Hardware Got a new 3DS, want to use WebBrowser, but im scare of the firmware updates

NortenoDelSur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Its brand new, and comes with 4.2 firmware, but i read that the gateway only works with this old firmwares. So my question is: Can I connect to the internet and avoid the update?
Its better to let it update?

Thanks ;)

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, you can connect to the internet. The only problem is that your system will nag you to install the update when you wake the 3DS from sleep mode. Of course, that's if you're the average user and never blocked Nintendo's download servers for the updates through your router.

In other words, make sure you ALWAYS decline the system update prompt.

Reactions: cvskid

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the web browser is crap, not sure why you would want to use it
just dont connect it, buy a getway and setup emunand

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to update inorder to use the web browser butI hardly see why you would want to its crappy & I constantly get communication errors & sometimes the page doesn't finish loading hopefully there will be a homebrew browser in the future

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Its brand new, and comes with 4.2 firmware, but i read that the gateway only works with this old firmwares. So my question is: Can I connect to the internet and avoid the update?
Its better to let it update?

Thanks ;)
Yes. If you have a Gateway, you can also enable the internet connection only on the emuNAND so you won't get the update nag on your regular NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4