Gaming Good Rhythm Games?

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Taikojiiro (Taiko no Tatsujin) << Best one, I like this one soooo much, the taiko mode here is better than the taiko mode in osu! (tho it has only local multiplayer)
Osu! (EBA / Ouendan )
Lunatic Rave 2 (BEATMania IIDX PC)
Stepmania (Dance Dance Revolution)
K-Shoot Mania (SoundVoltex aka SDVX)
O2Mania (O2Jam)

All of the above are rhythm game for pc based and have either a built in or separate beatmap / notechart creator so you can make your own maps if you ever feel like it.
If you click on the name of the game it should redirect you to a YouTube video with some pretty hard maps (just to see what you could possibly one day be playing like).
These are the ones I personally know and have played, if there are others I'd like to know too :D

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taikojiiro (Taiko no Tatsujin) << Best one, I like this one soooo much, the taiko mode here is better than the taiko mode in osu! (tho it has only local multiplayer)
Osu! (EBA / Ouendan )
Lunatic Rave 2 (BEATMania IIDX PC)
Stepmania (Dance Dance Revolution)
K-Shoot Mania (SoundVoltex aka SDVX)
O2Mania (O2Jam)

All of the above are rhythm game for pc based and have either a built in or separate beatmap / notechart creator so you can make your own maps if you ever feel like it.
If you click on the name of the game it should redirect you to a YouTube video with some pretty hard maps (just to see what you could possibly one day be playing like).
These are the ones I personally know and have played, if there are others I'd like to know too :D
I used to play O2Jam but the server has been closed. Is there any new server?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not as far as I'm aware off, there are certain low populated servers floating around (5-10 players online), nothing big.
I see. Well I will have to download O2mania and some song packs, If you have some info about this PM me :)

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I see. Well I will have to download O2mania and some song packs, If you have some info about this PM me :)

There's a torrent floating around the internet not sure if it's legal to post here, the game is free I think since it's a fanmade game so linking to the torrent shouldn't be illegal?? IDK, easy way is to just google it out and add torrent at the end, should be the first result.

Reactions: RCJayce

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lunatic Rave is excellent. Don't be scared off by videos of stupidly hard songs, there's enough easier ones too.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

i love taiko no tatsujin :C tried the ps2 version and the DS version
any other versions i can play at home? like a wii one?

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
i love taiko no tatsujin :C tried the ps2 version and the DS version
any other versions i can play at home? like a wii one?
Yes, there's a total of 5 taiko no tatsujin wii games, all japan exclusives, so if you can import them you'll still have to hack your wii for region free disc loading (unless you got a hacked wii, then you can boot them from a usb loader).

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yes, there's a total of 5 taiko no tatsujin wii games, all japan exclusives, so if you can import them you'll still have to hack your wii for region free disc loading (unless you got a hacked wii, then you can boot them from a usb loader).

already have a hacked wii :D
i looked the other day on the wikipedia page but i thought it only was for ps2 arcade and nds...

can you give me the names of thoose games?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i looked the other day on the wikipedia page but i thought it only was for ps2 arcade and nds...

copy pasted from the internet

Nintendo Wii
Taiko no Tatsujin Wii Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (太鼓の達人Wii)
-Giant note introduced
-Training Dojo introduced
-First Taiko game with song lyrics
-Mii support
Release: 11 December 2008 Number of songs: 70

Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2 Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Dodon~! to Nidaime! (太鼓の達人Wii ドドーンと2代目!)
-First console Taiko with Ura Oni
-Don-chan costumes introduced to Wii
-Fight note introduced
-First Taiko game to congratulate players with Full Combo at song's end
Release: 19 November 2009 Number of songs: 70

Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 3 Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Minna de Party Sandaime (太鼓の達人Wii みんなでパーティ☆3代目)
-Dream Taiko Land brings back minigames
-First non-handheld Taiko to support up to 4 players
Release: 2 December 2010 Number of songs: 71

Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 4 Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Kettei-Ban (太鼓の達人Wii 決定版)
-Costume and song count in triple-digits
-Fuuga and Mirai's Taiko Classroom introduced
-Guide Mode (Tsumamikui Ensou) introduced to Wii
Release: 23 November 2011 Number of songs: 105

Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 5 Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Chogouka-Ban (太鼓の達人Wii 超ごうか版)
-Shuukan Soukai! Don-chan Sawagi minigame mode
Release: 29 November 2012 Number of songs: 105

Reactions: migles

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Arras nailed it, for anything taiko related visit TaikoTime, the blog is constantly updated with the newest taiko no tatsujin related stuff (arcade news, console games, dlc...).

Reactions: migles

alin72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only played guitar hero and OSU! on PC. There are some good games on Nintendo DS, 3DS and PSP though.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Why are you recommending part 2 without recommending part 1? First game wasn't a rhythm game?

Well first and most obvious issue is that they actually haven't ported first part, so you are going to need an emulator instead of buying native port. First part is also pretty much worse in every aspect, some parts are almost identical to second game, it's not needed that much plot vice and it uses videos with enviroments instead of 3D models, meaning playing game with 4:3 aspect ratio compressed video on modern HD monitor doesn't look that great at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead