shadow theory

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo DS was my first foray into flashcarts, modding, and the like so I apologize in advance for my ignorance on the subject, I have searched the forum and read a lot of threads on the process and all that. Here's the questions I still have:

Note: I shall be purchasing a slim PSP.

1.) Where are places one could buy the datel data recovery tool (The pandora battery if I'm using the wrong terminology)? I have searched on the net for it, and have found a lot of sites referring to it, but most of the sellers I found were overseas, anything in the US? If not, any reliable sellers would be appreciated since I always like to get a reference or two before purchasing anything from a site on the internet if I'm not already familiar with the company.

2.) Memory sticks, I remember when getting my DS flashcart I got the kingston SDcard because it had no problems with any roms, is that true here too? Are there brands I should look for? I'm looking to get a 4GB one. (Recommendations for make and model, and even a place to buy would be much appreciated if you know already!)

3.) After installing the CFW how is the compatibility with PSP isos? PSX isos?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions! (Or just reading if you don't answer
happy.gif
)

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Last resort is Divineo, but I recommend making one, Divineo sells it for like $60 shipped which is not worth it.

2. I'm pretty sure all are good, some are worse (I think Lexar) some are better (Sandisk Ultra).

3. Perfect, perfect, some need Popsloader.

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) The only place I know of to get one of these batteries is Divineo, if you live in the US. Ive ordered from them in the past with no problems.

2)As for a memory stick, Sandisks have been the best for me. Here is the part# for the 4gig stick im using, SDMSG-4096-A10. Amazon has it, or you can buy it directly from Sandisk.

3)For me its been 100% no problems at all.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Regarding the Tool Battery, why don't you just make one yourself?
I'm sure you could find a secondhand PSP battery yourself for cheap.
When you do you can just hardmod it, which is a simple process.
A lot cheaper than buying a Tool battery.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought a tool battery, rather than making my own, so it would be more convenient when I sorted out other people's PSPs for them ... I have all my modding stuff in little kits, lol.

Got a tool battery & a magic memory stick in a little pouch thing, for example.

Have an original copy of Splinter Cell & an xbox memory unit with the softmod files in another ... and so on.

Even have a little tool box for my precision soldering iron, and it's accessories ... it even has little clear compartments for chips, too.

That's how I do it
biggrin.gif

shadow theory

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for the replies, and in looking at the prices of a pre-made pandora battery from divineo and the price of buying an extra sony battery I figure the few dollar difference (24 versus 29) will be worth it to save me from ending up to have to buy three batteries if I mess one up. It's probably very easy, but I've never done that sort of thing, so if I can get it done no fuss for a few more bucks it's worth it to me.

Well I'll get on this soon, and if I have anymore questions I'll come back but thanks again!

Edit:

Okay I've found cheaper PSP batteries, I may try hardmodding one and if that doesn't work, then I'll get the pre-made one.

shadow theory

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The airmail showing up for me is only 8 bucks. I've yet to purchase it, but it's not 30, though I do only have the option between that and FedEx overnighting it.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only Pandora batteries on your own if they're Sony because all the knock off batteries don't include the chip inside.

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Why not get the Tool battery directly from Datel? $25 + shpping, codejunkies.com. Get the phat one so you can use it on a phat and slim.

2. Best place to get a memory stick....COSTCO! $30 for SanDisk 4GB. I think the offer is good until end of March. That's the best price anywhere.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The battery I bought from DealExtreme looks exactly (on the outside) like the original I got when I bought my psp. It came in, what looks to be, genuine packaging too, with the official Sony logo and what-not.

shadow theory

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
joe_gamer said:
1. Why not get the Tool battery directly from Datel? $25 + shpping, codejunkies.com. Get the phat one so you can use it on a phat and slim.

2. Best place to get a memory stick....COSTCO! $30 for SanDisk 4GB. I think the offer is good until end of March. That's the best price anywhere.

Thanks for the info!

On codejunkies it doesn't designate any of them as being the Datel model, which one is the pandora battery or is any of them good?

I know I seem over appreciative, but I just wanted to say thanks again for all the info.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
moozxy said:
The battery I bought from DealExtreme looks exactly (on the outside) like the original I got when I bought my psp. It came in, what looks to be, genuine packaging too, with the official Sony logo and what-not.
Yeah, but it's not real. It can't be turned into a pandora one and it doesn't even work on PSP Slims.

QUOTE(shadow theory @ Mar 24 2008, 09:09 PM) But after I use that I can return to using the battery that came with the slim PSP, right?
Yup, the pandora is only required to put the cfw on it or to unbrick when bricked...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."