Hacking Going to get a 2DS, but need to know some stuff first...

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was just a proven way to brick your 3ds using a Gateway and the 2.0B2 firmware but hey, it must be save 'cuz it's from Gateway.

The brick code is in the gateway files & its triggered when you use or try to use modified gateway files which is why no R4i deluxe, or any other flash carts that use modified gateway files for me I'll just stick with my MT card.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The brick code is in the gateway files & its triggered when you use or try to use modified gateway files which is why no R4i deluxe, or any other flash carts that use modified gateway files for me I'll just stick with my MT card.
.......sorry to break it to you....but MT are using modded gateway files......just properly edited to avoid the brick code, which R4i have now started to look at to see how MT did it, atm gateway are the only people putting out the new code, whichever card you choose your relying on gateways code regardless

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.......sorry to break it to you....but MT are using modded gateway files......just properly edited to avoid the brick code, which R4i have now started to look at to see how MT did it, atm gateway are the only people putting out the new code, whichever card you choose your relying on gateways code regardless

So in other words they removed the brick didn't know that my bad bro :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So in other words they removed the brick didn't know that my bad bro :)
i would personally like it if an actual independently developed alternative came out.....sucks when its only one team actually developing as they can take all the time in the world to get new features as there's no real competition......its even worse when its a team that reacts so badly to the copy cats......you never know if they will unleash anything else on the clones....and then you can never know if that new counter attack will backfire like the brick code in b2, if there was more than 1 developer they wouldn't have time to be conjuring new plots against the clones as they would have competition to be keeping up with and any plots they make would just reflect badly on their team if it backfired

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would personally like it if an actual independently developed alternative came out.....sucks when its only one team actually developing as they can take all the time in the world to get new features as there's no real competition......its even worse when its a team that reacts so badly to the copy cats......you never know if they will unleash anything else on the clones....and then you can never know if that new counter attack will backfire like the brick code in b2, if there was more than 1 developer they wouldn't have time to be conjuring new plots against the clones as they would have competition to be keeping up with and any plots they make would just reflect badly on their team if it backfired

Does this mean that MT team removed the brick code from their FW ?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Does this mean that MT team removed the brick code from their FW ?
i dont know the full details but a few devs confirmed that the MT launcher was heavily based on gateways launcher....i dont think too much more was gone into, but they generally warn people if their is a risk of bricking like they did with b2 and the r4i clones......MT seems to have done a better job than the others anyway in regards to removing/disabling the brick code....i havent heard of any bricks at all from MT usage

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yes but I have a reputation to live up to... as an ass. In fairness though it's probably the biggest scandal (if you can call it that) of the 3DS scene to date. Knowledge of its existence is almost ubiquitous round here.

I'm an ass too. Us asses got to stick together.

The only semi brick I have encountered is with 7.x encryption rips where it would freeze on the 3ds logo then when powered off would boot into the boot error blue screen.

My fix was pull the battery and cold boot into the boot rom loader and flash back to 4.x

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know the full details but a few devs confirmed that the MT launcher was heavily based on gateways launcher....i dont think too much more was gone into, but they generally warn people if their is a risk of bricking like they did with b2 and the r4i clones......MT seems to have done a better job than the others anyway in regards to removing/disabling the brick code....i havent heard of any bricks at all from MT usage

I'm taking this as yes excellent there's nothing to worry about laughs evilly now all we need is 3DS rom hacks

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol thats true but the only reason mt hasnt had any bricks is that it took them a little bit to copy gateways work. Before they finished the first brick had showed up and then another and it was reported that it was while trying to access diagnostics on gw. You know what mt did? They made it so you couldnt use their copy of gateways diagnostics.

To each their own. You have mt i have gateway. Who really cares. Im just pushing info is all. You can do the same stuff i do. Sure it might be a day or a week or two later but still. I just wish mt and other would do the work themselves especually mt because they seem capable enough too. Even if all they are doing is copying they still have to go through gateways new code with a fine tooth comb to make sure it aint gonna mess anything up. If they can do that they can code for themselves and be real competition. Hopefully they will. Who knows though.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ATTENTION WIIU OWNERS keep an eye on download management if you haven't updated your WiiU Nintendo they are sneaking updates I'm not joking I'm very serious please help

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ATTENTION WIIU OWNERS keep an eye on download management if you haven't updated your WiiU Nintendo they are sneaking updates I'm not joking I'm very serious please help

wrong thread, wrong forum section and nothing new, you can simply disable that in the settings, also you can block the update urls in your router, please read some stickies before posting stuff like "ATTENTION ATTENTION, the world will explode in 2012"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello