Misc Going online with flashcards - a general bad idea?!

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I am testing some flashcards to see which one works best. Sky3DS is a nice card but I miss the ability to play DS games.
Before I get a load of WRONG!! answers hear me out: I am NOT softmodding my 3DS. I want to be able to take a cartridge on the go, and when I feel like it buy a game and go online without any traces of illegal activities.

Now my question is: is going online with flashcards safe? Or a general bad idea?

I believe (not sure) that you need some kind of header to even go online. But what if there is no header... will it simply refuse to go online?
Sorry for asking... but the last thing I want is a banned 3DS. Most games that I play (except Pokemon) are offline...

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there's no unique header 99% chance you're getting banned. Flashcarts are only safe to go online if you're ripping your own games or buy headers from people.

Of course, you could stop being a weirdo, and just use CFW (for FREE I might add) to play online without getting banned.

BvanBart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If there's no unique header 99% chance you're getting banned. Flashcarts are only safe to go online if you're ripping your own games or buy headers from people.

Of course, you could stop being a weirdo, and just use CFW (for FREE I might add) to play online without getting banned.

So if I understand you correctly -> CFW will not get me banned when playing online? How does that solve the header problem then? Or is it because I can install CIA files then?

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Playing a cia version of a game will never get you banned and doesn't need a header to play online , unlike the rom.3ds version

Reactions: BvanBart

BvanBart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah bummer... Stargate 3DS does not support .CIA files... Should have bought the Sky3DS then? (since I borrowed it from a friend).
Can I also just install a CIA and remove the SKY3DS? And is does that still require a softmod?

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah bummer... Stargate 3DS does not support .CIA files... Should have bought the Sky3DS then? (since I borrowed it from a friend).
Can I also just install a CIA and remove the SKY3DS? And is does that still require a softmod?
Yes , if you want to install a cia , your 3ds must be modded with a CFW

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Furthermore , a 3ds flashcard is useless from a long time ago , when you can play games online and offline without risking a ban(unless you're anche idiot) for free by installing a CFW

Last edited by THYPLEX,
Reactions: BvanBart

G9XFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
If I turn off wi-fi when I insert the flash card while wi-fi is off I wont get banned right? Im new to DS consoles as a whole and dont know much. I wouldnt want my purchases to go to waste by being banned.

onlypuppy7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I turn off wi-fi when I insert the flash card while wi-fi is off I wont get banned right? Im new to DS consoles as a whole and dont know much. I wouldnt want my purchases to go to waste by being banned.
Just get cfw, man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi