Hardware Good place to buy a PowerPC Macintosh or other PPC computers

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi I want to buy a PPC mac or another computer to run/test AmigaOS4 (for shits and giggles) I am always intrested in odd ball OS's just for fun besides I heard Amiga at least the old ones have great games not released on apple/PC computers ik the easiest way is to buy or pirate AmigaForever but lets face it I rather have the hardware to use it

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eBay will be you friend, look for a PowerMac G4. If you have an apple store near you, there's an incredibly slim chance that they'll have a used G5 that they can't get rid of, as well

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
https://shopgoodwill.com

I got myself a 2006 iBook G4 in excellent condition here for $10+ shipping. It's mainly auctions, and you have to look out for crappers, but it's a good place to pickup old Apple crap (and various other stuff) for cheap.

Some of the stores might charge a ton for shipping, and shipping costs aren't stated outright so be careful what you bid on, but otherwise it's a great alternative to the high prices on eBay/Craigslist.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a 12 inch PowerBook G4 that I'd be willing to let go, if that interests you. It'a a 1.5GHz model with maxed out RAM.

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Be sure to check out secondhand stores near you aswell. Sometimes they have very good deals, especially when they have old computers for sale that they cannot get rid of.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You won't be able to run AmigaOS 4 as it's tied to specific bespoke motherboards. You will probably be able to run MorphOS on most PPC Mac hardware but check compatibility lists first.

Most old Amiga games ignored the OS APIs and programmed the custom chipset directly so even if you're running AmigaOS/MorphOS/Aros natively you'll still need to use emulation to run them.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yup. And they still require emulation to run old games :)

If you want to experiment with a modern (in Amiga terms) Amiga like OS without spending any money then you can check out AROS which is free and open source and works on x86

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1