Gaming Got a great deal - Nintendo 2DS Pokemon Blue limited edition + games

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

first off, yeah, I need to show off, I bought 2DS Pokemon Blue edition from local site. It costed me $80 and with it, also got Pokemon Platinum and Heartgold. Probably the best deal ever I managed to get if you consider that those consoles aren't anymore sold anywhere and cost on ebay around $200+.

Now when I checked everything, I noticed that previous owner most likely did system format (or maybe transfer, but I believe more that he formatted it) and Pokemon Blue isn't installed anymore. Is there maybe a way to reinstall game since console doesn't have any kind of download code? I still have original SD card which came with console.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

first off, yeah, I need to show off, I bought 2DS Pokemon Blue edition from local site. It costed me $80 and with it, also got Pokemon Platinum and Heartgold. Probably the best deal ever I managed to get if you consider that those consoles aren't anymore sold anywhere and cost on ebay around $200+.

Now when I checked everything, I noticed that previous owner most likely did system format (or maybe transfer, but I believe more that he formatted it) and Pokemon Blue isn't installed anymore. Is there maybe a way to reinstall game since console doesn't have any kind of download code? I still have original SD card which came with console.
Not to burst your bubble, but looking on eBay, you paid about what the system normally goes for lol. Still good if you were after it though. Anyway. If they linked their NNID, the copy of Pokemon Blue became associated with their ID, and upon format, is impossible to get back. If they didn't link an NNID, I think you'd be able to go to the eShop and look at the download list. You might be lucky and have it there to redownload, but I doubt it.

Edit: I'm being a pleb, you got a really good deal with Platinum and HG lol. $80 is what the console would usually fetch.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
$80 is normal price for new (unused) 2DS-not limited editon or maybe Mario kart edition. This is Pokemon Blue 20th anniversary edition, which cost at least 3x more.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
$80 is normal price for new (unused) 2DS-not limited editon or maybe Mario kart edition. This is Pokemon Blue 20th anniversary edition, which cost at least 3x more.
The listings you're looking at are for new systems. Of course they'd be extortionate. There are no sold or current listings of pre-owned ones on eBay US, so I can see why you'd come to that conclusion. Check eBay UK and you'll see they're going for between £60 ($77) and £80 ($103).

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
11.5 update T_T anyway to avoid it?

System is currently on 11.4, I might hack it eventually.
You can hold A+R+L+Up to boot it into Safe Mode, which should clear the update if it's already downloaded. After that, just keep it offline to stop it redownloading. Even when it's downloaded, the system will never force you to install it (unlike it's more modern brothers and sisters), so if you you keep your wits about you, you should be alright.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does it reduces my chances of getting back Pokemon Blue?
Honestly, you probably won't get the legitimate download back. Once you've installed CFW, you could always just install it again via less than legitimate means or even by buying it, but that's on you.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Managed to redownload it, also found that previous owner left Tomodachi life game on eshop account or it might be just another free game

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Managed to redownload it, also found that previous owner left Tomodachi life game on eshop account or it might be just another free game
Good to hear! Is it Tomodachi Life, or is it Welcome Edition? Welcome Edition was pre installed on newer systems if memory serves, but just Tomodachi Life is the paid version ^^

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's welcome edition, but still who cares. I'm pretty happy since I managed to get my hands on those 20th anniversary 2DS. My favorites. Been looking for one more than a year already.

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's welcome edition, but still who cares. I'm pretty happy since I managed to get my hands on those 20th anniversary 2DS. My favorites. Been looking for one more than a year already.
I always wanted the Pokemon Green Edition but it was sadly exclusive to Japan. The emerald look it has is just lush.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, green is also awesome. What about theme? I do own code, but seems like previous owner already used it. I tried to use code on my other system and couldn't gt it. I need to try it on original system

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, green is also awesome. What about theme? I do own code, but seems like previous owner already used it. I tried to use code on my other system and couldn't gt it. I need to try it on original system
It seems as though they left everything on it, so try the Theme Store and see if it's available to redownload. It's possible they used that one on another system since it's a code, but I'd say it's unlikely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended