Hacking Going into GW mode: sometimes black screen?

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I wonder if I am the only one.
Sometimes when go to the profile screen and enter the 'Gateway mode' my screen goes grey, then black and then....nothing.

Only by pressing the power-off button a few times I can switch off the 3DS. Repeating the above procedure -until now- works fine and my 3DS restart in GW mode.

btw: I am on version 4.5 on a European 3DS.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, that has happened to me since I began to use the card (like in 1 of every 5 tries). Fortunately, my 3DS is still working normally as well as my Gateway 3DS.

Kei00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Only one time (of 30?). And my brother too, one time... But he has completed 5-6 games. European 3DS with 4.5.

If it happes often (maybe) you should reinstall Gateway (with blue cartridge) in your 3DS.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Figured I'd bump this rather than start a new thread, but has anyone had it get stuck on the 3ds logo?

Apparently that is when it's copying save from SD->Gateway. I've had it get stuck twice now (I use a lot, so not huge amount). Game showed up, boot it, just sits on the 3DS logo. System is not crashed as logo is still animated. It just seems like Gateway didn't trigger SD->Gateway, so never booted.

No issues at all in game (card removed error, corrupt saves etc).

BananaSlamma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my gateway the other day, and it happened to me on the third time I started gateway mode. It hasn't happened since though

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
This appened to me too a single time.
My gateway also got stuck on animated NINTENDO 3DS logo a single time too, and I had to press the power button a long time for the 3DS to power off. After rebooting, the save loaded fine.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So clearly it's a Gateway exploit/stability issue. Hopefully 2.0 will take care of it :).

Just to see if there is any relation, what size sd cards are you using? As it only happened to me after switching from a class 4 4GB to a class 10 16GB. Probably just coincidence as I've used it far more with the 16GB, so just curiosity really.

keubibo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, i can confirm that :D i must hold my 3ds power button and try to reboot it, after rebooting, seem to be OK :D

NanakiXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had this same problem. Games freeze when the gateway try to access the saves data from the SD card in the SD slot. Try to format your SD card and place only the .sav files and the launcher. It works for me.

Zaneris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've only had this occur with the Red Gateway inserted while launching Gateway mode and Mario and Luigi Dream Bros inserted.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had this same problem. Games freeze when the gateway try to access the saves data from the SD card in the SD slot. Try to format your SD card and place only the .sav files and the launcher. It works for me.

I've formatted my card and just have the saves and launcher on there now. Before I had launcher, saves + professor Layton (Eshop download, from when 4.5 was latest), Mario kart 1.1 patch and some demos.

Will see if that stops it completely. If it does, I do hope they sort it for 2.0, as we will need emunand on the card as well, so can't just have saves+launcher.

NanakiXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've formatted my card and just have the saves and launcher on there now. Before I had launcher, saves + professor Layton (Eshop download, from when 4.5 was latest), Mario kart 1.1 patch and some demos.

Will see if that stops it completely. If it does, I do hope they sort it for 2.0, as we will need emunand on the card as well, so can't just have saves+launcher.

I think the problem might come from the SD read speed. I use a Lexar 4GB class 4 (the one which came with my 3DS). I want to try with a SD class 10, but I don´t have one at this moment.
Mine works ok with no games, just the saves and launcher, but I want my eshop games too in the same SD... Hope a class 10 will solve the problem.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since formatting the card, I've not had it get stuck on the 3ds logo, but have had a black screen on entering gateway mode.

Oh well, hopefully 2.0 will address some stability issues & it enters gw mode most of the time without issue.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Figured I'd bump this. Done some testing.

Freezing on 3ds logo when coping save just seems to be too much stuff/fragmentation on sd. Since formatting and
clearing junk off the card, not happened again.

Black screen when loading exploit seems to be related to gateway+micro sd.

4GB Kingston class4. No blackscreens. Exploit loads all the time.
No gateway in the slot. Exploit loads all the time.
16GB Sandisk class 10. Occasional black screen on exploit activation. No issues other than that.

Not had time to do any testing with other cards.

Not sure what to make of that. Can't see why having the gateway + certain sd card in causes that, but those are my findings.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Figured I'd bump this rather than start a new thread, but has anyone had it get stuck on the 3ds logo?

Apparently that is when it's copying save from SD->Gateway. I've had it get stuck twice now (I use a lot, so not huge amount). Game showed up, boot it, just sits on the 3DS logo. System is not crashed as logo is still animated. It just seems like Gateway didn't trigger SD->Gateway, so never booted.

No issues at all in game (card removed error, corrupt saves etc).

Yes, had it at one point on every game i tried to play, copied all saves off sd, formatted it, copied back launcher and saves and hasnt happened again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users