Hacking Got 3.20 Vita 2000 today

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
No worries.

By the way once you have sorted the exploit out for the PSVita and got it running where do you put the apps like DaedalusX64, gpsp and SNES and roms for that matter to work? Which is the best app for the psvita to use homebrew like I have mentioned i.e there is the normal PSP home screen, HBL, 138 etc..? There seems so many different mods to use with the PSVita so which is the best?

D

Deleted-355425

By the way once you have sorted the exploit out for the PSVita and got it running where do you put the apps like DaedalusX64, gpsp and SNES and roms for that matter to work? Which is the best app for the psvita to use homebrew like I have mentioned i.e there is the normal PSP home screen, HBL, 138 etc..? There seems so many different mods to use with the PSVita so which is the best?
I will write you up which and how to install when I'm home from work.

D

Deleted-355425

sorry for the delay,

ok once you have epsp installed and can boot it up from the exploited game, you can either send emulators and other software to the vita via a FTP program or use the CMA on the pc.

to use FTP you need to install the FTP on your pc and vita (epsp doesnt come with it pre installed anymore so to use it you need to install it) CMA method is fast data transfer but involves alot of messing around, where as FTP is easy but takes slightly longer to send roms over.

to install software you need to send them to the directory 'ms0:/PSP/GAME/'

so we do this by taking all the emulators and software and putting them in a folder called GAME, then put that in a folder called PSP, zipping it up with no compression and renaming to INSTALL.ZIP

i have added most of the good emulators and FTP software into a ZIP for you, so all you need to do is send it over to the vita from your pc with CMA,

-Navigate to My Documents from the start menu on windows
-Open PS VITA directory and go into the PSAVEDATA then into the folder with a long name and find the folder which contains the exploited game you installed should be along the lines of 'ULES01078' or similar.
-Drag the INSTALL.ZIP folder and put it inside the ULES01078 folder.
- Plug your vita into the PC,
-Open the CMA app on the vita and go to PC transfer>save files>and import the save game for the exploit game, it will ask if you wish to overwrite and press yes and let it send over.
- when its done quit out of CMA and load the exploit game and trigger it by loading the save or what ever it is to trigger it and enter ePSP mode,
- when you install each emulator or software in here you need to refresh the epsp by coming out of the game folder and opening image folder for example then backing out and go back to the game folder to see the new thing you installed, this is just refreshing the screen after each install or it wont show up what you installed until you restart epsp or refresh like i just showed you,
-Install all the emulators and FTP program, next you want to add roms to the emulator folders, to do this you need to make sure your vita wifi is on and connected.
-On the ePSP menu (1st row of options) before you had a connect button, this will have now changed into FTP connet, load it up ad wait for it to load
-It will give you the IP address of the vita,
-Next install a FTP program to your PC, i advse 'Filezilla' as i can guide you how to setup the required settings so you dont screw up anything and avoid software bugs on ePSP and FTP, this FTP is also FREE to use.
- Install filezilla and load it up and goto settings for it.
-You want these settings set exactly as i say:

1. Change the maximum number or concurrent connections to 1, if you dont do this sending files across will go corrupt.
2. Change default transfer mode to active
3. Change default transfer behaviour to binary

with these 3 settings you will get good speeds, no corruptions etc.

-Now get the vitas IP and enter it into filezilla's login name, you dont need a password and hit connect.

You will log into the vita and see the directorates below, navigate inside the PSP>GAME>emulator and find its rom folder, drag and drop the roms in here.

Thats it, you have roms in the emulators directory to run, you can now load the emulator form the epsp game menu and play your roms. You can send vita roms across the same way also.

Here is the INSTALL.ZIP i pre made for you, feel free to open it up and add more things to install of remove things etc, you could also open the zip and goto the emulators folder and go into its rom folder and drop your roms in there and its all contained in the ZIP then.

enjoy.

this file is all free to use emulators, NO ROMS included, all can be downloaded from wololo.net

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=60089831904541525436

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you Mech, much luv :)

Edit: Thanks for the install package, everything there is what I wanted so you have saved me some time and effort also found out my Vita is on 3.01 not 3.10, don't know if that is any different to what I want to do with it?

D

Deleted-355425

just noticed i started off the sentance once uninstalled LOL meant installed.... just edited it.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
just noticed i started off the sentance once uninstalled LOL meant installed.... just edited it.

Your guides are excellent, obviously I have not set anything up as yet but I do need to know cause I will do it all on Christmas Day, gives me something to do so yes all your info is very helpful for me, I have copy & pasted it all into a TxT Document so I can print it all out and read as I go along!. If you think of anything important I need to know please tell me?. Thanks again for your time, your a star!!! :)

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Mech how does the PS1 Loader work, do you know where to get files etc.. and what I need to do for that please?. I'm going to get Tekken 2 of PSN Store for that. :)

D

Deleted-355425

Mech how does the PS1 Loader work, do you know where to get files etc.. and what I need to do for that please?. I'm going to get Tekken 2 of PSN Store for that. :)

get the sports super bike 2 ...one instead its 100x better for ps1 loader, you need to be on firmware 3.18 too.

Heres the exploit saves for sports super bike 2 http://zload.net/v2/archives/file/?id=2417942
and for tekken 2, i say the other is better because to trigger this you have to start a fight and sit and let the pc win the round lol. tekken 2 exploit files http://zload.net/v2/archives/file/?id=2417941

download the game like any other with ps3, put the exploit files in the save folder for it and send across to thee vita with openCMA and the pc like you did for the psp game and exploit to install epsp.

now you need to send across the PS1 roms and put them on the vita, id do this with FTP and send them to the ISO folder on ms0:/ISO/

Run ya exploit, and trigger it, select ya game and play... you can send games across to the vita with CMA but you have to rename them and it can over write iso's if you number them wrong. ALSO make sure that the iso's have a very short name, like bomberman.iso make sure its BM.ISO in caps.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
get the superbike one instead its 100x better for ps1 loader, you need to be on firmware 3.18 too.

You have to be on 3.18 for it too work?, the PS1 loader wont work on anything below 3.18?. Can you not run PS1 games through epsp instead?

D

Deleted-355425

You have to be on 3.18 for it too work?, the PS1 loader wont work on anything below 3.18?. Can you not run PS1 games through epsp instead?

edited my post with instructions,

yes you can play ps1 isos through ePSP, but some games may experience problems with sound or slow downs, very few from what ive read, they can be installed by getting your iso and renaming it to GAME1.ISO and the next GAME2.ISO and putting them in the exploit save folder again and moving them over with CMA or just use the FTP function and put them in the ISO folder.

the ps1 loaders work with 3.18 only pretty much, alot of games wont run on anything below 3.18

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country

yes you can play ps1 isos through ePSP, but some games may experience problems with sound or slow downs, very few from what ive read, they can be installed by getting your iso and renaming it to GAME1.ISO and the next GAME2.ISO and putting them in the exploit save folder again and moving them over with CMA or just use the FTP function and put them in the ISO folder.

the ps1 loaders work with 3.18 only pretty much, alot of games wont run on anything below 3.18

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated :)

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country

I have downloaded my two games today Space Invaders Extreme and as you said to me Superbike 2, now can the PS1 Loader only work on FW3.18 because I want to use also VHBL on my PSVita but I have read you can use Space invaders Extreme for the exploit but your PSVita needs to be on 3.15 or below for it to work so I don't want to update my PSVita to 3.18 just because of this to use the PS1 Loader. What do I do for the best? Thanks again :)

D

Deleted-355425

I have downloaded my two games today Space Invaders Extreme and as you said to me Superbike 2, now can the PS1 Loader only work on FW3.18 because I want to use also VHBL on my PSVita but I have read you can use Space invaders Extreme for the exploit but your PSVita needs to be on 3.15 or below for it to work so I don't want to update my PSVita to 3.18 just because of this to use the PS1 Loader. What do I do for the best? Thanks again :)

VHBL is just a very cut down version of ePSP (kexploit) it will only play a few emulators and not as good as ePSP, the PS1 loader with superbike will play some ps1 on lower then 3.18 but it was really meant for 3.18 and has 99.9% compatability.

VHBL is what people who missed the boat on the kexploit with ePSP, wouldnt waste your time with it,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
VHBL is just a very cut down version of ePSP (kexploit) it will only play a few emulators and not as good as ePSP, the PS1 loader with superbike will play some ps1 on lower then 3.18 but it was really meant for 3.18 and has 99.9% compatability.

VHBL is what people who missed the boat on the kexploit with ePSP, wouldnt waste your time with it,

OK thanks for the heads up on that one!. I will scrap the VHBL then, sounds a bit rubbishy tbh by with what you say but I will give the PS1 Loader ago on 3.01FW and see cause I didn't really want to update at all. I'm on 3.01FW by the way, sorry not 3.10FW what I said earlier on in my comments, got my figures the wrong way round after having another look at the vita but its irrelevant really anyway with what I am doing with the vita. Thanks :)

Edit: By the way I meant to ask you are you getting excited for the new 9x Gateway exploit in the near future?. I have seen some of your comments so I presume you have a 3DS of some sort as well?. I already have 2 3DS's on 4.5.0 with GW so its not so interesting to me but I do have a New Nintendo 3DSLL on order when they arrive in January in the UK so hopefully it will work with that on 9X hopefully with the special games like Mario Sunshine & Twilight Princess that have been leaked for March 2015, I doubt very much! lol.

D

Deleted-355425

OK thanks for the heads up on that one!. I will scrap the VHBL then, sounds a bit rubbishy tbh by with what you say but I will give the PS1 Loader ago on 3.01FW and see cause I didn't really want to update at all. I'm on 3.01FW by the way, sorry not 3.10FW what I said earlier on in my comments, got my figures the wrong way round after having another look at the vita but its irrelevant really anyway with what I am doing with the vita. Thanks :)

Edit: By the way I meant to ask you are you getting excited for the new 9x Gateway exploit in the near future?. I have seen some of your comments so I presume you have a 3DS of some sort as well?. I already have 2 3DS's on 4.5.0 with GW so its not so interesting to me but I do have a New Nintendo 3DSLL on order when they arrive in January in the UK so hopefully it will work with that on 9X.

2 XL x 4.x
3 XL x 9.x
i know, i know why have so many.. i have ocd :|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.