, but maybe its obvious because razer edge pro is more weaker and can run GOW II at 60 frame.
800 buckets for a laptop with i7, 2.6 base ghz, up to 3.5, 8 GB ram and 4 Gb graphic card aren't strangely low price for these high specs?

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Usually you tried game settings from dolphin.wikia for GC games? (obviously an exeption for native resolution multiplier lol)

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Eh, that i meant.
Try TMNT and Sands of Time :D

P.S: Since im noob about PC, can you tell me how possible, in this video, his GHZ with i7-3770K is equal to 4.6 when a i7-3770K can go up max to 3.90?

Last edited by Lord M,

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, i supposed he had overclocked his CPU, but aren't in range of 3.50-3.90Ghz?
I mean: i thought the Turbo Boost was the same thing of overclocking (in this case, i thought 3.90Ghz Turbo boost mean that 3.90 was the max overclocking of 3770k)
So Turbo boost and overclocking aren't the same thing?

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

This guy said, in another video, that his Razer Edge Pro turbo was 2.2Ghz; how is possible, as he said, he can run many ps2 games at 60fps? GPD Win have 2.5Ghz as max turbo.
I suppose right that maybe it might be influenced by the fact Razer Edge have 2GB VRam when GPD Win have only 512mb? lol

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, what's the problems to have so much trouble to handle pcsx2 and wii games?
I mean: i see REP (Razer Edge Pro) handle many ps2 games at 60fps, and much more at great performance and very playable, and its max turbo was only 500Mhz plus over GPD Win (GPD 2.5 vs REP 3.0)
I want to say, there might be a few framerate between GPD and REP if we see not much specs difference, but when REP run GOW II at 60fps, GPD laucnh GOW 1 around 10-15fps. Too much differences...
Maybe count the processor compatibility? Because REP have an i7 cpu...

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That could be 1 factor. It all depends on Hardware, and what Settings you use for each Game. Settings for 1 Game will work great, but for another will hurt it. Trick is to find the right Settings for each Game and Note them down. Not to mention though, the GPD Win is running off of the CPU Graphics. So that will run the CPU more. Every Processor for Intel will have a internal Graphics capability. Mostly HD Graphics. In order to run most Games, you need a AMD or NVIDIA Graphics. Intel HD Graphics Built into the Processor will not cut it for most.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So you think GPD can handle Super Farm and Crash Twinsanity for pcsx2 and TMNT2003 and TMNT 3 Mutant Nightmare for dolphin?
These games are not "heavy" games and are a very important part of my childhood (and so, i really want them as portable)
Maybe you can get a try... :D

I suppose no hope for Cold Winter and Killzone for ps2, right?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will see what I can do. No promises. If anything, will also Post it on the GPD Wiki

Edit:
Cold Winter (PS2): Seems to be Playable enough. Anywhere from 50-70% Speed depending on Environment.
KillZone (PS2): Seems like it Locks up after the KillZone loading, but it crashes to 1-2% Speed showing a Blank Screen then VERY slowly going into the Intro. D3D11 HW seems to improve just slightly

Edit: Tried God of War I & II : I is mostly Playable depending on the Environment, but II is Semi-Playable around 30-40% Speed

Last edited by Smoker1,

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you a lot.
I already know about Killzone because its unplayable even on Surface Pro or Razer Edge.
Anyway i suppose Cold Winter would be a little better since i always played Deathmatch in Qatarra Rooftop, that's are a very little stage and only up to 4 players (both human and cpu); i've never did the story mode ;P
Same thing about Killzone, only deathmatch, but up to 15 characters in game so obviously i dont think GPD can handle this.
Which pcsx2 version you use? I heard about some games runs much better on PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875)

And maybe these settings (in the video) could help a lot since Razer Edge are not so much far from GPD specs:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gpd-win-the-first-windows-handheld.441098/page-3#post-7158400

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was planning on buying one of these. I've heard that the battery life is bad and it gets really hot real quick. Is this true? Is there anything else i should be aware of before buying it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free