Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
via AndroidPolice

Techradar said:
With Android and Chrome OS, Google already has its fair share of operating systems to work on, but there's apparently another coming down the pipe: Android Police spotted a reference to Fuchsia ("a new operating system") in some code left on GitHub.

Unlike Chrome OS and Android, Fuchsia won't be based on Linux, and that suggests Google wants it to be able to run on devices of every size, shape and scale - think smart thermostats, car dashboards and wearables, where the Linux kernel can be overkill.

It would still be able to run on smartphones and computers, and based on the code that's available it looks like there are some advanced security and graphics features being prepped here.

I don't know how familiar with mobile OSs, but it sounds remarkably like Blackberry's QNX and BB10 OS which would be a great thing. I'm not formulating one of my rants yet, but this sounds like a logical and much-needed move. Allows them to build security into the core and builds a framework that allows Google to keep ALL devices up to date. And it can still have full support with the Google Play library by running all the Android OS apps in a sandboxed runtime like Blackberry 10 does.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats really good news!
This is how Android should have been in the first place.
Sandboxed apps are really secure, and it's how all apps should be used in OS's.
I seen a great video by Tom Scott explaining why it's how operating systems should work, yet modern OS's still don't use it. (I'll add it here once i re find it)
Also, I think every Android phone should look the same when it's stock, whether it's by the manufacture or not. Then give the user the ability to mod/theme any aspect of their phone. Also have UAC (user account control) like SuperSU by default so you can grant or deny any app root privilages, like Windows does. Also I'd like to point out that every computer/laptop can run Windows will be able to run the most up to date version, so I think phone manufactures should only be able to control device drivers/kernel to support their phone instead of heavily themeing and/or bloating it :whip:. Its stupid how bloatware is installed as a System app, where if there is bloatware on a pre built computer, you can easily uninstall it.

Reactions: hoksyjp

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GG world.
Put more "smart" things in every day appliances.
Next thing you'll know, US government is secretly installing spying equipment in them and spy on you.

Sometimes, I don't even want to live on this stupid planet anymore.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GG world.
Next thing you'll know, US government is secretly installing spying equipment in them and spy on you.

images

RMS is right ya know!

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GG world.

Plus you run the risk of household objects becoming self-aware and murdering you in your sleep.

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GG world.

Don't worry about the NSA. Worry about random hackers because your "smart" waffle iron uses the default authentication admin/admin and cannot be changed.

Really, if you're going to be paranoid, then at least be paranoid about the actual threats otherwise you just come off a bit silly.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about the NSA. Worry about random hackers because your "smart" waffle iron uses the default authentication admin/admin and cannot be changed.

Really, if you're going to be paranoid, then at least be paranoid about the actual threats otherwise you just come off a bit silly.
BTW what operating system do you use?

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Chrome OS yes
Android No.
Why change something that isn't broken? Something like dual booting, or that you can choose which one you want, but completely replacing wouldn't be a smart move in my opinion. Its nice to give customers different options, but replacing a great OS has more cons than pros.

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I think it's stupid to put philosophy over practicality. Not everyone can spend their time obsessing over the perfect OS configuration. I'd rather spend my time on more fun or useful things, and put trust in a company that would be tarred and feathered by the security community if it pulled ANY of they shit you suspect of it. This is not 1990, where Microsoft can get away with an OS with more holes than cheesecloth.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,
Reactions: zeello

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Please understand the concept of sarcasm...

Reactions: Justinde75

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8