Hacking Going to buy a e3 flashed ps3, what do I need to know before buying?

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, need a bit of help before I make a purchase. A guy on craigslist is selling is ps3 which he claims is jailbroken via e3 flasher. It may, it may not be but I would like to know everything about it so in the future so I don't accidentally brick it. The only thing he's told me so far is that its a
PS3 Slim 160 gb
Model #: CECH2501a

Also, is there a tutorial for how to play from the HDD?

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Slim is good !

I had no Idea when I bought my PS3 a few weeks back and that idiot never told me he already opened the PS3 Phat because of YLOD, but after reading some forums and whatever it seems the Slim doesn't have this ...
And playing from the HDD should be not much of a problem, when Multiman is installed you can just mount and start the Games but you have to have inserted a BlueRay in the PS3 for some Games to run.

/// still I recommend to ask if there were already repairs done before.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By e3 flashed, that just means it was downgraded, right?

I have 2 jailbroken PS3s and handled both of the purchases differently.

When I my PS3 slim, I paid someone to do a downgrade on it. It cost me maybe $300 for the PS3 + Downgrade, but it came with a bunch of add-ons like 2 move cameras, the TV Tuner box, DVD remote and a bunch of games. The stuff I didn't want I managed to re-sell and got some of my money back.

With my second, I bought a 60gb US model which was never upgraded from 3.55 (warranty sticker was still in-tact), and it had no YLOD or problems. The unit cost me around $250 I believe, which seemed like a steal for a launch 60gb model which never had YLOD. I just did the CFW installation myself. I did send it in to Endless Electronics for some work on it to help avoid YLOD in the future, like fresh heatsync, fan mod and stuff. I think it cost me $100 including inter-state express shipping to them and back again. Was about as much as if I'd done the work myself, with none of the risk.

So if you are really in doubt or concerned about the state of the PS3, you could try looking for a 3.55 PS3 and just do the CFW yourself. On ebay, a 3.55 slim seems to go anywhere from $200 to $300. A fat seems to differ in price depending on the model, condition and whether it has had work done to it, but it's a real gamble if you don't know what you are looking for. Although if you don't care about the PS3 functionality, a slim is fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...