Hacking Got a Gateway 3DS

Heitomos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a Gateway 3DS and it seems to be alright, and I have all the parts, but I'm a little worried because it came in a sandwich baggie. Should I be worried about this? I bought it from ModChipCentral and it was delivered by UPS.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're worried it might be a fake or something well as long as it works with the original firmware as far as we know it isn't.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, unless you want to play retail carts like pokemon or animal crossing, your safest bet would be to stay on the 1.2 GW launcher until the whole bricking fiasco is sorted out.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change the end of the filename from Gateway's website from

GW_BETA_RELEASE_2.0b2.zip

to

GW_BETA_RELEASE_2.0b1.zip

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Did it not come in a Blue official Gateway box wrapped around with white bubbly paper and inclosed in a tight heated edged bubble blue lined wrap?, just the cartridges in a bag? If that is so sounds a bit dodgy be warned could be a clone.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I read something recently about some reseller waiting weeks for the cardboard boxes to be shipped so they started shipping without the box, it may be the same site in question

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I read something recently about some reseller waiting weeks for the cardboard boxes to be shipped so they started shipping without the box, it may be the same site in question

Yeah could be, mine was a very recent order though so it probably came with the box etc..

Seems his online retailer is on the GW reseller list so I would of thought no problems anyway.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My replacement red cart from MCC came like that, too, loose in just a plastic bag. It works flawlessly. The original cart I had received before was defective, never could get it to work right (always getting the message "The game cart has been removed"). Due to the brick code in 2.02b, I think it's pretty risky to test a Gateway cart for the first time with it, just in case the cart is defective and triggers the brick code. Test with a previous version, as suggested.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
Resellers receive cards in bulk with flatpack packaging so its upto them to package it nicely before sending or just send bits in a random bag. Tbh there isnt any difference.
Could I get a link to the safer firmware for it?
2.0b1 crashes often (no bricking) so you are better off with 1.2 which is at GW_Release_1.2.zip doesn't let some games run but hey it won't get on your nerves.

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just got a Gateway 3DS and it seems to be alright, and I have all the parts, but I'm a little worried because it came in a sandwich baggie. Should I be worried about this? I bought it from ModChipCentral and it was delivered by UPS.

Don't worry, you're not the only one who got a flat package with the Cartridges laying around in a bag completely unprotected from ModChipCentral. I was quite disappointed to be honest, it doesn't take that long to put them into the plastic enclosure and into the Gateway branded package.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't worry, you're not the only one who got a flat package with the Cartridges laying around in a bag completely unprotected from ModChipCentral. I was quite disappointed to be honest, it doesn't take that long to put them into the plastic enclosure and into the Gateway branded package.
On ModChipCentral's defense, though, the loose cart in a plastic bag I received was in a UPS bubble-padded envelope, which was in another UPS bubble-padded envelope, with my street address on it. The chances were pretty slim that it would get damaged in transit.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I did read something about some resellers. Where sent the cards without the packaging, which they where waiting to receive separately, so just decided to post out without it as they had pre orders etc and had been waiting weeks for the cardboard box to arrive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte