Hacking Got banned

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Actually, it's VERY possible we got another banwave out of nowhere, TWO private seeds of mine (a main and a backup one) both got banned like 20 mins ago and the weird thing is that I didn't even touch anything I don't have as cartridge or anything I didn't download from the eshop in like a MONTH now!:/ What the hell is going on? On my backup one I literally had ran FBI ONCE and that was it, nothing else before backing it up 2 months ago. My error is 002-0102.

EDIT: PS: Can you remind me which of the countless threads is the one with unban instructions? Forgot the name of it and without that the search comes up with the myriad junk threads asking the same thing...

Last edited by ThoD,
Reactions: PriMieon

JAWS_XS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I've never played a 3ds game online. The only "online" was the festival plaza just recently. Never battled online. I just checked on the global mission and got the 002-0102.

This is the first time I've been banned. Still have the Nintendo shop.

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys, I've never played a 3ds game online. The only "online" was the festival plaza just recently. Never battled online. I just checked on the global mission and got the 002-0102.

What festival plaza?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

For me, for the past month, all I've done is literally keep my Omega Ruby open at all times (putting the system in sleep mode instead of turning off) and it's a CARTRIDGE.

Like seriously, what did they even go and use as justification for this ban? I've only pirated ONE game (FE:Fates just to see if it was worth the 60€) and that's it! I have well over 350 legit bought games from the eshop amounting to like 5000+€ total paid! And what's funny is that I was actually intending to buy some more soon, thanks a lot Ninty!

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a console that got banned. Was using my own private seed, and I had spotpass sharing off and hid my titles in the friend's menu.

I did nearly all of my homebrew app activities through the homebrew launcher, and I launched the homebrew launcher through spotpass. However, I did occasionally use apps launched via cias while connected to the Internet, just to keep them up to date because OCD.

I also did go into the eshop, and I did play online in Pokemon UltraMoon and other titles. This system was banned in last year's wave.

I've already unbanned it for the moment, but I am at least curious about what 3DS process snitched on me. I'm hoping it was the eshop; I'm fearing that simply playing online betrays my other activities to Nintendo.

My other 3ds is still not banned. Kinda bummed about losing a private seed, but that was the risk.

Lastly, I want to beg you all not to get wrapped up in "banwave" hysteria. While the ban process appears to be at least partially manual (otherwise it would be happening way more often), it would be retarded to assume that Nintendo isn't logging your activity whenever you go online. If you use their services while breaking their terms of service, you risk getting banned at some point. If you cannot handle that risk, then hacking your system was a mistake.

For me, for the past month, all I've done is literally keep my Omega Ruby open at all times (putting the system in sleep mode instead of turning off) and it's a CARTRIDGE.

Like seriously, what did they even go and use as justification for this ban? I've only pirated ONE game (FE:Fates just to see if it was worth the 60€) and that's it! I have well over 350 legit bought games from the eshop amounting to like 5000+€ total paid! And what's funny is that I was actually intending to buy some more soon, thanks a lot Ninty!

Lol seriously? You've broken their terms of service by even hacking your console, let alone by pirating even a single game.

Does it suck that you're banned? Yup. One of my consoles is banned too. But own up to the fact that each of us earned our bans fair and square.

Last edited by kingaz,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a console that got banned. Was using my own private seed, and I had spotpass sharing off and hid my titles in the friend's menu.

I did nearly all of my homebrew app activities through the homebrew launcher, and I launched the homebrew launcher through spotpass. However, I did occasionally use apps launched via cias while connected to the Internet, just to keep them up to date because OCD.

I also did go into the eshop, and I did play online in Pokemon UltraMoon and other titles. This system was banned in last year's wave.

I've already unbanned it for the moment, but I am at least curious about what 3DS process snitched on me. I'm hoping it was the eshop; I'm fearing that simply playing online betrays my other activities to Nintendo.

My other 3ds is still not banned. Kinda bummed about losing a private seed, but that was the risk.

Lastly, I want to beg you all not to get wrapped up in "banwave" hysteria. While the ban process appears to be at least partially manual (otherwise it would be happening way more often), it would be retarded to assume that Nintendo isn't logging your activity whenever you go online. If you use their services while breaking their terms of service, you risk getting banned at some point. If you cannot handle that risk, then hacking your system was a mistake.
What Nintendo knows, is what FW you have (not if you have OFW or CFW), what game you are currently running (or last one you used if you don't have one open at the moment) and some other things like associated NNID, etc.. Hiding what you do on the friend list accomplishes nothing and the sending of information is mainly only during games.

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Nintendo knows, is what FW you have (not if you have OFW or CFW), what game you are currently running (or last one you used if you don't have one open at the moment) and some other things like associated NNID, etc.. Hiding what you do on the friend list accomplishes nothing and the sending of information is mainly only during games.

Oh I know - the spotpass and current title options were simply things that could snitch on us to Ninty that we could also turn off. So either there are processes in our games (or maybe the eshop) that can provide some telemetry to Nintendo and tell them that we're running FBI or other CIAs, or they can compare our activity of the games we actually play with games we've purchased from them to determine if we pirated them.

Alternatively, perhaps they noticed that I unbanned my console, and simply banned me again based on my past transgressions.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

FeFares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got banned too and was using private. I did messed around with PkHex and played a custom rom of Pokemon Ultra Sun.

I don't know if it is coincidence, but i registered my Pokemon Ultra Sun in the Game Sync some hours prior to my ban.

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
non of my 4 consoles have been banned YET on my main I do play lots of Vc injections that I've made and use ftp a lot
my wireless is always on I've gone online in Pokemon sun twice and recently played street fighter 4 against other people

it is worth mentioning I only have 3 registered friend codes
and non of them have a linked Nintendo account since before the last banwave

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It seems that it was caused by the 1.2 patch for Pokemon USUM, as that's by far the most common thing between the people getting banned this time around. Someone needs to look into what that patch brought that could have triggered bans...

Reactions: Tac 21

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Got banned too and was using private. I did messed around with PkHex and played a custom rom of Pokemon Ultra Sun.

I don't know if it is coincidence, but i registered my Pokemon Ultra Sun in the Game Sync some hours prior to my ban.
Using Game Sync with hacked mons is confirmed to cause bans, and a romhack with edited encounters or mons would probably count as that. But from what I hear that's only a ban of your Game Sync ID, maybe that has changed now with the latest update.
Game Freak has even publicized how many people they banned from Game Sync.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Using Game Sync with hacked mons is confirmed to cause bans, and a romhack with edited encounters or mons would probably count as that. But from what I hear that's only a ban of your Game Sync ID, maybe that has changed now with the latest update.
Game Freak has even publicized how many people they banned from Game Sync.
In Pokemon, it indeed is only in-game ban, so this one is irrelevant to bans from cheating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"