Hardware Glare in the Switch's screen is very high.

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been noticing some really bothersome glare with the Switch's screen lately, I'm still waiting on my tempered glass screen protector so I am not using a screen protector yet.

If you look closely when the Switch is powered on, there's quite a big gap between the IPS panel and the top glossy plastic screen on the Switch.

This creates more glare since there's more room for light to sit between the plastic glossy top screen and the IPS panel below it.

On top of that IPS screen are notorious for a glow effect which cannot be avoided combine this with the large gap between the screen and a glossy plastic top makes for a almost unbearable glare when playing in the daytime (not even directly under sunlight).

I've decided to cancel my tempered glass screen protector and going to a high quality anti-glare one for the Switch, I believe the IPS panel on the Switch is bright enough (I don't use maximum brightness) that a anti-glare screen protector should not effect the image quality but it'll be so much better for my eyes in the long run.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post a pic.
I dont see anything wrong with mines.
Maybe your just seeing something i done or use is defected.

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's nothing more glare than any other glossy screen devices have but it does have a big gap between the IPS LCD and the top plastic screen (usually Chinese tablets are known for this) which causes a bit more glare.

I placed the order for the anti-glare protector, I think y'all eyes are use to glossy and shinning reflections after using so many glossy screen products; my eyes are just use to matte screens.

My TV is matte, my monitor is matte and only my older laptop is glossy (which I don't use very often and can get a matte screen protector for it needed) which I have a 60% brightness plug in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol