Glass screen slightly loose on one corner?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by tarovisions, Mar 16, 2017.

1. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Addict

Aug 5, 2007

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Where did you hear it affects the ability to dock? Unless you have an obscenely thick protector, it will have no affect on docking. I use a tempered glass protector along with many others and I have yet to hear about this ever being an issue anywhere.

3. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    People on Gamefaqs were complaining the added girth was causing it to be really tight. I think the girth I remember was .33mm added. No clue. I just have PDP protectors.

4. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    They're Made in Chinaâ„¢ so you just sped up the delivery process, at most. :P

5. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Addict

Aug 5, 2007
    It's Xmm and not cm. What the hell are they using on that screen? A freaking IKEA glass?

6. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Well I said MM not CM. You know, millimeter. Either way I got no idea, I just know it was complained about, was just putting it out there that it may be an issue if it's too thick. Honestly the licensed official ones PDP makes it makes mine snugger than it was without too.

7. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Addict

Aug 5, 2007
    I know, I'm not blaming you but rather the people that somehow manage to scratch their glass protectors.

8. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I know, I meant "didn't want to risk scratches" as in during the time I wouldn't have one while waiting for it to ship from China.

9. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    You can just put your old defective charger in the packaging of the new charger and return it as defective.

Also, you should call Nintendo warranty repair 1-800-255-3700 to fix your switch, turn around is about 2 weeks at most, typically only 1 week as they are expediting Switch repairs right now.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

My dock was so bent inward that when docking the console it would rub both front and back even without a protector, I've since sent my dock in for warranty replacement, but I can how with a screen protector it would have only been worse.

10. DarkDragonDX

DarkDragonDX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Short update.
    I got a complete new Switch package in my locol Store where I bought the console. They'll send the old one back to Nintendo.

11. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    R.I.P. Zelda save...

12. DarkDragonDX

DarkDragonDX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Yes.... 50h are gone. In the moment I have no motivation to start from the beginning, maybe in a few days or weeks..

13. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    ... Or months... Or years... Maybe never.

Oo